BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pick of the week Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Baby's First Blocks
Style: Brilliant Basics Baby's First Blocks|Product Packaging: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

on September 22, 2016
This shape sorter is great. I read the reviews before I bought it, and almost didn't get it because one or two said how loose the top was. I thought back to when my girls were little, and I got them the shape sorter ball from Tupperware. It had way more shapes to sort and a handle on each end that was used to open it. You held both handles and pulled, and it came apart in the middle. I learned more from it that the girls did. One, that was too many different shapes for a little one, and two I had to open it cause they couldn't. The point here is this is easy to open, my eight month old can do it easily because the lid doesn't SNAP on. Second point, there are 5 shapes, and that's enough to start with. One of the best things is there's two of each shape. We're showing her where the first one goes and since she has the second one, she's learning to fit it in the same hole! Little ones need something simple that's easy to operate by themselves. This is it.
Enthusiast: Petson November 30, 2016
I bought this item as a donation for Toys For Tots, so it was not opened and I can not vouch for the quality of the paint, etc. It was delivered very quickly and the price is great. This is one of those toys that never goes "out of style" with babies. I think I had one as a child, got one for my son when he was a baby, and have given lots as gifts. This toy is great because it appeals to babies from infancy through toddlerhood. As infants they LOVE to mouth these doughnuts; there is something about them that infants love. So even before they understand the concept of sizing and stacking, it is an appealing toy. Then when they get somewhat older, you can demonstrate sizing and stacking and they enjoy watching you, and you can talk to the child as you are doing it. Finally,, the child is old enough to have the skills to be able to size and stack them herself. I have even seen older kids come along and nostalgically put these together quickly; older kids love to re-visit toys that are easy for them. Anyway I always get this as a present and when I was getting donations for Toys For Tots i made sure to put my favorite toy (wish I had one, lol) in with other gifts. It is a really healthy toy, as long (of course) that it is non-toxic, and I can not speak to that. Five stars for a toy that never gets old...
on August 23, 2016
This toy was a staple at my parents house when I was a kid. We had 3 of them at home! Without giving much thought this was one I was getting for my son! This is a great early education toy for my 7 month old son whose a really quick learner! I can't say he knows how to stack them yet, he's slowly getting there. For now he really enjoys toppling the tower and just playing with the rings. There are 5 of them, each a different basic primary color which is great for visual stimulation. They're really lightweight and of great quality - my son can even hold the largest ring with one hand! They clean like a breeze, just give them a quick wipe with a damp towel. This makes it especially easy for me as I'm really particular in cleaning my toys on a steady basis. My son loves this toy more than some of his play along toys with music. This is a real classic!! For this selling price you sure can't go wrong with it!!

I did notice many complain about this toy. That didn't keep me back from buying it - I grew up with it and so should my children!! I ordered it and received one made in Mexico ( see attached pictures) there could be some sellers selling imitations or off brands that has dye running off it. I washed mine and saw none! Be careful with the seller you order this from and you should be good to go!! Be smart and get it, your baby will sure love it!
review image review image review image review image review image
on October 17, 2017
My Granddaughter loved it! She played with it and all the different shapes. Even after taking it home with her my son said it was one of her favorite toys.
on October 18, 2017
Baby loves the donuts, especially the rattle donut on top. The base rocks back and forward, which makes it super hard for baby to put donuts on to it.
on October 18, 2017
grandson played with it a lot.
on October 16, 2017
My 14 month old loves this
6 month old likes it lol
on October 17, 2017
Perfect for my grandson.
My daughter received this for her 1st birthday and she has been playing with it everyday for over a month now. She absolutely loves this toy.
At first she would just play with the blocks, she didn't understand how to sort them into the correct slots. But now she is slowly starting to catch on. She can sort the circle and the square.

This toy is great for teaching coordination, colors, shapes and patience. My daughter gets easily frustrated if she can't figure something out right away and this has been a great help for that. I sit with her everyday and show her how to sort the blocks. When she gets frustrated I simply grab the block she's tossed aside, put it back into her hand and help her place the block into the correct slot. I repeat this over and over. It really has made a difference when it comes to her patience.

Overall, I highly recommend. The blocks are extremely easy for baby to grab (large lips), the bucket provides countless hours of fun alone, my daughter always carries two blocks with her around the house. Her favorite thing to do is crawl with a block in each hand.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.