Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Albums STEM Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 20, 2014
After having F&P washer dryer for 18 years we finally needed to replace the old units and after 2 years I can say they are a real disappointment. They run long, the washer has a short agitator (the ones in Australia have conventional ones) so it gets out of balance constantly if you place have a heavy load to wash. The dryer had to be replaced after fighting with the US Customer Service office as the lock on the drum lid was so loud it sounded like something snapped. They keep saying it does make a noise, but the local store got the field rep involved and he had it replaced, this one is quiet but slow to dry. It's great to save energy but time is also important, washing 4-5 loads of cloths is an all day job with the AquaSmart W&D. Save yourself the headache and but something else, Fisher & Pakel missed the mark on their AquaSmart. Now I have a leak so here I go again calling for service.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 1, 2011
I think that the previous reviewer must have got a bad unit. This indeed could happen, but to call all F&P appliances crap is painting with too broad a stroke (and incorrect!) We have had ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS with our dryer. I will say that we experienced an issue with our washer. Three months after the warranty went out, the water pump went out. I called their customer service line and talked to someone in NZ. I described the problem. He gave me the authorized repair people in our area. I contacted the closest and set an appointment for Saturday afternoon. The tech came to the house and worked on the machine. He was at our house for a 3.5 hours. Testing the unit, replacing the pump, watching through several cycles. At the end of the call, he called F & P customer service and told them it was mechanical failure. F & P told him to submit the entire bill to them. All I did was sign. My Fisher Paykel appliances will be replaced by the same brand...if they ever fail!
on September 15, 2013
paid a lot of money for a washer that has a faulty design for the pump. this will be 3rd pump i will have replaced which last about 3 years. also drain hose started leaking from being installed without any protection from the metal edge where it exits the body of the washer. before this had a whirlpool washer that lasted 20 years before the drum started leaking. and it was a hell of lot cheaper.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 17, 2011
it never breaks. The parts are next to impossible to get for the machine.

But when they work, they are GREAT!!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.