Beauty Summer Reading Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Introducing Fire TV Cube Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon theaffairS4 theaffairS4 theaffairS4  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on January 4, 2016
Two problems I have with this very highly rated toy:
- my 10-month-old baby wasn't into this toy at all, of course this is totally personal.
- it broke after one month, under the condition that we only turned it on for a few times in total. The motor still makes noises, but the cloth net doesn't go up and down to pop up balls. Very poor reliability.
7 people found this helpful
on April 2, 2016
My daughter loves this toy! She loves for Poppity to pop, and will sit next to Poppity just starting it up over and over while she plays next to it. The balls are a great size, perfect for little hands. I wish I could get a second set since she likes to capture the balls and hide them under her belly, but still wants balls to pop.

This became a favorite toy at 7.5 months and still going strong at near 9 months. She was intrigued at 6 months but the balls were a little too big to hold with one hand and she couldn't catch them. The price is right for how much fun she has had and will have. I can still see this as being fun as she ages and can chase the fast moving balls.
review image
12 people found this helpful
on February 1, 2016
I really wanted my little grandson to have this musical dinosaur toy. I felt he would like the popping balls and lively music..and he did..for a short time. This toy was entertaining and fun the first couple of times he saw it working but the newness quickly wore off for him and we put the toy away.

Now that he is two we pulled it back out to see if he was interested at all. He now has fun with it by seeing when of his toys the dinosaur can bounce around and which toys he can't. He even tried to sit in it to see if it could bounce him.

My suggestion is to purchase this cute toy when your little one is very small to get the most use from it as he ages, but don't toss it or give it away because your little one may find a new way to play with it like mine did.
on December 4, 2015
This kept our daughter occupied! My wife purchased this toy along with the Rock-a-Stack stacking toy also from Fisher-Price when our daughter was 6 1/2 months old and was starting to sit up on her own. She was determined to teach our daughter the gross motor skills she needed to learn while also making sure it was loads of fun. We never put our daughter in a playpen so she was always on her play mat on the floor, which made this toy ideal since it is a tad big for a 6+ month old in a playpen/play yard. This toy dino tickled her curious little brain! As soon as you turn it on, there is fun music and the 6 colorful balls start to pop up like popcorn in a hot pot! I would say it helped train our daughter to learn how to crawl after a ball when it popped out too far. It also taught her earn "cause and effect" When a ball pops out, she figured out that she had to go after it and put it back so it can bounce and pop up again. She was also intrigued by the speaker-like mechanism of the toy. The center of it that pushes the balls to make them "pop" bounces and resembles the pulsing of a loud speaker.She would sit for a good half-an hour just holding her hand over the center of the toy and trying to figure out why it is moving. The balls also slide into a small hole that leads them out of the dino's mouth, which I think is cute and cool. I'd recommend this toy to parents who have babies who are learning how to sit up and crawl. Our lil one had a blast with this toy!
|11 comment|Report abuse
on October 22, 2015
My son loves his new toy. This musical toy is just as described. He was amazed by the balls bouncing and sat there for a while just watching it! I would recommend this to anyone with a baby that loves music and balls. My package came in a day late, not sure of the reason but it was worth the wait. They toy was packaged nicely upon arrival. This toy is great, it keeps him on the go and occupied.

Well I am here not even two days later saying that this toy is broken. Not sure why but it does not bounce the little balls anymore, its like its stuck or something is messed up underneath the netting that the balls lay on inside it. So I am returning this product and will try another one out and if that does the same thing well its basically junk after the second try. So I will update and let you know what happens.
on December 26, 2015
Not a fan of this at all. When my 5 year old was a baby he had the Playskool ball popper and it was wonderful. The balls would go down through a clear tube and pop back out the top falling into a little funnel sort of design and go back through again. Rarely did the balls get away. This one is loud for starters, and not loud music but a loud pop pop pop noise. It's designed with a large area where the balls are dropped in and they pop around and can then go into a little "shoot" which is the mouth that spits them back out. The problem is that they rarely make it through the mouth because the sides are short and the top is open and it just flings them back out. The only reason I gave it two stars instead of one is because he likes it. I hate it. I spend all of my time fetching the balls after they get flung all over the place. He's had it a couple of days and I can tell you now that it came with six balls and they will be lost in no time. Get the playskool popper.
on January 12, 2017
My daughter seems to enjoy this ball pit at 8 months old. It really seems to keep her attention but doesn't have many features that she's able to "play" with. She doesn't understand that she has to put the balls back in the pit so it is mostly just entertainment for her rather than an interactive toy. I do all of the work, grabbing the balls and putting them back in because they DO get popped out of the toy. I wish there was a better design to keep the balls in or at least a milder setting for young children so that the balls are not flying everywhere. I'm sure my daughter will enjoy this toy more over time.
on December 19, 2016
I was very disappointed with this purchase. The pieces that require assembly do not fit into each other. The tail and the head do not click into place and the little orange flap piece doesn't stay on at all!! The product didn't come with instructions and the box was masking taped together. I have a feeling this product had been previously returned for the same reasons I am giving it only one star. Very disappointed for the price I paid. the product is a waste and I dont have time before Christmas to return it and look for a new one. AND it didn't come with batteries.
on January 17, 2015
Loud, the music is annoying, hard for an under 12-month to understand and sit near yet reach, and you end up chasing the balls all over. The reason I gave it only 1 star is it sounds broken just after a few uses. The lever inside gets stuck and makes a terrible sound. I still need to contact FP about it. I found a much better-designed ball machine at a garage sale that my daughter loves.
6 people found this helpful
on November 11, 2016
My grandchildren, age 8 months and 10 months love this toy. However the volume is too loud. I am 62 years old, worked 40 years on an airplane and it's loud to me. Fisher-Price truly has to adjust the volume on all of their toys if I could dismantle it and still have it work I would. It's truly ridiculous that they think the volume has to be this loud for babies and toddlers. By compromise their hearing at such a young age?
3 people found this helpful