Top positive review
318 people found this helpful
Manual for First Alert CO600
on April 20, 2008
The manual is at [...]
The product is simple and easy to install - just plug it in.
DO NOT LOCATE THIS CO ALARM:
* In garages, kitchens, furnace rooms, or in any extremely dusty,
dirty or greasy areas.
* Closer than 15 feet (4.6 meters) from a furnace or other fuel
burning heat source, or fuel burning appliances like a water heater.
* Within 5 feet (1.5 meters) of any cooking appliance.
* In extremely humid areas. This Alarm should be at least 10 feet (3
meters) from a bath or shower, sauna, humidifier, vaporizer, dishwasher,
laundry room, utility room or other source of high humidity.
* In areas where temperature is colder than 40° F (4° C) or hotter
than 100° F (38° C). These areas include non-airconditioned crawl
spaces, unfinished attics, uninsulated or poorly insulated ceilings,
porches, and garages.
* In turbulent air, like near ceiling fans, heat vents, air conditioners,
fresh air returns, or open windows. Blowing air may prevent CO
from reaching the sensors.
* In direct sunlight.
* In outlets covered by curtains or other obstruction.