Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,048 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,199 reviews
on March 10, 2017
Looking at the pictures it allows you to browse before you buy, I was very pleased with this book. Pictures of goldfish, puppy, cat, mouse, rabbit, dog, elephant, owl, tiger, lion, zebra, goat, sheep, pig - perfect book to start teaching a one to two-year-old the names of animals, right? But water dragon, platypus, wombat, kookaburra, wallaby, emu, meerkat, gazelle? I would say we will save those until the child is 3 or 4, but when you're reading a book to a child, they want the names for every one. They don't like you to skip! So I was a little disappointed at some of the animal choices for a BEGINNING animal book. Most of the pictures are very clear, but some are so close up that a small child really does not know what the animal looks like - such as alligator, porcupine, ostrich, sea turtle and a few others for which they could have chosen a better picture. The picture of the bee has his head stuck in a weird looking flower so for a small child it's hard to actually figure out what the bee itself looks like. But still, the majority of the pictures are good and I would buy it again.
on January 31, 2017
My 16 month old loves this book; the small size is great for her little hands. My only negative comment is that some of the names of the animal are very technical. One example: "Terrapin" instead of being general and calling the animal a TURTLE. My baby can't read yet, so I just call it a turtle so this isn't a big deal right now.
review image
TOP 100 REVIEWERon March 30, 2017
This was a great purchase for my 18-month-old. I was initially hesitant to get a book without words for my daughter because I like being able to read her a story. I'm glad I didn't listen to myself. Each page is a different theme (Australian animals, baby animals, etc.) with approx 6-10 pics per page.

The pictures are clear with colorful backgrounds and are a wonderful jumping-off point to talk about the animals with young kids. My daughter now often asks for the "animal book" when just after waking up.
on February 24, 2017
This book was one of my kid's favorites when she was an infant and younger toddler. Since it uses photographs instead of drawings, I felt it helped her better conceptualize what things are. The book is small which is great for small hands to practice holding books and turning pages on their own. There a variety of pictures on each page but no so many that it becomes overwhelming. We went through the book describing what things are, their size and color. When she was a bit more responsive, we would ask her "Where is the zebra?" or "Can you find something black" This game delighted her. Eventually, as she progressed in her speech she would bring the book and tell us the names of the picture.

it's a simple book but will definitely be a valuable learning tool from infancy to early toddler days.
on November 23, 2015
I bought this for my 14 month old son for Christmas so he has not seen this yet but I already love it. It is full of nice bold pictures and I know my son will be attracted to that. The book is the smaller version but it is perfect for little hands. I can't wait for him to see it!
review image review image
on May 29, 2017
We love the actual photos of animals (instead of drawings) because it really helps our kid to be able to identify similar animals at the zoo, or in encyclopedias, etc. These "first 100" books are GREAT. Our toddler is really getting into pointing at a picture and looking to us to name the animal (or thing, action, etc in the other books) and when we ask "where's the tiger?" she can point to it. :) The animals in this book are grouped by environment and type, so if you are going to the zoo you can flip to the wild animals or african animals and practice before you go; or you can flip to the bugs page and get ready to find butterflies, bees and beetles outside, too.
on May 17, 2016
This series of books is hard cardboard and sturdy for little hands. The pictures are simple and representative. The colors are bright. Some of the text needs to be a different color for the background but it's easy enough to understand what it's saying from the picture. My grandson will actually sit long enough to go through one of these books and he's only 15 months.
on June 17, 2017
The book we received doesn't look exactly like the one pictured (with a blue cover) but, that doesn't detract from the fact that it's a good, sturdy book for children. Some of the animals repeat within the book so it's not truly 100 animals. Also, for some of the animals, the book shows a close up, cropped picture instead of a full body picture which we don't feel is so great. For example, the picture of a squirrel shows the head, arms and partial body but not the bushy tail that a squirrel is known for and that would help a child identify the animal in real life.
on January 13, 2017
My daughter loves these books, this one is her favorite. I purchased this book for my daughter when she was around 7 months old, she loved it then and loves in now at 1.5 years old. She loves pointing to the pictures and saying what they are. I often see her flipping through the pages with our dog. I would recommend this book for infants/toddlers.
on April 17, 2017
My one year old has loved this series. These books are small and quite sturdy. The cover is gently padded and the pages are thick and glossy. The photographs are clear, colorful, and attractive. The animals are divided into groups, such as farm animals, pets, Arctic animals, etc. This is a great book for building vocabulary, pointing out different animals, practicing animal sounds. I would recommend this for ages 6-18 months.