Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 83 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 93 reviews
on March 14, 2016
I usually like the 1st film over the second by at least half. But with these two films, I say the first one has a SLIGHT edge over the second one as I see it. Largely because Charlie is a little girl and I really cared for her. Both films are great though. Very interesting and heartfelt and part 2's ending was unpredictable which I appreciated. Part 2 is actually like a sequel of a remake of Firestarter. It has NOTHING to do with the first movie. That's not a bad thing in my opinion. I highly recommend seeing BOTH films.
on June 24, 2012
This Drew Barrymore classic portrayal of Stephen King's Charlie is absolutely phenomenal. It is the story of a man who, along with his future wife, undergo an experiment with Lot-6 (supposedly a hallucinogen) supported secretly by a government branch called The Shop. The experiment leaves the couple with some psychic abilities and their offspring, Charlie, more-so. Charlie has the ability to cause fires using only the power of her mind. Father and daughter must race to expose the plot before The Shop can secret them away somewhere or worse. This is a decent book to film movie but I think it could have been done more true to the book as fans would have preferred. The sequel, if it can be called that, is SO bad, so very bad. It ignores the original story for the most part and builds on it any olde way they wanted to. Rainbird is amazingly back from the dead and apparently no ones flunky or gun for hire anymore. Charlie is all grown up and miserable. To top it off, once more she is in over hear head in a plot with Rainbird. Malcolm McDowell, though I love him, simply cannot recapture George C. Scotts performance in the first as Rainbird. NO COMPARISON. What became of Charlie when she went to the New York Times is beyond this story let alone what happened to Art Carney and Louise Fletcher's characters? We don't know and our storytellers didn't bother to try to tell us at all. I was left with the distinct impression the writers never read the book let alone watched the film. If you can find a version without the "sequel" that is the one I'd recommend you buy.
on April 8, 2013
I absolutely LOVE Drew Barrymore! It is so much fun seeing her so sweet and innocent with just ONE little problem...she starts fires with her mind!!She's even cute when she does THAT! She does a great job being believable, as do Martin Sheen and the always great George C. Scott. I enjoyed seeing Louise Fletcher and Art Carney as well! David Keith and Heather Locklear are believable as her parents. Firestarter 2 was new to me. I didn't expect much but did find it entertaining with a twist ending. I recommend these movies for a great double-feature on a friday night. Or ANY night! Good entertainment at a good price and it came FAST! Thanks, Amazon!
on May 18, 2017
One of my all time favorites
on August 4, 2013
Previously I would have given this movie 4 or 5 stars but not now. There is a hole in the story big enough to drive a truck through.

First Charlie's mother's death is said to have been caused by Charlie setting her on fire. But in a scene right after that, Charlie's mother's death was caused by agents of the SHOP.

It can't be both.

This greatly lessened my enjoyment of the movie.

I can't believe no one has caught this!
on April 1, 2016
I can not even count how many times I watched this movie as I child. I have always found it fascinating. The basic plot is that a little girl ( Drew Barrymore) is able to start fires with her mind. I don't like too say too much in order to avoid giving anything away. I am usually not much of a Sci Fi fan but I like this movie.
on September 20, 2017
Ow
on June 21, 2015
I always liked Stephen Kings stories but it's not a good idea to record on both sides of a disk.
Netflix and others practice this method but from personal experience, many were returned as bad on one side or the other; but the disk I received performs remarkably well.
on January 26, 2017
interesting movie - great product great price
on November 26, 2012
After reading and then listening to almost all Stephen King's books on cd, tape and now, Audible, I decided to watch the movies and compare. Sometimes they are good and sometimes okay (and even some are bad). I enjoy comparing them with what I read to see how they hold up on the screen.
Firestarter was good, holding to the story line as well as can be expected for time limitations and budgets and the special effects of the production time.