Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 5,869 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 6,856 reviews
on November 15, 2014
This book is perfect for the diaper bag! It's small, and my 13-month old can enjoy it whether or not anyone is available to read it to her. It has kept her entertained through many restaurant mealtimes and car rides. You'll be amazed how many words your child knows when you ask her to point to specific pictures throughout the book!
review image
22 comments| 391 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2016
Great board book! One of the best to teach babies words! Has most common words, cute pictures, grandson loves it! My kids had this as children too!
A great book to read words & show pictures to babies & is about the right length for attention span of about a 4-month-old!
Book was packed well & received quickly!
Bright colors are loved by babies too!
Companion books from same manufacturer of numbers & areas of interests make GREAT books for babies! Some of the best!
Pages are slick thick fiberboard with magazine-like glossy finish. The other books from the same publisher are made the same way. Not made for chewing on, but will hold up to some of it and can be wiped off. This book is usually a favorite, so will likely wind up chewed up the first time baby has it and you turn away for a second, but it's a favorite, along with the other common word books, and the words babies learn from it is invaluable!
Before you know it, babies will see a word or several elsewhere, like on a sign when you have them out & about, and they'll often start reading out of the blue! My kids did it & my grandkids have, and we have a little one now, thus a new copy of this book!
Reading EVERY DAY is SO important for babies, especially keeping it upbeat! Even reading biology & chemistry college books sing-song, as if it were say Cat in the Hat is GREAT for them! They learn SO much from books, pictures & showing them things and telling them about what you're doing!
Babies are SO much smarter & far more interested in reading than most of us give them credit! They need to learn their alphabet & to read BEFORE Kindergarten if they are going to be up there with other developed, and some developing countries!
Educate your children!
(A great one to add to this is the Cat in the Hat Beginner Dictionary. It has some silly parts, isn't really a "dictionary, but moreso a book that uses simple words in sentences, gives examples, yet helps VERY young readers get motivated to read... By very young, I mean babies about 4-5 months & up! As soon as they start looking & reaching, it's time to give them words & pictures to look at, and things to talk about!)
on September 23, 2015
I bought this book at a awesome price and this is my honest opinion and review :-) I paid full price for this.

I really wanted this book for my little girl since she is having a hard time learning but we have noticed she does good with photos. This book arrived and it was much smaller then I thought it would be but that's ok it still serves its purpose. The pages have bright vibrant photos of different things which helps a lot with helping her separate which is what. She of course knows the basics like cat, dog, rabbit, bear things like that but wanted to help her learn things she does not yet know by sight. This works good for learning to spell small words also and she is doing fairly well in that area so far so I am happy with this cute little baby book. Overall this is a sweet deal for a sweet book that your little one is going to enjoy. It is super thick board book style so it won't easily rip or get ruined so you can let them sit by themselves and read what they can.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 30, 2015
We had this book for my daughter who is now 4. She is bright and wonderfully verbal, and has been since she first learned to speak. She was that one year old who spoke in full sentences. Now she is a 4 year old who corrects mommy's grammar lol I attribute it to the efforts of her father and myself, and the tools we had to encourage her learning with.... one of those tools being this book. As early as maybe 2 months old we would go through the book. It's filled with bright boxes of all colors, with a picture of say, a green apple and it says "apple".. or whatever the word is.
It was great in helping her communicate too. Sometimes she couldn't think of the word, but she would point to the picture in the book.. it gave us a whole new way to understand her before her verbal skills were really there.
I'm not saying you're child, or mine will be a genius bc they had this book. I just think this book was such an easy way to help our little one to learn the basics.
And now my neice will have the same opportunity :)
TOP 50 REVIEWERon October 1, 2015
I ordered 3 "first words" books for my son. He's a little behind in his language, so I wanted to place more of an emphasis on simple word books. We read tons of Sandra Boynton and other short board books, but I figured that word identification books might help more.

This is my favorite word book. It's all around perfect for what I need a word book for. It's a wonderful size I can take in my purse easily. I take it anywhere we are going where I know we're going to have some down time, like basketball tryouts for my older daughter. My son is 19 months old and he can easily sit with this on his lap and carry it around. Each page has a theme, such as: vehicles, bath time, bed time, foods, outdoors, ect. On each page there are 7-9 objects. The pictures have a bright background and the pictures are nice and simple. It's setup very well in my opinion. We have another one that's A-Z objects, but I like this grouping scheme better for younger kids. The A-Z will be better closer to preschool.

I am thrilled with how much this is helping my son. He is a very active little guy, but he will sit with this book and go through it front to back. Then go back through and find his favorite pages (animals, vehicles, bedtime). We have fun little things we do. When he points to the toddler eating I pretend to feed him. When he points to the baby laying down, I put my hand out and he lays on it. He thinks it's hilarious when he points to the frog and I say "frog... ribbit". It's fun that we have our own little tweeks we've done with the book. I'm so happy with this book and especially the price of it. I will definitely be buying this for baby shower gifts!
review image review image
on September 24, 2015
I bought this book for my son who has delayed speech due to autism.

My son loves books! His favorite books are so loved in fact that they are held together with tape. This book is very sturdy with a slightly cushioned cover. I this book will stand the test of time (knock on wood). The pictures are clear and generic, which makes it easier for him to associate the words with other pictures. The bright colors behind the images keep his attention, and we are able to practice longer.

All of the images and words are relevant to everyday life, and it helps to practice the words your little one learns from this book when out and about. I noticed a difference in my son's vocabulary since introducing this book, and I hope your child will respond in the same way. Buy this book, it's worth a try!
review image
on February 4, 2016
I didn't realize this book is tiny. Also the photos are tiny so my children
do not get into the book they walk away. With tiny photos it's hard to grab
a toddler's attention.
on February 24, 2017
This book was one of my kid's favorites when she was an infant and younger toddler. Since it uses photographs instead of drawings, I felt it helped her better conceptualize what things are. The book is small which is great for small hands to practice holding books and turning pages on their own. There a variety of pictures on each page but no so many that it becomes overwhelming. We went through the book describing what things are, their size and color. When she was a bit more responsive, we would ask her "Where is the car?" or "Can you find something green?" This game delighted her. Eventually, as she progressed in her speech she would bring the book and tell us the names of the picture.

it's a simple book but will definitely be a valuable learning tool from infancy to early toddler days.
on March 6, 2017
Not impressed. It's very repetitive. Like on the animal page there is "cat" and "kitten", "pig" and "piglet". This is confusing for a kid learning his first words.
on January 2, 2017
I ordered all three of these wonderful "First 100 Numbers, Shapes and Colors" , "First 100 Animals" and "First 100 Words" books for my one year old grandson. I wasn't aware of their size when I ordered them but as he opened the gift we were so happy to see that his little hands could easily hold the books and turn the pages. The pages are thick and the surface is glossy so they are easy to turn and impossible to tear or rip. These are wonderful books for a baby/toddler to peruse by himself or have a caregiver or parent enjoy looking at each picture or word with him. As a teacher, I know the importance of sounding out each word and name of each picture to help the child pronounce words correctly and learn about objects and things he may or may not ever see on a daily basis. I love these books, especially the small size and how much information is packed into each one!! Great products!!