4-Year Fitness Equipment Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- SquareTrade Protection Plans are only valid for new products purchased at Amazon within the last 30 days
First Degree Fitness Newport AR Rower Water Rower Exercise Machine
|Price:||$899.00 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Rower, Fitness, Endurance, Training, Water Rower; Tank is made of tough polycarbonate shell with a triple-bladed stainless steel paddle. Variable water volume from 9 to 17 liters.; Computer displays Time, distance, 500m split time, strokes per minute, calories per hour, watts, interval training, and optional heart rate reception.; Product Weight 68; Product Height 20.1; Product Width 20.9; Product Depth 77.8; Assembly Required Yes
- Fluid resistance technology Water ? nature?s perfect resistance. More resistance than most single resistance level competitors.
- Ergonomic handle Designed to prevent strain on the arms, wrists, and hands.
- Durable belt drive Smooth, clean, quiet (no whirring noises), and built to last.
- Solid construction makes this perfect for home gym applications.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
First Degree Fitness Newport AR Rowing Machine
The First Degree Fitness Newport Challenge AR (Adjustable Resistance) rowing machine features our patented adjustable fluid resistance technology which allows the rower to control and adjust the resistance from 'Feather light' to 'Olympic sprint' load levels.
Our water based system also delivers a smooth and consistent level of resistance throughout the entire rowing stroke without any dead spots or excessive load points. Unlike air blower based rowing machines which can produce unpleasant noise levels during hard use, the Newport AR fluid resistance tank is nearly silent.
The Challenge AR features an advanced computer monitor which provides accurate feedback during use, an ergonomically designed seat that rides on precision bearings and rollers for absolute smoothness, an upgraded footboard with advanced heel support, and an innovative soft grip handle to reduce stress on the hands and wrists while rowing.
Adjustable Fluid Resistance Technology allows resistance change from MIN to MAX at the turn of a dial.
No dead spots. FDF’s unique triple bladed impeller and baffled tank internals deliver instant catch and consistent resistance throughout the whole stroke.
Improved pulley system greatly increases the range of resistance whilst retaining constant tension and recoil action.
Multilevel computer complete with USB port. Monitor displays: time, distance, 500M split time, strokes per minute, calories per hour, watts and heart rate.
Height adjustable footplates and straps to ensure optimal foot placement and comfortable rowing position.
Super comfortable seat running on precision bearings and Delrin low friction seat rollers along a concealed track for cleaner, smoother and safer operation.
Durable belt drive – smooth, clean, quiet and again maintenance free.
Ergonomic design to prevent strain on arms, wrists and hands.
Highest quality anodised aluminium seat rail for smoothness, appearance, strength and durability.
Built-in transit wheels make this indoor rower light and easy to move around. Stores in just 53 x 51cm (21x 20″)
Newport AR Rowing Machine
Strength Conditioning and Cardio Vascular Workout
The Newport Challenge AR Indoor Rower is a best seller among home rowing machines. This recreational rowing machine is ideal for people of all fitness levels. If you are searching for a good looking, functional piece of fitness equipment that can offer an all round total body workout, the Newport Challenge AR Indoor Rower is perfect. Designed with a slender, sporty red frame that underpins a smooth and durable slide on the leg, this indoor rower offers low impact, intuitive movement at an affordable price point.
If you love a fitness challenge you will appreciate FDF’s patented twin tank with variable fluid resistance technology that is ensures no dead spots throughout each stroke. Delivering a broad range of rowing resistance levels, the Newport Challenge AR will inspire you to push your limits while experiencing the sight, sound and feel of real on-water rowing.
Cardio at home has never been so simple, the built in transit wheels make the Newport Challenge AR Indoor Rower simple to move around and store in a space saving vertical position.
Newport Challenge AR Rowing Machine Details
Patented adjustable resistance water filled tank
Easy vertical storage
Powder coated high quality steel frame
Mother Nature knows the key to a dynamic workout ... and the First Degree Fitness Newport AR Rower Water Rower Exercise Machine harnesses the power and unique physical properties of water. Just as a wave can be anything from a gentle ripple to a raging ocean surf, this water rower instantly adapts from a light warm-up to a fierce workout. Because with water, the harder you exercise, the tougher it gets. This rower has been developed in collaboration with professional rowers to deliver the feel, sight, and sound of real on-water rowing. Its multiple chamber ribbed internal tank provides natural "catch" at the start of the stroke and provides the smoothest and most consistent resistance you will find on any rowing ergometer. The water is easily adjusted from the inner to tank to the outer to change the overall resistance profile to perfectly suit every user. Additional Details: Constructed from aluminum Red finish Smooth and consistent resistance at all levels Starting in 2000, First Degree Fitness decided to ring in the new millennium by providing the fitness market with a range of equipment that combined robustness with simplicity. By giving users of all ages, fitness levels, and body types a perfectly tailored, full-body cardio experience through the natural application of water-based resistance, they have reached a high-water mark in the level of the fitness industry and in the quality of their customer's workouts. Replicates the feel, sight, and sound of real water-rowing. Adjustable levels of fluid resistance. Weight capacity: 300 lbs.. Manufacturer's warranty included (see Guarantee & Returns). Dimensions: 20.9L x 77.8W x 20.1H in..
