Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 19 reviews
on September 18, 2016
I really like this book! I am currently taking nurse practitioner clinicals right now as I am set to graduate in 8 weeks, and the physician that I am doing my current rotation with recommended this book. I am doing family practice rotation and he is a family practice physician, he told me this book is just about all he used when studying for his boards, and I decided that any book good enough for a doctor to use, must be good enough for me. He had the second edition of this, and I was glad I was able to find a slightly newer edition for such an affordable price!
Even though the information does change over the years as practice guidelines and recommendations are constantly changed and updated to reflect the current evidence and research, much of the information does stay the same, and I am using this to supplement all the other books and materials that I have right now to study for my boards. I am set to take boards early next year and this seems like a great resource to help me feel more prepared than I am right now, so I am just so glad I was able to find this and the price was right. Totally would recommend even if you aren't a med student, this is a great study aide to use nonetheless!
If you found my review at all helpful, i'd appreciate if you'd tap the "yes" button below, thanks so much!
on December 2, 2012
So you've made it through your first two years of medical school, studied for and taken your boards.... and then it hits you- the realization that you're about to see real patients with real problems. Compounding this is that perhaps your first rotation is inpatient IM- arguably one of the most intense rotations you'll experience. This book is filled with information that will reduce your stress and anxiety going into all of your rotations- it has examples of quality SOAP/Progress notes for each rotation type, tips on what to bring with you, how you fit into the hierarchy and also what will be expected of you; I can't emphasize this last point enough- some preceptors will tell you 80% of their expectations just to see if you give the full 100% on your own- having a cheat sheet about what comprises that 100% mark takes the guesswork out of reading your preceptor's mind. There is also information in this book about conditions you're likely to see while on service, but that information isn't the reason to buy this book- get it for the tips and examples.
on February 3, 2016
Awesome for the wards. Exactly on point to what you will see in the clinical setting and what you will be pimped on.
on December 6, 2010
Of all the books to own right at the absolute beginning of your clinical rotations, this is the one. The first couple of chapters are an excellent orientation as to what will be expected of you at the hospital and then each subsequent section serves as a brief, yet extremely valuable introduction and review for each core rotation. Highly recommended. - Gabriel Labbad
on September 8, 2009
best thing about it is the review of what other books to buy in the back of it. Good to read before a clerkship starts. Certaintly not even close to complete, but I felt more confident going into clerkships and the familiar format as first aid step 1.
on February 3, 2013
I have only studied the OB/GYN section (the rotation I have been in) but so far so good, it follows First Aid CK, with some more info regarding what's required of you as a rotating student.
on June 29, 2011
Great book to review key info to know before each core rotation, but will not suffice as the only text book. I think the most useful section was the section that recommended which pocket and core text books to purchase for each rotation.
on October 4, 2012
Not very detailed.
But good for priming before going into each rotation.
I was pretty lost when I started, so it was helpful
on October 29, 2007
I didnt find this book very useful. You'll end up needing to buy the individual books for each rotation, so i'd save the cash and buy those instead. This book really dosent contain much that those dont. I went out and bought it at the start of rotations, looked at it briefly, and shelfed it. There just isnt time to use multiple sources to study. I'd recomend a specific book like Step up or Blueprints for each rotation along with a question book like MKSAP.
on January 30, 2010
When you are on the wards the SOAP notes and Progress Notes have many abbreviations. This book was helpful in teaching some common abbreviations used on the floor. The book also gave some general information and tips that were very helpful. I recommend the book.