The First Years Two Receiver 49 MHz Monitor (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Super-sensitive microphone detects the smallest sounds
- Baby sound indicator
- Sound-activated light
- FCC Approved design
- Includes two receivers
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
1. Cost - It's a good price for a monitor with 2 receivers.
2. Sensitivity - It is very sensitive on picking up sound. I can hear my baby's movements in her bassinet when she is stirring herself up, before she begins to cry.
1. Static - This monitor is VERY prone to static which comes in and out throughout the day. Even the "sound sensitive" lights on the receivers acknowledge the static coming from the base.
2. Not Reliable when Portable - What I mean by this is when I have the receivers operating on battery power alone, there is only a 50/50 chance that they will actually work. Even with new batteries, I constantly have problems with getting either receiver to turn on.
I have only owned one monitor before this one, and didn't have any problems with the first. The first was the Safety 1st Monitor, price $16.99. If I could, I would return this monitor and purchase the updated version of the first. However, I cannot do that. :(
So, I recommend passing on this one and ordering a different brand. I'm returning this one tomorrow.
Also, they WILL break. We had two sets, and all four receivers eventually stopped working for one reason or another. Typically the battery compartment is the first to go, and then you have to keep them plugged in for them to work at all. Then, the plug connection stops working unless you tape the thing in position. Finally, the knob goes, and you have to toss it. I think they managed to last 2-3 years, though.
That said, they do work, so if you want a cheap baby monitor solution for not much money, this is a good choice.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These are great. Why did TOMY stop making these? Good range, two channels, dual power supply. No-video-feed makes this the best product - it actually does what it is supposed to... Read morePublished 8 months ago by G Mao
Great price, great quality! Works great over a fairly long distance (we have a rather large house). Sound is crystal clear, we leave them on most all the time, seem to have a get... Read morePublished 13 months ago by Flyboy
It has been years since I ordered this, and it is still working great! It does get interference easily, but adjusting the position of it will fix that. Read morePublished 16 months ago by Thetruthbetold...
Come on First Years! We are spending a lot of money for this monitor and would greatly appreciate it not going out and making loud pulsating sounds in the middle of the night. Read morePublished on June 3, 2014 by Amazon Customer
We ordered this last year and it worked for what it was supposed too. We did have a lot of issues with static. Read morePublished on March 20, 2014 by Amazon Customer