|Print List Price:||$14.99|
Save $14.00 (93%)
First Chosen (Tears of Rage Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 162 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Kindle e-ReadersFire TabletsFire Phones
- Similar books to First Chosen (Tears of Rage Book 1)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
- Short I felt like it was just a little over 100 pages
- Price for the price it could of been longer if this is how the books are going to be priced by the time you get to 600 pages well you do the math
- No info dumps you kind of have to learn the world as you go along while some like this it can be frustrating trying to figure out who anyone is and what they are talking about. Eventually you get it but the first little bit is annoying.
- Lots of characters they seem to pop out of the woodwork all talking about a history you have no idea of.
- It is a gripping plot and moves with a fast pace.
- Interesting world with all the gods both lesser and greater and their interactions.
- Characters are fleshed out with both good and bad points and I cannot remember one of them doing something stupid to further the plot.
- Guns and swords this is one of the better mixes and I always find authors who use this time period of turbulence to have interesting worlds. On this note the world does seem to be thought about and planned out.
I found the book enjoyable the characters believable in a fantasy setting and the setting itself to be interesting. I would recommend this book to those who read the genre however the shortness of this first book and it's price would have me recommend other books before it.
On the day of her birth, Julianna Taraen was blessed by a Saent of one of the ancient gods, Grandfather Shadow. He has been banished, forced to endure imprisonment for a thousand years.
He bides his time, waiting for the time when Julianna will call out to him, and free him.
When she finally frees Grandfather Shadow, he marks her as the new Lord Morigahn, and orders her to gather his followers and unite them once again. She must somehow stay alive long enough to fulfill her destiny as the Lord Morigahn, which won't be easy with those loyal to Old Uncle Night and All Father Sun trying to kill her!
The author wraps the reader in a world that seems so real. The characters have depth and realism and I found myself on the edge of my seat wondering how Julianna was going to get out of several predicaments! The pacing kept me engaged and I have to admit, kept me up past my bedtime on more than one occasion ; I can't wait to read the sequel to The First Chosen and follow Julianna on her quest to unite the Komati and Morigahnti people.
I really enjoyed this book. The storytelling was truly out of this world. Gallowglas has created something gorgeous and complex. I love a plot that has so many layers that you can pick a part. Not only is the story deep and compelling, but the characters are as well. Gallowglas wrote it in a way where no one is left out. I love that I get a sense of everyone in the story. There is so much mythology in this book and no matter the species, everyone was playing a game. This book is full of betrayals, secrets and lies. If you want a great story on the battle of good vs. evil, First Chosen is a great choice.
I loved the characters. I loved Julianna. After her initial shock of knowing everything rests on her shoulders, you see her growing into it. It was a nice journey with her and Faelin. Faelin was chosen by Grandfather Shadow to help guide and direct Julianna since he is a true believer in Grandfather Shadow.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have such weird mixed feelings about this book. I bought and read it honestly because I appreciate mr. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Wesley Michael Gamble
There's a lot of fantasy out there and especially in the self-published realm some of it isn't all that great. First Chosen is not one of those books. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Robert Perona
This is one of the best series I've read in the last decade. Todd Gallowglas has come up with something new (and that's hard to say in this genre, where it sometimes feels like... Read morePublished 7 months ago by Chris Wimberly
This was my second time reading First Chosen and I was swept up into the story just as quickly as the first time. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Amazon Customer
f you want a fun engaging read with intelligent writing I highly recommend Tears of Rage! From the first sentence in Tears of Rage M. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Pamela Duncan
Buy this. Buy this book right the hell now and sit down, shut up, and READ. If you haven't read this series yet, WHY NOT?! Read morePublished 14 months ago by Karmin D
As a long time fantasy reader it is wonderful to find new series that create their own lore, systems of magic, and political intrigue. Read morePublished 17 months ago by Paul Justice
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror > Dark Fantasy
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Horror > Dark Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Epic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Metaphysical & Visionary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery