|Item Weight||3.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||8.5 x 6.8 x 2.8 inches|
|Item model number||CO600|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Included Components||First Alert Co600 Carbon Monoxide Plug-in Alarm (no Backup Or Display)|
|Warranty Description||FIVE YEAR LIMITED|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.34 shipping
First Alert CO600 Plug In Carbon Monoxide Alarm , 120V Ac
|Price:||$20.65 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$14.34 (41%)|
Want this professionally installed?
- Service provided by a local pro
- Safety inspection of new detector
- Mounting/wiring 1 detector in current location
- Completing unit test cycle
- Demonstrating proper usage and maintenance
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 120v Ac Plug-in Alarm
- Test/silence Button
- End-of-life Timer
- 7-year Limited Warranty
- 120-volt AC plug-in carbon monoxide alarm
- Uses electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor--the most accurate technology available
- Simple to use silence/test button
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The First Alert CO600 carbon monoxide alarm uses an electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor-the most accurate technology available. Installation is as simple as plugging it in to any wall outlet. The test/silence button both silences a non-threatening alarm and allows you to test the unit's functionality. The unit monitors and re-alarms if carbon monoxide levels persist sounding a loud 85-decibel horn. UL listed.--Bree Norlander
What's in the Box
One carbon monoxide alarm and user's manual
From the Manufacturer
First Alert CO600 Plug In Carbon Monoxide Alarm
Easily accessible with any standard outlet and featuring no additional mounting, simply plug & protect
This alarm comes equipped with a mute button that serves the dual purpose of quickly silencing your alarm as well as testing its function
This alarm utilizes an Electrochemical Sensor that allows for optimal efficiency in detecting carbon monoxide
85db sound output further establishes the ultimate in peace of mind. End of Life Timer also lets you know it's time to replace
Top Customer Reviews
The product is simple and easy to install - just plug it in.
DO NOT LOCATE THIS CO ALARM:
* In garages, kitchens, furnace rooms, or in any extremely dusty,
dirty or greasy areas.
* Closer than 15 feet (4.6 meters) from a furnace or other fuel
burning heat source, or fuel burning appliances like a water heater.
* Within 5 feet (1.5 meters) of any cooking appliance.
* In extremely humid areas. This Alarm should be at least 10 feet (3
meters) from a bath or shower, sauna, humidifier, vaporizer, dishwasher,
laundry room, utility room or other source of high humidity.
* In areas where temperature is colder than 40° F (4° C) or hotter
than 100° F (38° C). These areas include non-airconditioned crawl
spaces, unfinished attics, uninsulated or poorly insulated ceilings,
porches, and garages.
* In turbulent air, like near ceiling fans, heat vents, air conditioners,
fresh air returns, or open windows. Blowing air may prevent CO
from reaching the sensors.
* In direct sunlight.
* In outlets covered by curtains or other obstruction.
This new alarm has a helpful notice right on it which explains what the beeps mean:
1) When everything is working fine and there is no problem it is silent
2) When it detect CO levels it emits 4 beeps pause 4 beeps pause (red light flashes rapidly)
3) When the unit malfunction malfunctions it gives 3 chirps every minute (red light flashes 3 time a minute)
4) When it reaches the end of line if chirps 5 times every minute (red light flashes 5 times a minute)
This unit is light and fairy small (smaller than the unit it replaced) and it is a plug-in only unit (no battery back up). Photo of the alarm next to the ruler attached.
The important notice for installation that CO alarms (unlike smoke alarms) should be installed low in the room. If the detector is placed in a long hallway (more than 40 feet or 12 meters) each end of the hall way should have a detector. They should not be placed near a fan as blowing air could interfere with detection of CO. Putting the detector in direct sun light will shorten its life. Humidity and dusty area also interferes with detection so the alarm should not placed in the bathroom, garages, unfinished attics.
Maintenance: The instructions recommend vacuuming the unit cover once a month using a soft brush attachment. Do NOT perform wet cleaning. It also recommends frequent tests test/silence button. The test emits 4 beeps, pause, 4 beeps, pause sequence for 5-6 seconds. The test is recommended to be performed once a week.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I was informed by my mortgage refinance team that due to a new law, houses must now have CO monitors, not just smoke alarms. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Amazon Customer
Plugged this in down by our gas furnace and hot water tank in addition to our fire/CO alarms on the upper two floors.
A MUST HAVE if not just for added piece of mind. Read more
This a replacement. The previous detector worked for 9 years. Fortunately, alarm never sounded (except in test mode)Published 1 month ago by Mixman
This is my 12th unit I've bought over the last few years, because they are reliable, solid, and quick/easy plug-in set up. Read morePublished 1 month ago by C.O.