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Solid build: the body is metal.
- Easy to assemble: not many screws you need to put in, and the assembly kit includes everything (screws, drivers, wrenches, water treatment, paint-just in case of scratches, etc.)
- Fun workout experience:I first got the idea from watching House of Cards, then I googled the benefits of rowing, I decided to give it a try. The water sound is not too loud, it also depends on how hard you row, I take it easy, roughly 4m40s/500m if set at min resistance level, and I can listen to music or watch TV while I row without having to blast the speaker. I read some reviews online before I bought it, some people complained that the workout is not enough, I think there are other reasons that are contributing to it such as: not rowing hard/fast enough, not setting the resistance at max level, not working out long enough, not leaning back enough (the further you lean back when you "pull", the harder the workout it is, for a video demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc2bVqkkcDE). First day I did 1 hour rowing, the next day I had a hard time getting up from bed because I really tried. You can watch the meters when you row, admire the swirling of the water in the tank, and listen to the sound of the water, all that add to the fun of the workout. Oh, for you to be able to better assess the intensity of the exercise, I am 27-year-old female with average build, I normally do 1 hour exercise per day.
There are things that you may want to look out for:
- Prepare for a heavy and large box delivery: the metal structure holding the water tank is fixed, you do not need to assemble it, however, in order to protect it, the delivery box is full of foams so it is both heavy and large. You may want to put some carpets to protect the stairway or on your floor and make room for the assembly.
- Protect your wood floor: since the machine is made of metal, it is heavy as it is. Adding your weight on it...go figure! I put jigsaw floor mats (of course you can use something else), and that's enough to protect my wood floor.
The foot straps are terrible. So much so that I consider them to be a design flaw. They're off-the-shelf straps that are like camera straps. In other words, they are designed as to be difficult to loosen. They're threaded through a plastic buckle and loosening them requires time and patience.
I keep the straps loose enough that I can just remove my feet. I never tighten them down. And for the most part, you don't need to, if you use proper technique.
The heels are too small for most modern athletic shoes. I've solved this issue by wearing Converse Chuck Taylors for my sessions.
And they should absolutely, positively, include the heart rate monitor with this rower. It's sold separately for $51, and it's not even available on Amazon. I had to contact First Degree Fitness to find one. They shipped it from Canada for $51. Why not raise the price a little and just include it?
With that out of the way, this is a *terrific* rower! Very, very smooth in operation. The seat glides across the rail very smoothly. It's a comfortable seat for most workouts, unless you stay on it an excessive amount of time. The pull strap is super smooth and the handles so comfortable that you don't even notice them.
The ability to adjust the water level is way cooler than I thought it would be. Set it on "1" to warm up, or if you're just starting out as a rower. Even this level can give you a really good workout. Remember: the harder you pull, the more resistance the water will give you back. That's the beauty of using water.
Set it to "4" and you have a really good workout ahead of you. It's just a matter of how hard you pull. If you pull lightly, even "4" will feel easy. Pull back hard and it will resist you quite strongly!
It has three paddles in the tank, vs. two for the WaterRower, but I think they're a little smaller, so I suspect the resistance levels with the same amount of water are comparable.
I wish the performance monitor gave you more than the basic settings. Don't get me wrong: it gives you most of what you need to know. Though "total calories burned" is a missing piece they absolutely should have put on it. But with the optional heart rate monitor, it tells you a lot.
That said, programs would have been really nice. What I mean is games of sort to encourage you to go back and forth in intensity levels, like other rowers sometimes have.
But the issues are really minor. I'm convinced this is really the best rower for the price, and that it will last many years, and that I won't get tired of it. It's not junky like piston rowers. It has resistance that varies on the fly, unlike magnetic rowers. It's not gigantic and loud, like air rowers. And it stores with a small footprint.
I am very impressed.