Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 17, 2017
Awesome book- our baby loves this line of books for some reason, but he is only 7 months old. Each page has groups of items that are all the same color- goes through basic colors, brown, black + white, and rainbow.
VINE VOICEon June 7, 2015
My daughter and all my grandchildren have learned their colors by having a My First Colors book read to them from the time of their birth. Every one of them could recognize and say their colors as soon as they could talk -- at 17 months, my oldest granddaughter pointed at the blue jello served to her in a restaurant and said, "boo." And now he she is expecting a daughter who will learn colors the same way. This book is a great, timeless teaching tool that provides an easy bonding time for the child and the person who reads to her. There are a number of pictures depicting each color - we simply ad the name of the color before each picture: red cherries, red car, red flower, etc. So much better than having just one picture of each color! You cannot go wrong with this book.
on August 9, 2017
Toddlers enjoyed this book.
on January 7, 2016
Great book! It has helped me a lot with teaching my 18-month-old about colors.
Almost every color is featured on 2 double page spreads (some on just 2), with a variety of objects in that color. It helps the child understand that what they have in common is the color, which works a lot better than books that try to cram several colors in one page.
Highly recommended.
on September 2, 2016
Love this book. The pictures are newer and the colors wonderful! My 15mo old today just finally said "purple" on the purple page and "pink" on the pink page!
on March 19, 2017
my 4 year olds love this book
0Comment|Report abuse
I love this book because it has a page showing different items of a particular color and all the objects are labeled. The book also has an entire two page spread of just one object with that color in order to focus on the color and not necessarily just the objects. Personally I would have done the 2-page spread first to learn the color itself and followed by the object examples. I also would have chosen different images for the 2-page spreads to really focus on the color better - like a pile of red berries instead of a fire engine in front of a building which had more than the red color in the image. Overall, the book looses a star mostly for not doing the 2-page spread with all colors presented - it skips doing it for pink, black, white, and brown. Those colors would not have been hard to also have a 2-page spread, but the publisher purposely chose to skip them - and I do not like inconsistency in books.
on March 22, 2015
My toddler enjoys this book, and I think it's visually appealing with a beautiful layout. A couple of edits I would suggest for next edition, though, such as making the coins silver (not gold), getting rid of the orange ice pop (replacing it with a healthy food) and changing the red poppy into a more ordinary flower (like a rose). But overall, great and relevant introduction to color categories.
on October 30, 2012
My six month old loves this; the bright colors keep him transfixed and it's fun to go through with him and talk about all the different things. The layout is good and simple; I like the mix of things representing each color and know that as he gets older there is much room to use it as a springboard to talk about many different things. A good addition to any little one's library!
on May 4, 2011
My 2 year old likes it. My kid does not tear up paper, but still it handles her rough handling pretty well. The pictures are clear, the colors are nice, the letters and numbers are big enough and the choices of items illustrated are nice.