Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 39 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 62 reviews
on August 11, 2017
Briefly, I was sort of thrown into a situation where I was suddenly a landlord of 8 properties (I know, sounds strange, but true). I had to quickly get up to speed on what was required of me, what I should require of my tenants, what I needed for insurance, etc. I found this book at my local library and liked it so much that I purchased it so I can keep it handy. It's very easy to read and explains things from the ground up. It also discusses the pros & cons if you're thinking about buying rental properties but haven't yet (I skipped that section because I was already neck-deep in properties). I highly recommend this book, and the NOLO website has also been extremely helpful.
on July 6, 2013
We had previously rented property and used a management company. Although they did fine overall, we were not happy with many things. This book covers the things that we really needed to know.
on August 27, 2013
This is like a very informative webpage inside a book. Short, succinct, and summarized. Perfect for a new or inexperienced landlord. Sometimes you just need a short book with all the key points listed (such as what you're responsible for, how to avoid getting sued, etc.).
on February 9, 2014
A good guide to almost everything you need to consider for renting out a house. The only shortfall, really, is the lack of discussion about raising rents -- a tricky topic especially for a first-time landlord.

The authors should consider an additional book, on the topic of renting out part of your home -- like a mother-in-law unit or a room. The issues are similar but with some details that worry would-be landlords.
on August 28, 2016
good purchase
on August 18, 2014
Became an unintentional landlord (needed more space/better schools for the fam, no luck selling our condo), so I needed a crash-course on the basics. This book has been very helpful for getting an overview of what all's involved, including tax issues, handling money, how to treat tenants, etc. Solid book for beginners, and then you can dig into topics on your own, or get help (from tax preparers, etc).
on November 27, 2012
Good book if you are a new on this matter, but if you need something more or you already know the business get another book, this one is just the basic, great for beginners.
on February 13, 2016
Great book for a new landlord. Keeps you informed of things you otherwise would not have thought of. Luckily, I've not needed it lately as I've gotten done good tenants in there that have been in the property coming up on three years.
on December 24, 2015
Lots of good tips in this. Went a long way to calming my fears about becoming a landlord and also gave me the ability to ask intelligent questions of those who knew more than me when I had the opportunity. Highly recommended.
on July 3, 2013
I am a first time landlord and this book really helped me understand all of the problems and advantages there are to renting. Its easy to understand and very comprehensive. Another excellent Nolo Press book. I'm confident that I can write up a rental agreement that protects me!