Follow the Author
First Year Letters (The Jitters Series) Paperback – Picture Book, February 1, 2003
The letters the children write to Mrs. Hartwell are sympathetic ("I figured you might be a little scared, just like me"); informative ("…most kids don't eat cauliflower"); encouraging ("Yesterday was THE BEST!"); and apologetic ("I'm sorry about throwing up all over your shoes"). Even a local firefighter writes to Sarah Jane.
Fun, funny, and heart-warming, Danneberg’s newest installment in the Mrs. Hartwell Classroom series is sure to delight both teachers and children as they follow Mrs. Hartwell and her class through the year. Classes will be inspired to write letters to their own teachers about their favorite, or wildest, days of the year.
From the Publisher
Letter Writing - More Than Language Arts!
• Use postage problems to practice addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Weigh mail and packages on a classroom scale.
• Write letters to support an environmental cause.
• Watch a 'How It’s Made' episode about pencils and discuss as a class.
• Assign students to create a new stamp based on their favorite fictional place (Narnia, Gotham City, Hogwarts, etc).
• 'Write' a letter entirely in illustrations except for the salutation and closing.
About the Author
- ASIN : 1580890857
- Publisher : Charlesbridge; Illustrated edition (February 1, 2003)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 32 pages
- ISBN-10 : 9781580890854
- ISBN-13 : 978-1580890854
- Reading age : 6 - 9 years
- Lexile measure : 500L
- Grade level : Kindergarten - 4
- Item Weight : 4.4 ounces
- Dimensions : 8 x 0.12 x 10 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #303,708 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: