Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fisher-Price Go Baby Go! Cruise-Around Activity Lion
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on July 11, 2010
My daughter just turned 10-months and she's been climbing and standing up on me but there really wasn't a place that was suitable in our home. The couches are over tile and our baby's play area didn't have anything for her to practice standing or cruising. I read reviews for other toys and most were mixed "a door the trapped fingers", "tipped over", "slid on the floor", "not entertaining", etc. When this was released even without the reviews I bought it for my daughter and I was very surprised and happy over this purchase. It doesn't slide on the carpet or a thin rug. The feet that come with it are wide and provide traction, so it's never slid even when she leans with all her body weight on it. It's never tipped over. She's able to lean and pull on the toy with all her weight while standing and SITTING down. There are no parts that with trap or pinch her fingers. I would only change the color of the ball underneath, since it's clear it's not as noticable next to the yellow of the toy unless she's crawling up to it. I also wish there were noise makers on the top (currently they're on the side). Otherwise great toy if your child is standing-cruising-sitting down.
on July 28, 2010
I just got this for my son and right out of the box the eyes were half rubbed off. I debated just returning it but decided that besides being a complete hassle, my 7 month old probably wouldn't care about that anyway. So I put it together which was fairly easy and then put it on the floor for my son to play with. He absolutely loves his Stride to Ride Lion which looks similar so I figured he would love this as well. Now, while he may like this toy "okay", I have to say that I do not think it is worth the price. The spinning ball on the top doesn't spin easily, the lights and sounds are nothing spectacular and I don't know why the green and red button-things on the top are there since they just go up and down. Overalll I think this toy is pretty boring and simple and feel that it is definately not going to be enough to keep my son's attention.
on November 22, 2010
That is the reason behind buying this toy. Our baby is at the stage where she seeks to find something, anything to pull up with. The problem is that we have few things in the house for that and it all leads to landing on a concrete floor. This lion can sit on our cushioned rug area and does not slip.

I luv how there are many areas of interest to keep the little one busy when standing up gets tiring after a while. The ball hanging under the lion bridge is especially entertaining since it makes a noise when hit.

The eye of our lion was partially rubbed out (looks to be a common issue).. bad packaging if you ask me, but easily fixed with a permanent black marker.

All in all, good purchase and does what it says.

P.S. there is volume control on the toy.. awesome feature! The lion's laugh sounds too much like Barney but more annoying.
on March 27, 2011
Great for all of it's intended uses. My only complaint is that it's hard to use to help him from moving from sitting to standing because it will topple over, but I guess to make one that can't topple it be horribly heavy.
on June 28, 2012
For reference, my daughter right now is 9 months old, ~26 inches tall, ~16-17 lbs. She can crawl, and pull herself and stand on objects(cruise). She can not walk or stand by herself.

Pros:
- cute music and sounds effects for baby
- my daughter LOVED the beach ball attachment
- on high pile carpet, this toy was stable enough for my daughter to pull herself up on it and stand/cruise
- plenty of activities for baby to play with

Cons:
- toy is NOT stable on anything other than carpet, in my experience. When we put this toy on our daughters playmat, it would slide around whenever she wanted to stand on it. Annoying for her and also somewhat dangerous. The feet are "hollow" so there is really no area to add tacky rubber or anyting like that to the toys feet to add more traction. You need to put this toy on carpet or a plush rug.
- my daughter is on the small side for her age and I feel like (at her height) she will outgrow this toy soon. Its a little low so when she stands up holding on to it, she kind of has to hunch over.

All in all, I havent really found a better alternative than this toy (except our ottoman, which our daughter loves to cruise on too). Not being able to put it on her playmat is annoying, and she might outgrow it soon, but overall we do not regret our purchase.
on August 12, 2011
The cruise around activity lion is a little short for my daughter. She is 8 months this week and when she attempts to stand and play with this toy she has to bend over. The picture is a little misleading. Also it is not as entertaining as I had hoped. She is interested in it for about 5-10 minutes and then ready to move on. They could have put a few more activities on it for the price.
on February 2, 2011
I always read toy reviews when trying to decide what to get for my daughter but I've never been moved to write one til now. My 8 month old daughter is at the point where she can stand if she is holding on to something ie the couch. However she cannot pull herself up to a standing position on the couch cause there is nothing she can get a good grasp on from her seated height. This is where the activity lion comes in. When she is sitting in front of it the tallest part is the perfect height for her to hold on and try and pull herself up. She hasn't completely mastered it yet and often needs a little extra push but she is motivated and inspired to try because of all the neat things on the top. It's very exciting to watch and think my little one will be standing and walking soon (eek). But I give 2 thumbs up to Fisher Price for this toy because she is having fun and learning an important motor skill all at the same time. PS the songs get her really excited and the beach ball thing with the bell in it underneath fascinates her - two great bonuses!
on January 23, 2011
My review is alittle low, only because my little one has the world's shortest attention span, however the reason I purcahsed this toy was because she was trying to pull herself up to the standing position whenever and wherever she could and this fianlly allowed me to let her go at it without worrying about her falling or pulling it over on herself. It is very sturdy and perfect for this part of their development. A++++
on September 1, 2011
My son started pulling up on the furniture at 5 months. He isn't ready to walk yet but needed something other than the TV stand for support. This is awesome! It is not mobile so you don't have to worry about it moving. Now at 6 months it supports his 18 pound frame. It is entertaining to him. Teaches cause and effect. He loves it, I love it. A reviewer said it was too short. My son is 26 3/4 inches and it is the perfect height. I would suggest for a kid that is mobile but not ready to walk.
on April 8, 2015
Bought this at a local toy store. After a few months of battle with my husband. I am so glad we got it. I am sorry we did not get it sooner.
So our boy was crawling and pulling up to stand when we got this toy for him. I think it would have been fun for him to explore while he was just sitting too, but he seems to enjoy it a lot at this stage. Occasionally he explores the activities on the sides and the ball in the middle but his favourite is to stand and spin the wheel to play the music. It combines his two most loved activities - spinning things and listening to music.
Unlike all the other small toys he has around the play area this is one that he can not misplace, push under the pillow, throw out of the play area etc so it is just always there and ready for him.
I also love that you can just leave it switched on and it will play the little snippets of music as soon as he spins the wheel or presses the nose.
I like the tunes it has, they are short and sweet, not very tinny or too loud. The noises it makes are kind of weird at first but I got used to them and just find them goofy now (the roar and the laugh).
I don't see him being interested in it until he is 3 though, but I guess time will tell.
We have it on the soft tiles in his play area and it still slides a lot (I assume it'd be even worse on the normal tiles). I suppose a carpeted area would solve that problem. The fact that it slides scared him a bit at first but by now I think he has learned to take that into consideration and work around it successfully.
So there are a few potential ways for the toy to be sort of leading to harm, like it sliding (I'm not seeing this thing ever tipping over though) like when he tries to climb over it or simply on top of it, but I think that some amount of danger is a part of the real world that we are trying to prepare them for anyway.

It was simple enough to put it together except that the holes for the screws appeared not to be big enough and we really had to force the screws in (had to use the electric screwdriver, not sure I'd have managed without it).
review image