- Series: First Aid for the Usmle Step 1
- Paperback: 800 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education / Medical; 27 edition (January 2, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 125992159X
- ISBN-13: 978-1259837630
- ASIN: 1259837637
- Product Dimensions: 8.4 x 1.4 x 10.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (85 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #453 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 2017 27th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Featured medical resources to help drive patient outcomes. Sponsored by McGraw-Hill.Learn more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Publisher
From the Author
What's New in First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 2017
- 30+ entirely new facts and better organization of related facts throughout the book, such as the neurodegenerative disorders (p. 490), cellular changes (p. 214), and gallstones and related pathologies (p. 379)
- Continued expansion of quality improvement principles, safety science, and healthcare delivery to align more closely with the USMLE Content Outline and student feedback.
- Complete reorganization of the Neurology chapter to better distinguish normal physiology from neuropathology and to emphasize the special senses.
- Improved Rapid Review section now fully cross-referenced to the text, to quickly find these high-yield concepts in context.
- Almost 5,000 specific textual updates culled from more than 50,000 comments and suggestions by experienced medical students and board review experts.
- Over 50 new full-color photos to help visualize various disorders, descriptive findings, and basic science concepts.
- Many imaging photos have been relabeled and optimized to show both normal anatomy and pathologic findings.
- Over 75 new or revised line diagrams that integrate pathophysiology, therapeutics, and diseases into memorable frameworks for annotation and personalization; examples include pages 96 (MHC I and II), 534 (psychiatric diagnoses by symptom duration), and 595 (estrogen).
- Thick, embossed cover and heavy-duty binding for increased durability and longevity.
We are sharing some example redlined pages on our blog:
so you can better appreciate the nature and extent of revisions throughout the text. Some edits involve only a few words, but hinge on a subtle yet frequently tested point that students felt was not adequately explained in the 2016 edition.
We hope you enjoy using the 2017 edition as much as we enjoyed putting it together. Verified errata (when yet available) can be found exclusively on our blog FirstAidTeam.com. First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 is a perpetual "work in progress," and we invite you to share your thoughts and ideas on our blog to help us continually improve the book for future learners.
Best wishes for your studies in the new year,
About the Author
Tao Le, MD, MHS (Louisville, KY) is an Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics in the Division of Allergy and Immunology at the University of Louisville.
Vikas Bhushan, MD (Los Angeles, CA) is a diagnostic radiologist.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
Also, there's enough added / updated material in comparison w/ the 2016 version. Differences I've noticed after looking at Endo are 2 figures were updated (one adding where drugs work, the other making it easier to read), and there was more info added about drugs in the Endo pharm section. The GI section has similar updates to diagrams (blood supply to GI structures easier to read, picture added for Hirschsprung disease, different images used for path of disease ect.). The FA diagrams are one of the most helpful things in the book for me, so I was happy to see that many of them were updated / made better.
Opinion: It's worth buying even if you have the 2016 version
Biggest changes are the neuro chapter and the behavioral science chapter.
There are countless additions of mneumonics in the micro chapter, also the GI chapter (that is what Im studying now so thats what ive come across), the immuno HST reactions section also changed and was edited.
I would HIGHLY recommend switching to the 2017 version.
Colors are a little light (not bold) but I got used to it.
Thank you to the FA 2017 Team and Amazon for rapidly fixing the issue!!!!!
The FA 2017 is now formatted appropriately in Kindle!
I have the FA 2016 Version on Kindle and it was formatted exactly as the hard copy book and you could even search for words within diagrams.
The Kindle version for FA 2017 is a complete mess as of 6-Jan-2017. Diagrams are blurry and words within diagrams can't be searched for (unlike the 2016 Kindle version).
Attached is a screenshot of the Kindle Version of FA 2017; you can see how some parts are formatted like in the book (as images, however) while other parts are not formatted.
Is the paper thin and low quality, especially compared to the old editions - YES!
Is the book 100% necessary - YES!
So.. there you go. It is worth the money.
There are also few add-ons, new figures and pictures.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have 2015 ver. too
Quite similar but contains update
First of all, service of Amazon is great