|Item Weight||4.5 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||3.3 x 3.3 x 14.3 inches|
|Item model number||1038789|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Style||Home Use, 1.25 gal|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Included Components||Fire Extinguisher, Mounting Bracket, User's Manual|
|Warranty Description||10-year limited|
First Alert 1038789 Standard Home Fire Extinguisher, Red
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- First alert's home1 fire extinguisher is UL rated 1 A: 10 B:C; it features durable all metal construction with a commercial grade metal valve and trigger
- Multipurpose fire extinguisher fights wood, paper, trash, plastics, gasoline, oil, and electrical equipment fires
- Use monoammonium phosphate extinguishing agent; Rechargeable by certified professionals after use
- Metal pull pin with a safety seal to help prevent accidental discharge and tampering; Corrosion resistant, easy to read, color coded metal gauge; Waterproof label with easy instructions
- U.S. coast guard approved for marine use
- First Alert has been the most trusted brand in home safety since launching the first residential smoke alarm in 1958 (Based on a First Alert brand trust survey in February 2018)
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Items from popular brands
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Place at least 10 feet from kitchen/stove, and on the ceiling or high on a wall, no more than 10 inches from top.
Carbon Monoxide Alarms
Carbon monoxide alarms can be placed anywhere, not just the ceiling or high on a wall. They should be replaced every 5 to 7 years.
Keep in the kitchen and garage, but make sure to have the right grade for the type of fire that might occur.
Have at least one if your home has more than one story. Each room needs 2 escape routes; in most bedrooms it's the window, so have a ladder nearby.
Compare with similar items
To minimize damage or injury in the event of a fire, the first step is having the right fire extinguisher on hand. The HOME1 Fire Extinguisher is ideal for use in any household location and is UL rated 1 A: 10 B:C for fighting wood, paper, trash, plastics, gasoline, oil, and electrical equipment fires. The commercial grade metal valve and trigger ensure it's ready to use in an emergency. Once used, it can be recharged by a certified professional. It also includes a mounting bracket to keep the unit secure and within reach and is U.S. Coast Guard–approved for marine use when used with the bracket.
From the Manufacturer
Multipurpose fire extinguisher features U. L. 1-A 10-B:C rated for wood, paper, trash and plastics fires. Also fights gasoline and oil fires as well as electrical equipment fires. Pressure gauge ensures the extinguisher is ready to use in an emergency with SureGrip Trigger. Meets U.S. Coast Guard standards for marine use.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Update @ 7/15/18
It expired within 2 months! The needle moved to the "Recharge" red zone now. Do you think if I should buy anything with an expiration date from Amazon in the future?
Fire was contained in the utility room, but smoke, soot and ashes affected the whole house. Contractors will hopefully have everything done in a week or so.