Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 5,731 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 6,685 reviews
on November 15, 2014
This book is perfect for the diaper bag! It's small, and my 13-month old can enjoy it whether or not anyone is available to read it to her. It has kept her entertained through many restaurant mealtimes and car rides. You'll be amazed how many words your child knows when you ask her to point to specific pictures throughout the book!
review image
22 comments| 378 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 30, 2015
We had this book for my daughter who is now 4. She is bright and wonderfully verbal, and has been since she first learned to speak. She was that one year old who spoke in full sentences. Now she is a 4 year old who corrects mommy's grammar lol I attribute it to the efforts of her father and myself, and the tools we had to encourage her learning with.... one of those tools being this book. As early as maybe 2 months old we would go through the book. It's filled with bright boxes of all colors, with a picture of say, a green apple and it says "apple".. or whatever the word is.
It was great in helping her communicate too. Sometimes she couldn't think of the word, but she would point to the picture in the book.. it gave us a whole new way to understand her before her verbal skills were really there.
I'm not saying you're child, or mine will be a genius bc they had this book. I just think this book was such an easy way to help our little one to learn the basics.
And now my neice will have the same opportunity :)
TOP 50 REVIEWERon October 1, 2015
I ordered 3 "first words" books for my son. He's a little behind in his language, so I wanted to place more of an emphasis on simple word books. We read tons of Sandra Boynton and other short board books, but I figured that word identification books might help more.

This is my favorite word book. It's all around perfect for what I need a word book for. It's a wonderful size I can take in my purse easily. I take it anywhere we are going where I know we're going to have some down time, like basketball tryouts for my older daughter. My son is 19 months old and he can easily sit with this on his lap and carry it around. Each page has a theme, such as: vehicles, bath time, bed time, foods, outdoors, ect. On each page there are 7-9 objects. The pictures have a bright background and the pictures are nice and simple. It's setup very well in my opinion. We have another one that's A-Z objects, but I like this grouping scheme better for younger kids. The A-Z will be better closer to preschool.

I am thrilled with how much this is helping my son. He is a very active little guy, but he will sit with this book and go through it front to back. Then go back through and find his favorite pages (animals, vehicles, bedtime). We have fun little things we do. When he points to the toddler eating I pretend to feed him. When he points to the baby laying down, I put my hand out and he lays on it. He thinks it's hilarious when he points to the frog and I say "frog... ribbit". It's fun that we have our own little tweeks we've done with the book. I'm so happy with this book and especially the price of it. I will definitely be buying this for baby shower gifts!
review image review image
on March 13, 2016
Great board book! One of the best to teach babies words! Has most common words, cute pictures, grandson loves it! My kids had this as children too!
A great book to read words & show pictures to babies & is about the right length for attention span of about a 4-month-old!
Book was packed well & received quickly!
Bright colors are loved by babies too!
Companion books from same manufacturer of numbers & areas of interests make GREAT books for babies! Some of the best!
Pages are slick thick fiberboard with magazine-like glossy finish. The other books from the same publisher are made the same way. Not made for chewing on, but will hold up to some of it and can be wiped off. This book is usually a favorite, so will likely wind up chewed up the first time baby has it and you turn away for a second, but it's a favorite, along with the other common word books, and the words babies learn from it is invaluable!
Before you know it, babies will see a word or several elsewhere, like on a sign when you have them out & about, and they'll often start reading out of the blue! My kids did it & my grandkids have, and we have a little one now, thus a new copy of this book!
Reading EVERY DAY is SO important for babies, especially keeping it upbeat! Even reading biology & chemistry college books sing-song, as if it were say Cat in the Hat is GREAT for them! They learn SO much from books, pictures & showing them things and telling them about what you're doing!
Babies are SO much smarter & far more interested in reading than most of us give them credit! They need to learn their alphabet & to read BEFORE Kindergarten if they are going to be up there with other developed, and some developing countries!
Educate your children!
(A great one to add to this is the Cat in the Hat Beginner Dictionary. It has some silly parts, isn't really a "dictionary, but moreso a book that uses simple words in sentences, gives examples, yet helps VERY young readers get motivated to read... By very young, I mean babies about 4-5 months & up! As soon as they start looking & reaching, it's time to give them words & pictures to look at, and things to talk about!)
on April 5, 2016
(Prime Member)

