Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 220 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 236 reviews
on March 3, 2014
I like this thick tacky wax except it doesn't spread into my mustache well. It clumps, and yes I warm the wax prior to application. It dries quickly and therefore pulls. Several long mustache hairs were lost in this trial. Maybe this is an old can. I looked at the website and apparently this wax is made by some dude in his spare time. Well maybe this can is from a rushed batch during halftime or something. The smell is fine, reminds me of my church (uses beeswax candles). For $18 I have buyers remorse. That money could have been a burger and a big beer had I been satisfied with the wax I was already using. Live and learn.

Have yet to find the wax that really does the trick. This one is close, but for now I am sticking to Brother's Love. It is softer but dries hard. I apply it with ease and the curl it with my fingers and set it with a blowdryer. It lasts all day and when I wake up I put a bit more in and I am ready to rock.
on November 12, 2016
Love it!! Took me two years to find the perfect wax and this is it!! Strong hold, apply once in the morning.
review image
on July 13, 2016
Seriously the best wax I have used! I used a lot of waxes for my handlebar and none seemed to hold very well I ended up resulting to Using a glue stick to get the hold I wanted, but since I have had this I have thrown the glue away! Very strong hold, holds all day, looks good doesn't make you moustache greasy or oily and it doesn't clump up and leave residue. Will continue to but again and again
review image
on May 26, 2015
I am going to give this product four stars as opposed to five for one reason: it is too thick. This tin is very small; I joked with my wife that the picture on the computer was larger than the product! No matter, you won't be using a lot of it very fast. This wax is akin to using a candle to shape your mustache. I've heard and seen reviewers say they use a blow dryer to heat this up but haven't had success with that method. All it does is make the tin a little hot to hold. I also have a heat light in my bathroom (the kind you may find in motel bathrooms that heats up the air and breaks the steam up), same thing: hot tin, thick wax. What you have to do is just press your finger into the wax very hard and push forward bunching some of the wax up off the surface. Once you have some of it on your finger, share a little bit with your other index finger and then rub it around your fingers with your thumbs. The other problem with the wax being so thick is that it clumps in the hairs. So I've taken to using a thicker pomade and running it through my mustache to coat all the hairs and then start the twirling at the ends and then using this wax to almost lock in the curls. Once it sets in this way it's in for good! I wake up the next morning and almost without fail I still have the curled ends! It's strong stuff. Know this and you'll be fine. Also, the color is a nice brown and works well with my dark brown hair just fine.
on February 3, 2014
I purchased this for my hard-working husband after doing research on other waxes. He didn't want anything too dense or sticky. He has dark brown facial hair with golden brown and a few other lighter colors interspersed so he opted for the Dark wax.

He has medium-coarse facial hair, prone to corkscrew. First time use, he applied it lightly. It was easy for him to apply (he followed the website directions - we both enjoyed the video, btw.) and the color matched well. Once blended, it was not visible or perceptible. It gave a nice shape and definition to his goatee. He had a few wily strays but those will probably tame with length.

The scent is like the sweet musk of a natural beeswax and it doesn't linger. Next day, he had to reapply, probably because it was applied lightly but I wouldn't expect it to come off so soon otherwise.

This is good stuff. I would definitely recommend it backstage.
on February 9, 2013
I have coarse hair, so to get a good curl on my handle bars this wax is the best, especially while I wast training the hair to the shape I wanted. After several months with it I could get by with a more pliable wax, but I still would go for this wax since it would set up even in tropical heat and humidity. It is also relatively easy to get off the fingers because it is waxy instead of greasy, a firm wipe in a dry towel will remove most of the wax for most purposes, and if you are handling fine objects with your hands then a soapy rinse will complete the job.
on July 5, 2016
This is just okay. It's very thick and kind of oily. You can't escape the waxy smell if you apply it on your mustache.
The thing is, if you want a firm hold, you have to apply quite a bit of this, which makes your mustache feel pasty. I wasn't a big fan of that.
Used sparingly, however, I found out that I could achieve a "just barely there" kind of hold that I actually liked. But to keep the look, I had to reapply often. The wax is quite a bit softer than some other reviewers will have you believe. No need to heat it up. Just keep it in your pocket and it will be more than soft enough.
on April 16, 2016
This stuff holds tight! It's a true was, like the description says, and stays in all day/night...
That being said, it is MUCH more difficult to apply than your typical "wax"; it takes some real getting used to...
I hear it up with some friction from my thumb first; swirling it around in the tin. Get a little on my thumb & forefinger (careful not to apply too much at once, or it globs up) and rub it in the edge of my stache... Every now and then I'll have to hold/pinch the parts that didn't turn out so well (to warm up the wax) and start over...
Great product!.. I don't even mess with the lighter hold stuff anymore...
on January 25, 2016
I have tried a number of different brands of mustache wax, all purchased from Amazon. I wanted to see what different ones would smell like, how they would hold, how they resisted humidity and heat. So far Firehouse is the best, by a solid amount.
It holds well in lots of temperatures and humidity levels. Some brands I find myself replacing every 5 minutes as it has seemingly vanished in the heat.
It doesn't have an overpowering smell. One or two of the brands I have tried scent so overpowering you get dizzy just smelling your own 'stache.
This is a great product. It works well, doesn't stink, goes on pretty well and endures well.
It's my favorite.
on June 22, 2017
This is the only wax I'll use. Going on nearly a decade of using wax, and I've tried a couple different waxes, but Firehouse is the clear winner. No perfume-y scents, solid hold even in humid weather, and a tin lasts me close to a year.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.