Firefly Complete Series: 15th Anniversary
Collector's Edition, Anniversary Edition
- Low Return Rate: 12% fewer returns than similar products
- Highly Rated: More than 85% 4 star and 5 star reviews
- Popular Item: Popular with customers shopping for "firefly"
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Airing on Fox in 2002-2003, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" creator Joss Whedon's mix of sci-fi spectacle and Western drama followed the ragtag crew of the transport spaceship Serenity. Five hundred years in the future, the men and women of Serenity try to stay one step ahead of the totalitarian Alliance in control of the galaxy while running odd jobs-legal and otherwise-that take them to frontier worlds. Nathan Fillion, Gina Torres, Adam Baldwin, Alan Tudyk, Jewel Staite, and Ron Glass star.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The packaging really is stunning. From the faux leather outer casing, to the bonus memorabilia like glossy photocards and bonus map, its a handsome package that stands out. The digipack that holds the discs looks great, but the slipcases that houses the discs are just as finicky as you expect.
The show itself needs no introduction. If you havent yet experienced it, then buy it for gods sake. But for fans who already own the original release, unless you REALLY want the new packaging (pictures dont do it justice it really looks great), i would say skip it.
So to recap, if you own the original Blu-Ray release of Firefly, this gets you nothing new as far as video content goes.
The original release also had the better cover art IMO.
NO new restored audio/video.
NO new bonus features.
NO new commentary tracks.
NO thank you!
The map of the Verse is a single sided sheet with the five main systems in the Alliance space, showing which stars are the suns for their respective planets. The character cards are printed on nice stock and the print quality is quite high, and it gives a few tidbits of information of the characters. Other than that, its a tri-fold case with the three blu-ray discs inside.
The reason for the single star off is that the discs aren't put in plastic spindles like most normal sets, but in the paper sleeves of the case, which is becoming an annoyingly common way to package blu-rays nowadays. I know that blu-rays have far superior scratch protection than DVDs do, but even so, it takes a bit of doing to get the discs out of the sleeves, and no one likes risking damage with their property. Had the sleeves been spindles instead, I'd definitely give this a five star rating. Maybe not a whole lot of goodies for an anniversary set, but for the price, it's sufficiently shiny.
- Firefly on Blu Ray? Shiny! The design of the 15 year anniversary box is gorgeous, and has some fun add ins. ( I don’t want to spoil it if you’d rather be surprised. )
- People have to understand that when this was made, no one understood the cultural phenomenon it would turn into. As such there is only so many “extras” that were made. At this point we are more years removed from the show than their are episodes, so if you are buying this looking for “new” stuff you’ve missed the point. If you already own the series on blu ray, you can probably pass on this one.
- The only reason that they lose a star is the Chinese finger trap they designed for the discs themselves. While as mentioned above it is aesthetically pleasing, it is less the functionality so.
I really liked this Robin Hood gang that was always trying to do the right thing which may not have been on the right side of the law. The show is a SciFi Western. Sounds strange? Watch it and you will like it too.
Too bad the TV network had to ruin it and cancel it early. They showed episodes out of order and sometimes went weeks or months between airing the next installment. Luckily, they made a movie called "Serenity" which would try to tie up the loose ends the series left when it was cancelled. This box set has a actor cards and a small poster in it for the fans.
Most recent customer reviews
For one, I could honestly care less about any of the characters. I find all of them vapid, poorly written, and boring.Read more