I purchased two of these sticker books for my two year old twins. I've tried several sticker books, but this is by far the best I've ever seen for toddlers. Beautiful, clear, REAL pictures of objects (rather than drawings) makes this stand out from the rest. Most of the stickers are large and the pages have large outlines of the items for kids to place the corresponding sticker on. The ONLY downside to this book is that the sticker pages don't have perforated lines to easily tear out so it's not only impossible for kids to tear the sticker pages out, but it's pretty challenging for adults to do it without ripping some of the stickers (in a frenzy when you are in a restaurant desperately trying to appease two anxious toddlers). That being said, a positive thing about the sticker pages is that they put the page numbers where you can find the outlines to go with each particular group of pictures. This way you can have your kids decide which pages they'd like to work on and flip to the appropriate sticker sheets to quickly find the stickers needed for that page. Love these books, wish they had a variety of them just like this! But for now I'll just be ordering these again once my kids have finished!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 28, 2016
This is an excellent book for teaching very young children their first words. I gave it to my 1 year old grandson, only to find out that he already had 4 copies. Apparently this book is one of the most popular ones around, which says a lot about its usefulness. It's made of durable, thick pages, and has loads of colorful pictures to go along with the words.

Books like this are extremely useful, in that they're fun for children to use. I'm not surprised that my grandson actually uses all 4 copies of the book, leaving one in his stroller, another with us, plus 2 at home.

This is just one of the books in a series, and like all of the others, its a fantastic one to own.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 8, 2016
This book has fun topics inside that all small babies and children will relate to and enjoy: colors, shapes, numbers, animals, bedtime and bath time etc The colors and pictures are bright and quick to grab their attention. The book is sturdy and well made for it being a board book and small enough to take with you anywhere. Our son loves this book whether being read to or just flipping through it's pages on his own. All the words are common one's that children, especially toddlers will understand. We have had this book for a short time, maybe a week but are loving it so far and would easily recommend this to anyone looking for a great book to help their child expand their vocabulary!
on August 23, 2016
Bought this book for my 3 months old as she began to show an interest in looking at new things. the outside cover is soft as well as pages inside are study boards so they wont get damaged easily. The book itself is small and of perfect size. Its very bright and colorful with photographs all over. This is a great book for any young learner who is beginning to learn how to say the names and words of every day to day things. Worth of money. I wish if the content in the book is slightly more but anyhow its lovely to have for your kid !
on April 15, 2016
I was expecting the book to be bigger than it is but surprisingly love the size even more. It will fit better in my granddaughter’s hands. The quality is unbelievable for the price that I paid for it. The illustrations inside are bigger than expected which is a great thing because it will catch my granddaughter’s eyes easier. The pictures and text are big and bold for the size of the book. This is a perfect book for any toddler to learn from. The shipping was prompt and the packaging was sized perfectly for the book. I am happy with this purchase.
review image
on February 14, 2016
My son got the first version when he was a bit young -around 1-2 years old, and he tore off almost every flap - but still loved reading and counting as he approached 3, so I got him another (what I thought was the same book) for his birthday. I was so pleasantly surprised by the improvements! The new version has a radically different flap design that is far superior to the last one we bought a couple of years ago; Each page with flaps actually has two pieces of paper board laid on top of each other and the top one is cut out where the openings are but the "hinges are left completely attached to the upper sheet. This makes for much stronger flaps and many more hours of exploring before they rip. Even now after he is a solid 3-year-old he goes back to his "Big Book" as a night time reading choice on a regular basis and continues to find new things in it. Superb buy.