From the Author
Fire TV brings a menu of more than 200,000 movies and TV episodes to your fingertips. It's a huge, open ecosystem of entertainment. Plus, it comes with access to the best video games.
Here are the must-have features Fire TV delivers:
- Voice search that just works. It's perhaps the biggest leap forward with Fire TV. No more scrolling and pecking letters from an alphabet grid, you simply mention the name of a movie, TV show, actor, director or genre.
- Every leading streaming-video service. They're all available on your TV, plus a world of music--Amazon MP3s, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and more. With X-Ray for Music, lyrics display and scroll line-by-line automatically as the song plays.
- World-class performance in a tiny box--a quad-core processor with more than three times the muscle of the competitors, Apple TV, Chromecast, or Roku 3. True HDTV plus Dolby Digital Plus surround sound.
- Ready to use, right out of the box. After you order your Fire TV from Amazon, the unit arrives pre-registered to your Amazon account. Just take it out of the box, plug it in, and start enjoying.
- Advanced Streaming and Prediction (ASAP), which predicts which movies and shows you'll want to watch, and pre-loading them for you.
- High-quality gaming without the expense of a game console. Enjoy games like Minecraft, Monsters University, The Game of Life, The Walking Dead, NBA2K14, Asphalt 8, and much more. The average prices of Fire TV games is a measly $1.85.
- Revolutionary parental controls. You can choose what your kids see and you can set time limits for the types of content and times of day. No more arguments at bedtime. FreeTime Unlimited provides an all-you-can-eat subscription for kids aged 3 to 8.
- More than just a gadget, Fire TV is a seamlessly integrated service that manages your entertainment experience, including features like:
- Whispersync--Preserves and synchronizes your video and music library across all of your devices. You can start watching a movie on your Kindle Fire tablet, then switch to your living-room TV. The video resumes exactly where you left off. The same is true for games, you can switch devices seamlessly.
- Worry-Free Archive--Your digital content is automatically backed up to Amazon's cloud. No worries about losing your collection.
- Great customer service--With Amazon, help is just a phone call or email away. If you're using your Kindle Fire, you can tap the Mayday button for live assistance.