Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Big & Rich GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 33 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 60 reviews
on July 18, 2017
Excellent Book, From beginning to end. Excellent Thriller. Once you buy the book you will want to read all of the Nick Stone Novels. I also read book 4 Last Light. Another great Book.I'm starting book 5 LiberationDay . I have Read 4 Nick Stone Novels in less than two weeks. I also read ( BRAVO TWO ZERO) THE BOOK IS about his life in The war .I'm not really into reading Novels. I'm now reading more thanks to Andy Mcnab. His Nick Stone Novels are excellent. So far.
on December 30, 2016
The fun part of the Nick Stone series is that the hero is not some sort of super special forces guy. He's fallible, human and has serious issues. I love the Seal Team Six No More books by Doug Murray, because the heroes die every now and then. But you know things will work out in the end. With the Nick Stone books all you know is that Nick will survive because there's another book in the Nick Stone series. That's all you know, for the rest the book stays wide open.
Furthermore, it is cleat that McNab is only writing what he knows about. There's no tech mumbo jumbo that makes no sense to the technical inclined reader. McNab knows about being in 'a drama' and how to get out of it. This part is significant because the story is about hi-tec computer stuff, and at no point McNab is pretending to understand that stuff, instead he makes it very clear he doesn't through Nick Stone. But he also makes it clear that this is irrelevant. It's a motive for the baddies in the story, but the details are left out, because they don't matter.

I can recommend this book to all of you that like thrillers about special forces fellas that are not super heroes
on July 28, 2017
Another good Nick Stone novel. Where was Andy Mcnabb when I was reading Jack Reacher? Happened by chance to read my first Nick Stone novel, now I'm on my fifth one. Author provides intricate detail. This one takes place in Finland and Estonia. Nick Stone at times looks to be a real bumbler, but always comes out the Hero!
on January 20, 2017
I think I have read to many Andy McNab novels. The problem is that they have become rather formulaic. Nick's again moping around, wondering about his life and his decisions. He's short on money. Even though he's made stupid decisions in the past that have him moping around, he makes some more stupid decisions.

I grant you that McNab can write a complex story with lots of action, and questions as to whether anyone will survive or not always pop up as one turns the pages. But, this book strains the limits of credulity... yes, potentially events could have unfolded the way they did, and, I'm going to win the lotto tomorrow morning... just a bit too much.

Having said that, I'll probably read the next McNab novel to see if he has improved.
on December 16, 2016
I'm delighted I started with this...book 3...because I might have wandered thru books 1 and 2 thinking Nick Stone would get smarter and be a better story. Saved myself lots of painful hours!
No. 3 here is a great read for driving in the cold, being wet and cold, at least 3 near death experiences, dark frozen landscapes, hours long descriptions of all that, and just 15 minutes of meaningful dialogue. Oh, and how can I forget the last 3 pages that promise more of the same for book 4.
Happy to have only read # 3!
on December 26, 2016
Good story, but a bit too intense with forward looking military technology. A bit hard to keep all of the aircraft, weaponry and armament straight but the story reads well and having been a Marine fighter pilot myself I could stay up with it. McNab is a good writer and keeps you right in the middle of the action with a good overlay of the personnel involved. Fiction or not it is believable with a bit of crazy imagination relative to future military developments.
on August 28, 2017
great book lots o plot twists and turns plenty of action
on December 7, 2016
This book is 345 pages and should be 245 at the most. It is slow moving because of all the filler junk. This maybe the worse book I have ever read. Mr. McNab has a serious obsession with "snot" and other bodily fluids. In my opinion, Mr. McNab is a fair writer at best. My advice is DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON THIS PIECE OF TRASH.
on September 2, 2016
This guy writes a good action novel. I've now read three of them, and they keep improving in prose quality. I intend to read at least one more of this series, but I fear that , sooner rather than later, the "same old thing" will begin to reappear, as often happens in multi-book character series.. That being said, this book is a good read, and I recommend it.
on January 24, 2017
Stone is cut loose from the Firm as a regular operator and is on contract status. In dire need of money he seeks other work with the Russian mob. There is fast paced action, murder, betrayal, adversarial involvement with American operatives as well as twists and turns along with some surprises as he seeks to carry out his contract.