Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen
Customer Discussions > Music From Another Dimension! forum

First 1 star review.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 10, 2012, 12:46:26 AM PDT
B. Walsh says:
Anybody know who will be the first person to give the new Aerosmith album a 1 star review without listening to it?

Posted on Oct 16, 2012, 7:56:50 PM PDT
So far from what I have heard on The Making of Music From Another Dimension this is a great album! .Oh yeah rocks!, Lover a Lot Rocks!, Freedom Fighter Rocks!. Street Jesus and Love XXX are Classics!

Posted on Oct 16, 2012, 7:58:56 PM PDT
So far from what I have heard on The Making of Music From Another Dimension this is a great album! .Oh yeah rocks!, Lover a Lot Rocks!, Freedom Fighter Rocks!. Street Jesus and Love XXX are Classics!

Posted on Oct 18, 2012, 3:36:46 PM PDT
JMB987 says:
LOVE Aerosmith! Have been a fan since 1977. So it pains me to say that what i have heard so far is underwhelming.Definitely dosen't seem that it's gonna be worth the wait but i sure hope it gets better than the four tracks i've heard thus far.

Posted on Oct 20, 2012, 1:30:49 AM PDT
SteveMor says:
JMB987 you are wrong, the new Aerosmith album is pretty good! Never thought I'd be saying that! Their last two albums sucked. Songs like Luv XXX, Street Jesus, Oh Yea, and Legendary Child are the BEST work they have done since Get A Grip. There are too many ballads on the new CD (too generic) but overall there is actually good material on this forthcoming CD!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2012, 10:46:46 AM PDT
SteveMor I totally agree with you. Unfortunately ballads help a lot to sell records so the record company wants them. However, "Another Last Goodbye" is something different, it´s a masterpiece, and "Luv xxx", "Street Jesus", "Lover Alot", "Freedom fighter", "Something", "Legendary child" and "Out go the Lights" all of them Rock!!. This album is much better than Just Push Play and although there won´t be anymore a new "Toys" or "Rocks", this album is in some way an approach to them with a 2012 sound.

Posted on Oct 21, 2012, 1:22:39 AM PDT
SteveMor says:
Another Last Goodbye is different, it has a lot of instrumentation and different style. It's about the only ballad that doesn't have the formula Aerosmith generic ballad sound to it. They've just too done too many of these long before this album came out. I was not able to hear Out Go The Lights. I heard all but two songs yesterday on Grooveshark, and it would appear they have disabled the album the links no longer work. But it has given me some enthusiasm for the new CD! :)

Posted on Oct 26, 2012, 5:42:18 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 26, 2012, 5:42:52 AM PDT
MRT says:
7 ballads on an album is not a good thing. They told us us this was Aerosmith Toys/Rocks-not even close.The album was streaming for a while, so many bad reviews, it was taken down. With Toys being my favorite Smith album ,I had high hopes once they said Douglas was back producing and they were going for that old feel. This is that Tyler solo album he was working on with the Boys as the backing band.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012, 8:43:03 PM PDT
SteveMor says:
The weakness of the new CD is indeed too many ballads. But there are some great songs on this new CD. I haven't liked ANYTHING Aerosmith has done since Get a Grip!

Posted on Oct 31, 2012, 2:54:13 PM PDT
Self produced & mastered ...and it shows. Way too much compression. I guess they forgot to play it using various formats and systems. Bummer. The songs are pretty good and typical Aerosmith but listening to them is the challenge that doesn't quite allow you to enter the muse without a constant reminder of how lousy the mastering is.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012, 10:29:08 PM PDT
Coltrane says:
Does it really sound that bad? I hope not. Im an audiophile geek.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012, 7:20:52 PM PST
CraigPW1984 says:
Heard the new album. I really enjoy Lover Alot, Out Go The Lights, LUV XXX, Legendary Child, and Beautiful the most. My top 5 so far right there. I agree about the ballads. It's fine to have a couple of ballads on an album but not be overloaded with them. What Could Have Been Love is decent but it's definitely nowhere on the same level as What It Takes, Amazing, or Hole In My Soul that's for sure. I'll definitely pick this album up though. While Just Push Play had a few decent tunes, I will say that this is definitely their best since Nine Lives.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Oct 10, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about
Music From Another Dimension!
Music From Another Dimension! by Aerosmith (Audio CD - 2012)
3.8 out of 5 stars (356)