Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Baby's First Blocks
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Baby can sort and stack and learn to identify and match shapes
- Shape-sorting lid and 5 different shapes help build early identification skills
- 10 colorful blocks are easy to grasp, hold and store inside bucket
- Carry handle for take-along fun
- Interactive learning aid
There is a newer model of this item:
Also Available in Frustration-Free Packaging
This product is now available in easy-to-ship, easy-to-open packaging optimized for our customers. See the Amazon Certified Frustration-Free Packaging version.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Ten bright blocks are ready to introduce baby to shape-sorting fun! Baby can drop blocks into the open bucket…or through the shape-sorting lid! Filling the bucket with blocks, dumping them out, and starting over is great for eye-hand coordination and other early skills. Then baby can move on to sorting and stacking, learning about identifying and matching shapes while having fun! All ten blocks fit inside the bucket, with a carry-handle for easy take-along.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||QualityNLuxury Products||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||zamboo|
|Item Dimensions||5.51 x 8.46 x 5.51 in||6.1 x 6.1 x 5.9 in||14.2 x 16.5 x 18.1 in||6.46 x 6.22 x 6.22 in||7.8 x 10.5 x 7.5 in||6.3 x 6.7 x 6.5 in|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I did notice many complain about this toy. That didn't keep me back from buying it - I grew up with it and so should my children!! I ordered it and received one made in Mexico ( see attached pictures) there could be some sellers selling imitations or off brands that has dye running off it. I washed mine and saw none! Be careful with the seller you order this from and you should be good to go!! Be smart and get it, your baby will sure love it!
- blocks are "hollow" inside so that baby can easily pick them up by pinching the walls of the shape (rather than little hands having to try to grab the whole thing)
- by picking up with the outside lip of the shape they have more control to fit it in place
- bucket has nice round edges (improvement from old set)
- shapes have a pressed texture inside for extra tactile/sensory play - there is also a textured panel on the back of the bucket for interest (improvement from old set)
- brighter, more fun colors
- pieces can be stored in the bucket when not in use
- great price
- lid is way too easy to open and remove; my kid gets frustrated the piece doesn't fit and just cheats and takes the lid off to put it in there. I wish the lid were a bit more challenging to open to allow for deeper problem solving.
At first she would just play with the blocks, she didn't understand how to sort them into the correct slots. But now she is slowly starting to catch on. She can sort the circle and the square.
This toy is great for teaching coordination, colors, shapes and patience. My daughter gets easily frustrated if she can't figure something out right away and this has been a great help for that. I sit with her everyday and show her how to sort the blocks. When she gets frustrated I simply grab the block she's tossed aside, put it back into her hand and help her place the block into the correct slot. I repeat this over and over. It really has made a difference when it comes to her patience.
Overall, I highly recommend. The blocks are extremely easy for baby to grab (large lips), the bucket provides countless hours of fun alone, my daughter always carries two blocks with her around the house. Her favorite thing to do is crawl with a block in each hand.