Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on September 1, 2007
Its the nicest one I have used... but it could have been nicer...

Pan a little out so the whole flame would have been welcomed..

Also there are some fires that the camera pans and scan around and thats just not called for!

I would have rather seen different views back off the same fireplace... some tv's are bigger than others and if its like 50 or 60" the fire just looks too big... so different views further back would have been better.

At least they did use a real fire with real wood not a gas fire like most of the other discs I have seen. The first one is a full fireplace with wood that burns almost down then loops... thats the way to do it. The others that scan the fire are distracting and dumb.. the whole concept of these discs is an illusion of a fireplace so why does the camera need to move ? instead just offer different views of the same fireplace instead.

Overall on a lcd around 32 to 40 " you will be very pleased.... the bigger your set your fire will look too big and will not look natural at all.... in fact it will look like your living room is on fire... hence the further away view would have been welcomed...
26 helpful votes
27 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
Curl up and keep warm. Fantastic.
on December 14, 2007
You can't expect much from a video of a burning fire other than just that--a video of a burning fire. I have not seen the standard definition version of this HD DVD, but I believe that this version comes with fewer features, based on the reviews I have read of it. Still, this version comes with multiple different versions of the fire: A complete fire (starts after the fire is already lit and goes until it nearly goes out--you do not see the very beginning or the very end) An eternal fire (which is just the first minute or so of the fire looped back to back forever) and a number of other versions, including an exciting fire, which just looks at the fire with different camera angles, and a version of the fire set to music.

The fire looks great on HD DVD. The sound is a little weird--sometimes you hear little metal popping noises and tinkling sounds, and I wonder if this is an error in the audio compression or just the natural sound of the fire rack being heated. I once had an error with the HD DVD where the menu would not allow me to make a selection, and I had to restart the machine, but this happened only once and I do not know whether it was the player's fault or the HD DVD's fault. The reverse side has the standard definition version and its content is slightly different, but I cannot recall how it differed. Both sides are in wide screen and there is no full screen option. All in all, it is a great little fire to have going on in the background if you, like me, do not have a fireplace in your apartment.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on February 19, 2010
I have the HD DVD version of this fireplace as well , I have tried a few others and this one still is the best of the bunch.... why ? well this disc has a fireplace scene thats starts from beginning to the end, it does not pan around like the others do, the full fire lasts about 20 minutes or so at least there is always a different look when you walk past the screen. The disc has other scenes as well but this is the only disc I know of that does not pan or zoom around which is a cardinal sin for video like these. I just want to see a fire from start to finish with the same view angle and no zooming... this is it.
2 helpful votes
on December 28, 2007
I bought this specifically knowing the issues with blu-ray playback on this particular disc on the PS3, which I use as my blu-ray player, and went through the steps to get the replacement disc from the HDScape website and have had a good amount of time to watch the fireplaces. The quality is quite good, though not 1080P good, on the fires. And I of course like having the music in the background. If you want a simulated fire on your screen, this will do. Its nothing amazing but not too bad.
on January 25, 2009
A great fireplace video for all those cold months. We use ours with a flat screen TV/DVD player as a warmer day fireplace insert. It sure makes the room feel warmer. The sounds are realistic and I like the auto repeat sequence on the one of four fireplace scense that burns down like a real fire would.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on March 4, 2016
very pleased with order..
on February 24, 2015
nice in the winter when you do not have a real fire going in the house. the music is good also
on June 7, 2014
Great alternate to a real fire! Not quite as warm. More music options could be a good suggestion. Very happy with the product
on August 27, 2015