|Item Weight||5.6 ounces|
|Package Dimensions||6.7 x 4 x 3 inches|
|Item model number||PIR720RN|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
4 Year Asurion Home Improvement Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and coverage begins at the end of the manufacturer's labor warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
First Alert PIR720RN Motion Sensing Light Socket
Order it now.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Motion sensing light socket
- Automatically turns light on when you enter a room and off when you leave
- Senses movement in all directions
- Ideal for laundry rooms, basements, walk-in closets, and garages
- For use with 25 to100-watt bulbs- Item does not work with CFL bulb
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Automatically turns lights ON when you enter a room and OFF after you leave. Ideal for laundry rooms, garages, basements, attics, walk-in closets and stairways. No wiring required -- screws into standard, uncovered light socket. Turns lights off within minutes of leaving the room. Senses motion within 360°. This item will take 2-3 weeks to ship. Shipments cannot be expedited on this item. .
The First Alert Motion-Sensing Light Socket quickly and easily transforms an ordinary light socket into a motion-sensing socket. This clever device will automatically turn on a light when it senses movement, and it will turn off the light after movement is no longer detected. This means you can finally stop worrying about fumbling for a light switch when your hands are full or finding a hard-to-reach pull-string in the dark.
Ideal for laundry rooms, basements, walk-in closets, garages, or anywhere a light switch isn't in a convenient spot, the First Alert Motion-Sensing Light Socket is a hands-free lighting device that turns on when you enter a room and automatically turns off four minutes after movement stops.
Senses Movement in All Directions
Able to operate in broad daylight or pitch-black darkness, this light socket features a 360-degree motion sensor that will detect a person approaching within twelve feet when installed at an eight-foot height. To achieve maximum motion sensitivity, use the handy arrows marked on the unit to determine the strongest response, adjusting the 180-degree points to face a door or other high-traffic area as needed.
Simple Installation for Immediate Use
With the First Alert Motion-Sensing Light Socket, you can get the convenience of automatic lighting without the expensive installation. Just screw the motion-sensing socket directly into an existing light socket, and then fasten the light bulb into the new fixture. The socket works with 25-100 watt bulbs (the product is not suitable for use with enclosed, shaded, or halogen bulbs).
The First Alert Motion-Sensing Light Socket is backed by a three-year limited warranty.
What's in the Box
First Alert Motion-Sensing Light Socket
then turns it off four minutes after movement stops.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
See it in action in video and note the tape.
If you want the OLD version, which is listed here, I suggest you write the seller FIRST to confirm that it really is the old one. You may want the old one if you don't have CFLs...the reviews on this one are better than for the new one--so I suspect maybe the change they made to accommodate CFLs reduces reliability of the product. I wanted the old once since I don't have CFLs, but when I ordered seven of them from this listing I got the new ones, model 725.
The seller was very good about resolving the issue, HOWEVER if you want the old one save yourself the trouble and confirm first via email. I'm not sure if the seller does not have any of the older model left or simply made a mistake in my order.
I bought ten of these ine 2006. All worked great out of the box, exactly as advertised!
After six years, two of these items have become burned out. I see brown burn marks at the edges of the socket and when you look inside, the tab connection looks like it is about to bust. My electrician looked at them and suggested I replace them.
I would prefer to buy a higher priced, American-made product that would last longer. However, for the price, I guess a six-year life is pretty good. Others have complained of manufacturing defects which caused the products not to work out of the box. I did not experience this and it sounds like a major pain. I personally don't have time to return them!
If an American-made higher priced better quality product existed, I would jump to buy it. However, I haven't been able to find one!
Note: This product does not work with CFLs. The company does have a new version First Alert PIR725 Motion Sensing Light Socket which works with CFLs however complaints of duds are even worse than this one! I suspect the manufacturing changes they made to adapt it to CFLs has resulted in an overall lower-quality product. I personally am replacing my two burned out ones plus stocking up on more of this older model for fear it will be discontinued.
When I ordered these I got the new one anyway, so I will review those under the other listing.
I think the product idea is great. Implementation is okay but lacks a little bit.
I bought two of these for my garage (2 car). First the positives
1) Easy installation
2) Hands free operation. I especially like the convenience of not having to turn off my light before I leave. Earlier I used to open a garage door, turn off the light and then get in my car. Now I get in my car and then open a garage door. You might say "big difference". But when it's freezing outside (where I am), it kind of actually is.
The negatives (mostly rehashing what many others have pointed out as well).
1) Erratic motion sensing. Sometimes it "sees" me from 15 feet, other times I am dancing in front of it to switch it on. This is coming through the same exact door each time. I understand the part that this thing is more sensitive in one direction, but that doesn't help much. I am not going to risk a loose connection by turning it any less than completely tight.
2) Sometimes when I turn off the switch by mistake, and turn it back on - I don't know if it will work fine, or stay one. I have to check it after 10 minutes to make sure if turned off.
I've only had this thing for a couple of weeks, so not sure how long do these last.
I would've liked to rate it 3.5, but that's not an option.
Despite the negatives, I am glad that I own these. When I see a better product, I'll happily switch.
Update December 2016
I had bought 2 of these 6 years ago. 1 broke down about 3 years ago and the second one broke down recently. I am looking around and haven't found a much better product. There is an LED light that comes with a built in motion sensor which is better rated on Amazon currently, but it is too bright for my use. So, I am planning to buy 2 more of these (actually the updated model that Amazon has). I am also updating it from 3 to 4 stars.