|Item Weight||13.6 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||9.8 x 3.5 x 6.9 inches|
|Item model number||SCO403|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number Of Pieces||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
First Alert SCO403 Alarm Combination Pack
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Includes battery-operated carbon monoxide alarm and battery-operated smoke alarm
- Modern, compact CO detector design with no installation required, electrochemical sensor
- Smoke alarm uses ionization smoke sensing technology
- Simple to use silence/test button, low battery warning, end-of-life timer, 85 decibel alarm
- Two 9V batteries included, 5-year limited warranty
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Read about our customers' top-rated security and surveillance products on our review page: Security and Surveillance
Top Customer Reviews
1. The CO detector must be installed sideways for the battery to make contact with the terminals. There is no way to lock the battery in place. Instead, you have to mount it in such a way that gravity keeps it in place. If you have limited vertical space or would like to ceiling-mount it, DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. Luckily, I had the space to mount it sideways.
2. The instructions for the CO detector include a mounting template, with the holes spaced 64 mm apart. "2.5 inches (64 mm)" is actually printed on the template as well. In fact, the screws on the unit must be mounted 92 mm apart. That's roughly a 3 cm difference, while the entire width of the unit is only 12 cm (or would that actually be the height, since it must be mounted sideways?).
Granted, these are two seemingly mild one-time annoyances experienced during the installation of this product, but the manufacturer actually paid someone to design the unit with the battery flaw, and actually paid someone to illustrate the wrong template in the instructions. Now I'm expected to trust my home, my life, and my family's lives to the other employees this same manufacturer paid to ensure the thing actually detects carbon monoxide properly and alerts people properly.
You wouldn't expect to have an uneasy feeling upon installing a brand new detector with a brand new battery.
The following is an update as of Jan 17, 2014,,,,,,Both of these units started chirping continuously. Chirping indicates a low battery. At first I merely installed new batteries; but after more chirping, I decided to check the batteries with my voltmeter to see if the new batteries were low. (As a technical analyst I happen to have meters in my workshop). The batteries were not low. Also there is no smoke, carbon monoxide or smell problems in my house. They even chirped outside in the yard. I am no longer using these units, and the warranty has run out. I will be looking for a slightly larger different brand unit which may make it easier to install a battery.
The model I received take a 9v battery. There is a plastic tab on the battery cover that is supposed to keep the battery pressed up against the terminals. But, there is too much space. So, when you close the door, the battery doesn't make contact with the terminals, and so the unit doesn't work at all.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It is too difficult to put a new battery in it and close the cover back.I ended up buying a new one.Published 2 months ago by Six Pack
Not that impressed just another item made in China, you get what you pay for.Published 6 months ago by muzzie
This is a great value and we have been very pleased so far!Published 10 months ago by Chelsey Landry
It does what it says it does. Sometimes it's a little too sensitive, but better safe than sorry.Published 12 months ago by Amazon Customer
This is a great price for both the smoke alarm and the carbon monoxide alarm.
Would definitely recommend this item for purchase.