Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 5,917 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 6,924 reviews
on November 15, 2014
This book is perfect for the diaper bag! It's small, and my 13-month old can enjoy it whether or not anyone is available to read it to her. It has kept her entertained through many restaurant mealtimes and car rides. You'll be amazed how many words your child knows when you ask her to point to specific pictures throughout the book!
review image
22 comments| 400 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 24, 2016
My second time buying these. My kids destroyed the first ones. Sorry! :-( but I loved them so much that I bought it again plus 2 more. I just remember to keep them out of reach when we are not looking at them. However, they are very good quality books, my 2 boys just so happen to find a way to destroy everything. It's so easy for them to learn and memorize all the pictures. Even my 14mo old knows some. Great books!
on March 13, 2017
my little guy loves this. he loves just looking at all of the pictures. we point to each a tell him the words. I think hes learning new words. he doesn't say much unless he wants to and is hard to even bribe him to say words. but still its fun to look at the book with him
on April 17, 2016
This book is just the cutest thing. I bought this for my 4 month old for Easter and has become part of our bedtime routine. Other than my 4 month old I have a 6, 5, and 2 year old. My 2 year old enjoys pointing out the different pictures. We read this to him to help with his speech and I see a big change in his vocabulary. All the pictures in this book are very baby/ toddler friendly. My older two children enjoy "reading" this book to the two little ones. The book is really an endless source for the kids. Not only am I able to use this to teach my kids what each picture is my 2 year old is starting to be able to point out the words as well. The book is very colorful so I am able to use it to teach him colors and there are shapes as well. Overall I recommend this book to anyone looking to enrich their little ones mind. Also such a great gift for new parents.
In our family it is tradition to give a book with the Christmas jammies on Christmas Eve, so I bought this book for my granddaughter's first Christmas because it was so affordable for a board book. The size is just right for the little ones to hold. The pages are colorful and can hold her attention for a moment or two, which says a lot because she doesn't sit still. The words are mostly simple, everyday words that kids would hear or objects they would be familiar with and can identify. My granddaughter would get excited and point out words like "ball" when she was first learning to talk. This book has held up through the first child and is now being used for my grandson as he is learning his first words. This is a book I would even give in the future as part of a baby shower gift.
on February 11, 2016
My baby loves this book! It's one of my baby's favorites and she's always bringing it to me. It's a great board book with a slick shiny feel appearance. The animal page is her favorite. She'll point to the right animal when I ask "where is the kitty cat?"

My one criticism is the page that features babies in different activities such as "crawl" and "cry". She stares at that page in confusion. Some of the differences are subtle. Example: "sit" and "play" and "read" are all very similar. They're all sitting after all. And we're suddenly switching from nouns to verbs.
on April 13, 2015
I bought this for my daughter's first birthday, and she gravitated to it immediately. Now she's going on 18 months, and it's still one of the first things she picks up during our nightly reading time. At first, she would just point to the pictures and I would say them aloud; now I ask her questions and she'll point to the correct object, or she'll name them herself.

It's been interesting to see how she uses the book differently the older she gets. First 100 Words is divided into different categories, ranging from pets, farm animals, foods, vehicles, bedtime, bathtime, outside, and more. At first she'd zero in on the food and the animals; now she's started to explore the vehicles and those with babies who help illustrate the activity pictures like "eat," "sleep," "cry," etc.

Overall, I've been surprised at how much of a hit this has been, even though I think some of the pictures could use some updating. The toy telephone looks nothing like modern phones--either cell or house phones--and I still refuse to identify the "rattle" picture as "rattle" because it looks nothing like anything currently on the market. Still, I'll probably pick up a few more copies as first-birthday gifts for friends when the time comes.
on January 2, 2015
Bought this book for my 1 year old as she began to show an interest in looking at books herself. It is her favorite! Not only is the outside cover soft, but the pages inside are study boards. The book itself is small, perfect size for a toddler with small hands. She can carry it around and turn each page on her own. Every two pages has a theme, such as "Outside" or "Bath" or "Toys", every word has its own colorful square and photo. This is a great tool for a young toddler who is beginning to learn how to say the names of everyday objects or activities. My daughter and I will sit down and I will point to each object and say the word, she will try and repeat the sound. Sometimes I will say "show me where the cat is" or "can you point to the airplane" and she loves finding the objects on the page! I loved this book so much we bought the "first 100 animals" also. Worth every penny and more!
review image
0Comment| 144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 30, 2017
Smaller than advertised.
on October 12, 2016
I really like this cute little board book! The cushioned cover and binding make it safe for even the littlest of little ones. The colors are engaging and the pictures are spot-on. However I am deducting one star for how so many images are crammed into a page- it's a bit distracting and overwhelming.