- DC in Jack
IoSafe Solo 1 TB Fireproof and Waterproof External Hard Drive + 1 Year Data Recovery Service SL1000GBUSB20 (Silver)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Protect your photos, music, videos, and business data
- Fireproof up to 1550° F for 1/2 hour per ASTM E120
- Waterproof up to 10 ft depth, 72 hours
- 1 year Data Recovery Service + up to $1000 for forensic data recovery (option to upgrade to 3 or 5 year plan at registration)
- Simple Plug and Play USB 2.0, PC or Mac, 3 year warranty
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
The ultimate external hard drive backed by the ultimate safety net
ioSafe Solo + Data Recovery Service (DRS)
Like an aircraft black box for your data, the ioSafe Solo and Data Recovery Service together offer you an unparalleled level of data protection. Combining advanced technology and elegant design, the rugged ioSafe Solo delivers an unmatched level of fire and water protection for your digital life at a price everyone can afford. And if the unfortunate happens, the ioSafe Data Recovery Service is there to help restore your disaster exposed data and hardware – no matter the circumstance.
Families, businesses, and enterprises alike turn to the ioSafe Solo and Data Recovery Service for the added peace of mind of knowing their digital lives – their memories, media, portfolios, data, and records – are are protected by the by the ultimate external hard drive and ultimate safety net. The ioSafe Solo protects the memories, media and data you can’t afford to lose, at a price you can afford to pay. How valuable is your digital life?
ioSafe Data Recovery Service (DRS)
Every ioSafe hard drive comes with a three-year limited warranty and one-year of complimentary one time use data and hardware recovery support.
Extend your coverage to three or five years from your hardware product’s original purchase date with the ioSafe Data Recovery Service. You get direct, single point of contact access to ioSafe’s telephone and email recovery support for questions about ioSafe hardware and data recovery. And you get global repair coverage for your ioSafe through convenient service options.
Extend your coverage to three years of service and expert data and hardware recovery support
Or, extend your coverage to five years of service and expert data and hardware recovery support
One point of contact service and support
Because efficiency of communication is vital during a crisis, the ioSafe Data Recovery Service gives you one-stop service and support and a personally assigned Recovery Team Leader who will guide you through the entire recovery process.
- Direct access to ioSafe’s experts – one point of contact
- Global, mail-in repair coverage with free shipping
- One time use, no questions asked, data recovery service
- Free replacement of hardware pre-loaded with recovered data
- Up to $1000 for forensic data recovery
Forensic Data Recovery - Two is better than one
ioSafe’s Recovery experts are able to fully recover the vast majority of disaster exposed drives, but if ioSafe is not able to recover your data in-house, ioSafe will team up with the experts at DriveSavers to help recover your data. The ioSafe Data Recovery Service provides up to $1000 towards extreme recovery efforts.
Any Loss. Any Reason. No Questions Asked.
The ioSafe Data Recovery Service provides a one time use, no questions asked data and hardware recovery service. For any loss, no matter the reason. Whether you’re a victim of a natural disaster or your child throws your drive in the family swimming pool - we’ve got you covered.
Need a few examples? We’ve got that covered too
- Fire damage
- Flood damage
- Accidental damage
- Human error
- Disk failure
- External enclosure failure
- Accidental deletion
- Power failures
- Soda / Juice / Mayple Syrup accident
- Anything you can think of...
The ioSafe Data Recovery Service can be purchased or extended only when your ioSafe hardware is still covered under the original data and hardware recovery support plan. See ioSafe Data Recovery Service Terms and Conditions for complete product details.
Like other ioSafe products, the Solo uses ioSafe patented technology including:
DataCast™ endothermic fire insulation technology protects your data from extreme heat. The DataCast formulation forms a chemical bond with water molecules that, at temperatures above 160°F, releases water vapor to limit the internal temperature of the unit during a fire.
HydroSafe™ water barrier technology is designed to protect data loss from fresh or salt water damage, including full immersion. While keeping your data dry, the HydroSafe technology still allows the needed heat dissipation required by all computer hardware during normal operation.
FloSafe™ active airflow cooling technology provides cooling airflow through the enclosure and across the disk drives during normal operating conditions. If destructive heat levels are sensed, such as in a fire, the FloSafe vents limit and protect your data from the extreme heat.
- World's most affordable high capacity fireproof and waterproof hard drive
- Fireproof: 1550 F, 1/2 hr per ASTM E119
- Waterproof: Full immersion, 10 ft. 3 days, fresh or salt water
- 1 TB storage capacity
- USB 2.0 interface
- Windows and Mac compatible
- Single disk, 1 TB storage capacity
- Quiet forced air cooling
- Multi-platform compatibility: Windows and Mac
- Up to 2 TB storage capacity available
- USB 2.0, up to 480Mb/s, 7200 RPM
Disaster & Security Specifications
- Fire protection: 1550F, 30 minutes per ASTM E119
- Flood / submersion protection: to 10 feet water depth, 3 days.
- Tested per UL, FCC and CE Standards
- Proven data protection and recovery. Tested to ASTM E119 standards for fire exposure.
