- File Size: 429 KB
- Print Length: 21 pages
- Publication Date: June 14, 2011
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00562O4IQ
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,116,854 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
The First Ride: The Real Story of Santa Claus Kindle Edition
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
2) Type of book : Fictional (sadly) children's Christmas book, tho there really is a Hopeville, Connecticut (worth a visit one day!)
3) Formatting/Editing : Well done
4) Best/Worst aspect of book : Loved the manner in which book was written as if a relation was writing down the daily details of that 'peculiar' man down the way in his diary which made it all the more engaging
5) Favorite passage : "Even now as I write this, I see through the window, Mr. Claus in the pasture with those elk, feeding them my grain again! He tells me they are not elk, but reindeer."
6) Bottom-line : Enjoyed it start to finish so going to join the herd (of reindeer) and give it five stars, too!
Love how the book starts out in 1873 from the grandfather's journals about how Nicholas and Anna came to live at their farm.
Love how this story is told about the small town and how others help the neighbors.
Lots of strange things happen but there are explanations. Love the ride!