Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
The First Years Close And Secure Sleeper
- Cotton, Polyester
- Used in adult bed between pillows
- Head and foot barriers minimize risk of entrapment
- Folds for travel and storage
- Machine-washable sheet and cover
- Two AA Batteries required for nightlight
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
The First Years Close and Secure Sleeper
Mama birds love the Close and Secure Sleeper because it gives baby a soft little 'nest' of his own while keeping him or her close by. You can feed, soothe, monitor and bond throughout the night with the reassurance that your little one is snug, secure and safe-thanks to our Airflow design that allows air to circulate around baby. Designed to be easily portable for on-the-go convenience, you can also use the sleeper in the crib to help ease baby's transition from your bed when he's ready to leave your nest.
Things to Know
- Can be used in the crib to help baby's transition from your bed to the crib.
- Folds for travel and storage.
- Machine washable sheet and cover
- Intended for infants from birth and up.
- Measures 28” x 16” x 5.5”
More Sleep Solutions from The First Years
Portable Peace Travel Sound Machine
Sounds for Silence Deluxe Nursery Sound Machine
Star Light Projector
Top Customer Reviews
I don't like that the mesh sides aren't more sturdy. Our daughters legs hang off all the time. In no way does she roll out, it would just have been nice if the sides were better. But overall I like it and feel safer co sleeping with our daughter!
I would drop this to two stars instead of 4. The mesh sides at the bottom did not hold our daughter in. Woke up and she was hanging off the side face first. Have no idea how she did that, but because the bottom mesh siding is so flimsy and doesn't have something to firm it up, she somewhat rolled out. So for safety reasons, I would drop the rating.
My daughter weighed 11+ pounds and was 23.5 inches long when she was born, so while this is a GREAT sleep positioner or portable bassinet (it's soft, secure, portable, etc.), the actual interior length is ONLY 24 inches.
There is also a NON-removeable wedge at the end of the sleeping surface that impedes foot room, if there was some way to remove it I would have done so, if only to get more use out of it and to prevent her from throwing her legs over the sides (which she does in her bassinet as well).
As a result, my 8 week old daughter outgrew this long ago which was a major disappointment since I was hoping to use it for the transition to her crib. This wasn't exactly an inexpensive item either, so unless your baby is MUCH smaller than mine, I would suggest finding a sleep positioner that has an open end so that you can get more use out of it, for a longer period of time.
Our daughter can't crawl or roll and is a fairly stationary baby. Yet every morning, she's three-quarters hanging out her sleeper.
Don't buy this cosleeper -- it's the same as not having one.
Features that we like are:
- this little bed is easily kept in place in our bed by a large flap that tucks under our mattress, but is also easy to move around our condo so we could always keep an eye on our baby in the day
- the mattress cover is removable, machine washable (we added a folded cotton sheet on the mattress for more comfort)
- this is really lightweight and can also be folded up for compact easy storage once baby has outgrown it until needed again, probably for our future second baby (we didn't travel but I'm sure this feature would be very convenient for the cause)
- this sleeper allowed us to be close to our baby when she finally got home after almost two months waiting for her to be discharged from NICU
Features that we wish this sleeper have:
- sleep positioners, each time we put our baby in bed we had to tuck a blanket or pillow on each side to prevent her awakened (I notice that the new version does have this feature The First Years Close and Secure Sleeper)
- mattress slightly inclined
Features that we find not useful (for us):
Our baby has outgrown it at about two months and half old. We loved this sleeper and enjoyed each day our baby slept close to us.
I was recently on the market for a co-sleeper so that my baby could sleep with us in the same bed and not have to worry about rolling over. I saw this secure sleeper on amazon.com and the price was reasonable so i decided to give it a shot. Lemme start with some Pros.
-slimmer in width as opposed the the Summer Infant brand co-sleeper. It fits between us on a Queen size bed easily and we don't feel squished.
-strong UV nightlight
-very lightweight, easy to fold and go
-too short. the product says its could till 4 months, but my baby is only two months old and if he lies straight he can't fit his whole body in
-footrest is immovable so even if you wanted to make it fit a baby bigger than 23", u would have to physically cut off the footrest
-not even suitable for newborns, because it has an incline that causes babys to slide down during the night
-non breathable mattress. When we were using it, my baby woke up every day with a puddle of sweat on his back and forehead -and he's a SUMMER baby!
in short, i suggest you try summer infants sleeper instead. It's 29" long, which should definitly last till 4 months old, and has a much more breathable mattress. (but buy it from Babys R us - they have it for 59.99)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great sleeper, but not for a queen bed with two adults. Fits, but not comfortable. Would be good for traveling, folds up nicely. Not sturdy enough to carry with baby in it.Published 7 days ago by Robert Shepherd
Absolutely loved this. I bought it for me and then I bought it for a friend. It's perfect because the baby can sleep in your bed and you don't have to worry about rolling over on... Read morePublished 9 days ago by Ronda
My son is only 2 weeks old and he's almost too long for this product.Published 13 days ago by Dawson's Mom
I bought this for my brand new grand baby. He and my daughter both love it.Published 15 days ago by STaylor
This is great for safe cosleeping. Really easy to travel with so baby has familiar place to sleep when not at home. Down side is length. Read morePublished 17 days ago by John McPherson
It has been great to have our baby safely in bed with us. My daughter was able to use this until she was five months. However, she is a premie... Read morePublished 19 days ago by Liana
Highly recommend! It made breastfeeding at night so much easier than having to get up and walk to the crib like with my first child. Read morePublished 19 days ago by Ning Zhou