- Physical theft protection: Cable lock or floor Mount capable
- 1 Year Data Recovery Service (1, 3, and 5 year plans available)
- 3 Year standard manufacturer's warranty for defects
Inside The Box
- ioSafe Solo USB External Hard Drive
- USB 2.0 Cable
- Power Supply
- Owners Manual and Warranty
- Electrical - AC input
- Voltage: 80 ~ 264 VAC at 50/60 HZ
- Typical Power Consumption: < 25W
- Intel Pentium II 350 MHz-compatible or Mac G3 processor & greater
- Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 or Mac OS 8.6 & greater
- USB 2.0 equipped system
- For USB 2.0 speeds, the system must support USB 2.0 specifications
- Operating: 0-35° C (95°F)
- Non-operating: 0-1550°F, 1/2 hr per ASTM E119
- Operating Humidity: 20% - 80% (non-condensing)
- Non-operating Humidity: 100%, Full water immersion, 10 feet, 3 days.
- Size: 5.0"W x 7.1"H x 11.0"L
- Weight: 15 lbs
What’s in the Box
ioSafe Solo USB External Hard Drive, USB 2.0 cable, Power Supply, Owners Manual and Warranty
Top Customer Reviews
After installation and during the online warranty registration, I called ioSafe to ask a question about upping the disaster recovery and warranty to five years, and I've never had a company rep who was more easily accessible or more courteous. He thanked me several times for purchasing the drive, asked what operating system I was using, just general chit-chat for a couple minutes regarding the drive. I mentioned that the WSJ video was impressive, and he said the guy who did that was sitting right next to him. That started another line of conversation for a couple minutes. It was quite a refreshing change of pace to be able to speak with a live person by inputting just an extension number which was given in information that came with the drive than the norm these days of press this to do this, then that do do that, and so on, ad nauseum.
One additional thing I'd point out is that the drive is not nearly as big as I thought it was going to be, although it does weigh quite a bit so the weight listed is probably in the neighborhood. The Amazon.com product dimensions are incorrect. Their dimensions led me to believe it would be almost the size of a PC CPU, so I was pleasantly surprised.Read more ›
* Reasonably priced considering what you are getting (fireproof, waterproof, theft protection)
* Includes a way to bolt the drive down for theft protection
* Gives peace of mind - protecting my code (I'm a programmer) and other valuable data
* I emailed the company with a question about encryption and got a fast response that answered the question
* Only USB 2.0 interface - could be faster with USB 3.0 or eSATA (future update?)
* Unit weighs about 15 pounds
* Requires external power supply
* Must register within 7 days with ioSafe
* My 2TB unit uses a Hitachi HDS722020ALA330 hard drive
* Can buy DRS (data recover service) extensions/upgrades to 5 years
* Check the videos (YouTube) on the Internet to see what this thing can take
* I use mine with my Windows Home Server and backup the shares and backups to it
* Encrypting data on the drive may make data recovery more difficult in case of disaster
I received my IoSafe portable hard drive within a few days of ordering. Their technical support was very professional and helpful. And when I had a question on an issue, they did some research and got back to me within 24 hours! That's service... going above and beyond the call of duty.
They walked me through the process of setting up my IoSafe, dedicating part of it to Mac files and a small portion to Windows files... then they encouraged me to call them back with any further questions.
IoSafe delivers the product and the support that is so often missing these days, once you actually purchase the product. I could talk with a live technician who was very helpful, who was available, who was professional and who was excited about the product.
As you do the research, you will find that a one tera-byte IoSafe is not that expensive, compared to the portable hard drives that can crash. I had a portable hard drive fall six to eight inches and it is no longer working...Plus I have to pay $1,200 to have the information retrieved. And I paid $130 for it to begin with. So the IoSafe is a bargain in many ways. I'm a "research addict," and the more I studied it, the better it looked...now that I'm using it, I'm even more convinced that it is the best buy for storing word documents, photographs, slide presentations etc.. (video takes up a lot of space quickly, but that will happen on any portable hard drive).
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Got this drive 2 years ago. It failed but Iosafe was excellent in getting drive replaced with a new one. I didn't need data recovery. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Jay Sokolow
I travel the Multi-Verse, I fight the Illuminati, and while I do this I document my journey. I needed something durable to hold all my journal entries, recipes, and porn. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Seeth (Zero One)
The unit worked fine until just after the warranty expired, then the USB controller failed and it no longer connects to the computer. Read morePublished 10 months ago by D. Giddings
Ok man I am a complete idiot. I bought this and really it is a overly protected Seagate. Of course anybody with any experience knows that seagates fail continuously which mine did. Read morePublished 10 months ago by George the animal steel
Almost forgot to leave my review. My drive failed when under heavy load, after a year or two of light use. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Amazon Customer
Four years later and this drive is still safely holding all of my backed-up data. I love it!Published 14 months ago by Douglas Markwith
We purchased as a "back up" back up for our server. Installation was a breeze, no software conflicts. Read morePublished 16 months ago by Bobby H.
I LOVE the idea of it but it won't connect to the network...who want to buy each one for each computer :-(Published 17 months ago by TedMiller3