- Series: First Aid for the USMLE Step 1
- Paperback: 800 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education / Medical; 27 edition (January 2, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 125992159X
- ISBN-13: 978-1259837630
- ASIN: 1259837637
- Product Dimensions: 8.4 x 1.4 x 10.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.5 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 212 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #17,870 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 2017 27th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Author
What's New in First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 2017
- 30+ entirely new facts and better organization of related facts throughout the book, such as the neurodegenerative disorders (p. 490), cellular changes (p. 214), and gallstones and related pathologies (p. 379)
- Continued expansion of quality improvement principles, safety science, and healthcare delivery to align more closely with the USMLE Content Outline and student feedback.
- Complete reorganization of the Neurology chapter to better distinguish normal physiology from neuropathology and to emphasize the special senses.
- Improved Rapid Review section now fully cross-referenced to the text, to quickly find these high-yield concepts in context.
- Almost 5,000 specific textual updates culled from more than 50,000 comments and suggestions by experienced medical students and board review experts.
- Over 50 new full-color photos to help visualize various disorders, descriptive findings, and basic science concepts.
- Many imaging photos have been relabeled and optimized to show both normal anatomy and pathologic findings.
- Over 75 new or revised line diagrams that integrate pathophysiology, therapeutics, and diseases into memorable frameworks for annotation and personalization; examples include pages 96 (MHC I and II), 534 (psychiatric diagnoses by symptom duration), and 595 (estrogen).
- Thick, embossed cover and heavy-duty binding for increased durability and longevity.
We are sharing some example redlined pages on our blog:
so you can better appreciate the nature and extent of revisions throughout the text. Some edits involve only a few words, but hinge on a subtle yet frequently tested point that students felt was not adequately explained in the 2016 edition.
We hope you enjoy using the 2017 edition as much as we enjoyed putting it together. Verified errata (when yet available) can be found exclusively on our blog FirstAidTeam.com. First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 is a perpetual "work in progress," and we invite you to share your thoughts and ideas on our blog to help us continually improve the book for future learners.
Best wishes for your studies in the new year,
About the Author
Tao Le, MD, MHS (Louisville, KY) is an Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics in the Division of Allergy and Immunology at the University of Louisville.
Vikas Bhushan, MD (Los Angeles, CA) is a diagnostic radiologist.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Also, there's enough added / updated material in comparison w/ the 2016 version. Differences I've noticed after looking at Endo are 2 figures were updated (one adding where drugs work, the other making it easier to read), and there was more info added about drugs in the Endo pharm section. The GI section has similar updates to diagrams (blood supply to GI structures easier to read, picture added for Hirschsprung disease, different images used for path of disease ect.). The FA diagrams are one of the most helpful things in the book for me, so I was happy to see that many of them were updated / made better.
Opinion: It's worth buying even if you have the 2016 version
Would also like to add that I'm so pleased by amazon's delivery service, since I ordered this all the way from Romania and it arrived pretty quickly.
What I like about this book is that it breaks complicated pathophysiology and physiology down into easy understandable steps and has lots of mnemonics to remember very specific disease processes.
It has everything from biochemistry to every body system with great patho break down in each..
I don't know anyone who has passed boards without it. Highly recommended. Dr B Harris