|Item Weight||44 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||15.5 x 10.5 x 17.2 inches|
|Item model number||Opal01|
|Installation Type||Counter Top|
|Form Factor||Stand Alone|
|Color||Stainless Steel Wrap with Black Accents|
|Door Material Type||Plastic|
|Included Components||Opal Icemaker, Ice Bin, Ice Scoop, and Drip Tray|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
3-Year Kitchen Protection Planfrom Assurant
- Delivered by e-mail; register and file claims online or by phone
- We will fix the item, replace or pay up to the original purchase cost of the item. Zero deductible
- Fully transferable if you give as a gift
- Cancel anytime for a full refund within the first 30 days
- Products used for commercial or business purposes are excluded
Opal Nugget Ice Maker
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Affordability - Quality and elegance at a more affordable price point.Operating Temperature Range F-55 to 90
- Speed and Efficiency - 15 minutes to first nugget, produces 1 lb an hour and the bin holds 3 lbs
- Portability - Compact countertop design plugs into any electrical outlet at home and can come with you to your next camping or tail gaiting extravaganza
- Bluetooth - Schedule your ice making schedule from the convenience of the FirstBuild app
- Water quality - use potable water only, 12 gpg (205 ppm) or less mineral hardness
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare with similar items
You may also know this as "the good ice". Opal makes the chewable, crunchable, flavor-saving nugget ice you love. The Opal is an affordable nugget ice maker for your home. Opal only does one thing: make chewable, craveable nugget ice. But it does a really good job at that one thing. Opal is an ice maker designed for the enthusiasts: people who drop by their favorite restaurant on the weekend to pick up a bag of that special soft ice or have googled “nugget ice maker for home” only to find that home nugget ice makers start at $2000 - $3000.
From the manufacturer
Opal Nugget Ice Maker
The ice maker that’s designed for your life
With a broad range of features, it's not hard to see why FirstBuild made this product easy to use and convenient to enjoy. Opal is smart enough to know when to start and stop making ice. It’s equipped with a sensor that will identify the fill level of the bucket to turn the ice maker on and off. Just like in any cooler, ice will slowly melt within the air-insulated bucket. Opal will automatically turn on to make sure that the bucket is refilling with ice.
Quality and elegance at a more affordable price point.
Compact countertop design plugs into any electrical outlet.
15 minutes to make the first nugget.
Produces up to 1 lb of ice per hour.
Holds up to 2.5 quarts (3 lbs) of ice.
Not intended for commercial use.
Customers also shopped for
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Opal is refusing to honor warranty
1) I judge all restaurant ice as inferior. Didn't even get a refill because my ice in my yeti was better than that crap they were selling...
2) I have been walking around randomly saying "Nugget Ice" and smiling...
3) Scared to post on my social media, because I know people will hate me even more for my awesome life
4) My daughter woke me up this morning and first thing she said was "the ice is full"... A warm glow of happiness washed over my body...
5) I quit drinking beer because it doesn't go with nugget ice.
This is is easily the coolest thing since they figured out how to freeze water into small nuggets to make it enjoyable to eat...
Instructions were accurate and easy to follow. Once cleaned and sterilized it began making ice just fine strongly recommend this product to anyone.
So, I asked for this icemaker for Christmas when I saw that it was on sale for $449.00. My husband thought I was absolutely insane. He mocked me. He laughed at me. He told me there was no way in Hades he would spend that much for an icemaker. Well, we've been married 25 years and he knows me well enough to know that I was only being polite by offering to let him get this for me for Christmas. I mean, God forbid he has to stress about gifts for me. Right? Whatever. I explained that he could get it for Christmas for me or I'd get it for him and he doesn't usually crunch ice at all.
It arrived a few days later.
It is magical. I don't know what kind of Harry Potter wizardry is happening inside Opal, but the ice this little beauty spits out is absolutely WONDERFUL. I am all up in my feels and happily crunching my way to heaven. And my husband is crunching as well.
This thing is insanely easy to use. We set it up, ran it through a cleaning, and it was popping out ice about 20 minutes after it arrived. The ice is TRUE nugget ice. If you use it with soda or something a little stronger ... it holds the taste. It's soft to chew like Sonic ice and makes enough with one full cycle to fill our ice basin in the fridge. I am so happy. SO happy.
Thank you to whoever invented Opal.
And thank you to my husband for crossing something off my bucket list that I didn't even know was there. :)