Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 184 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 220 reviews
on July 20, 2015
I really enjoy reading this magazine. They have very nice recipes with some ideas to make them healthier. It is *not* a magazine all about fashion, but they do have a few pages in each issue dedicated to beauty and fashion tips.
They have interesting health articles, fun puzzles, and a page of cute stories and jokes.
One thing I have noticed that always makes me smile - on *every* cover, there is always a little teaser that says, "Tired? Find out surprising ways to help!" I'm not exaggerating - there is an article in every issue about being tired! The answers range from hormones, to thyroid conditions, to allergies, and pollution in your home. Each article always starts with "80% [or some other high number] of all women suffer from being tired!" :-)

Sorry - I really do like this magazine. Just always struck me as funny how tired we all must be! :-)
on May 15, 2016
I have loved this magazine for years. I love the health articles and years ago read an article about a diet that helped me to really slim down, fast. I get great info about health issues and books on those subjects that help me to research health issues further. The current issue had a small article about how Canadian researchers tested effects of 55 natural anti-cancer agents on two forms of breast cancer and found an ingredient in black pepper was the most effective. The article said take 1/4 tsp a day. I can do that. Where else can I get these little tidbits of incredible information. Another article has info how I could consider a vitamin that could make me look 15 years younger and slim down if needed. The magazine is written well, informative not lofty. It has beauty info, recipes that are kind of fun, some decorating info, some pet info and more. It's my "feel good" magazine and never disappoints.
on June 16, 2016
First is truly one of my favorite magazines.It has helpful articles such as how to perform tasks mom didn't teach you such as getting stains out of clothes. It has uplifting quotes in it that are perfect taping to the bathroom mirror for a daily lift. It also has alternative therapies such as herbs that calm anxiety and teas that can ease every day issues. Fashion advice is spot on no matter the season
The one thing I like the most is it has few advertisements, no smelly perfume inserts and a game section that includes a crossword puzzle and word search. This one has it all ladies!
on February 2, 2014
I'm not a magazine buyer, generally speaking. I'd rather read online for free and not waste paper; however, First is just so chock-full of tips, recipes, and useful information that I just HAVE to subscribe. Even my ex-BF was amazed at all the useful information it contained.

Best thing about it is that the content is all positive. Articles about health issues don't scare (as some magazines do...and you may notice how full of prescription med ads they are...hmmm!) and the models aren't sex kittens.

Best mag out there!
on January 14, 2011
This is my favorite magazine. I don't bother buying any others. I've gained a lot of practical and useful information over the years of reading it. I finally broke down and got a subscription, which saves a lot of money. I am always looking for the latest news in the health and diet genera; mostly holistic approaches interest me, and First always includes unbiased finds and trends so I can make up my own mind if it will work for me. They have recently started including a section on herbs and spices, how they help you and how to include them in your meal planning with plenty of recipes to get you started. About three years ago I started compiling a personal database of their information to help me better understand my body and how to improve it. First has divided the magazine into sections like health, love, kids, food, decorating, etc. I read every word. It's the only magazine I have ever found I can say that about.

If I had a negative comment it would be that they have started including a lot more advertizing (mostly for dangerous diet drugs) and have started putting coupons here and there. I don't mind the coupons, but they should be placed in their own section so you don't have to lose an article because you wanted to use a coupon.
on April 18, 2012
I originally "finally" found this magazine after multiple attempts since it is not something you'll pick up in your usual Wal-Mart, drug store or magazine rack at the corner book shop. I love, love, love every single column, every detail and every part of whatever it covers. What's so different about it? It's the first time in a long list of mag subscriptions I subscribe to that ribets my eyeballs into every single detail of what it writes. It is the mag of all mags for research on everything that we eat, that we buy ...landscaping, simplest/yummiest of recipes with a unique twist using everyday stuff. No big time ingredients needed. Logical/sensible weight loss ideas, unique beautiful garden layouts on the cheap, etc. Sort of a big time modestly priced elegant, layout on all that covers a home. This is like a cross between Dr.Phil, Martha Stewart, your doctor, your corner cleaners, and even moviestars with aesthetic problems! First For Women
on July 7, 2013
First For Women is one of my favorite magazines. It is loaded with all sorts of useful information. The recipes are so good - no fancy schmancy ingredients. First also has the latest in health information. I think all women would find this magazine to be very pertinent to their lives - no matter what their age. It includes a little bit of everything - beauty, home decor, crafts, book reviews, crossword puzzle, humor - First has it all!!
on November 8, 2013
This magazine has a little bit of everything. Inspiration, humor, household hints, beauty/fashion tips, recipes, nutrition, puzzles and book reviews. It's a nice relaxing read and when I ordered through Amazon, they made sure my issues got to me when I moved.
on December 4, 2012
This magazine can't be beat, especially when it is available from Amazon on sale. I find the magazine relaxing -- as well as inspirational. I've made many of the recipes available and find them complete and easy to duplicate.

The articles are generally short and get to the point without a lot of hyperbole. This is my once-a-month treat.

The first issue came earlier than Amazon indicated -- a nice bonus.
on December 17, 2013
I ordered a subscription to this last year and just renewed it for another year. There are so many good ideas every month. The only problem is I can't share the magazine with anyone when I'm done because I've cut out so many recipes and ideas that I can apply to my everyday life.