Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,450 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,981 reviews
on September 22, 2016
This shape sorter is great. I read the reviews before I bought it, and almost didn't get it because one or two said how loose the top was. I thought back to when my girls were little, and I got them the shape sorter ball from Tupperware. It had way more shapes to sort and a handle on each end that was used to open it. You held both handles and pulled, and it came apart in the middle. I learned more from it that the girls did. One, that was too many different shapes for a little one, and two I had to open it cause they couldn't. The point here is this is easy to open, my eight month old can do it easily because the lid doesn't SNAP on. Second point, there are 5 shapes, and that's enough to start with. One of the best things is there's two of each shape. We're showing her where the first one goes and since she has the second one, she's learning to fit it in the same hole! Little ones need something simple that's easy to operate by themselves. This is it.
on October 28, 2016
This is a great classic little toy. My now 15-month-old daughter has been playing with it since she was about 8 months old. She loves filling up the bucket with the shapes and other things and dumping it out. She recently started taking the time to fit the shapes through the slots in the lid.
on September 28, 2016
I have watched my granddaughter and grandson play with this toy and I am glad that I bought it. My 3 year old grandson likes putting the blocks in the right spots. My 10 month old granddaughter is trying to figure it out. I love to watch her pick up each shape and study it. I show her where the blocks go and talk about the shapes. I think she is learning from this toy. I am having fun with it too. She seems to discover something new about the toy each time she plays with it. Cool.
on October 31, 2016
My twins have been playing with this since about 10 months and they are 15 months now. They started out dumping everything and carrying it around like a purse. Then putting thing in and out of it and playing it like a drum. They finally now are trying to put the shapes through the removeable lid but they haven't mastered it yet so expect they will want to play with it for several more months. That's good longevity for a baby toy!
on January 8, 2017
A classic, and much better for babies than wooden blocks. These blocks are light, colorful, and durable. They don't hurt people or pets when thrown or damage wood floors like wooden blocks can do. The box is interesting for babies and toddlers and they will like putting other things in it and carrying it around. You can teach colors and shapes with it, obviously, stacking, plus how to clean up after yourself - with lots of patience, please, no baby learns these things without lots and lots of repetition. The blocks are light enough to gently place on baby's head or your own to demonstrate balancing - a favorite game with my baby. He loves it when I balance one on my nose and pretend to sneeze so the block falls off. He's 14 months now and has loved this toy for months. I agree with others that the lid should not snap on but be easy for the littlest babies to play with. They will learn to use the lid "properly" with time and patience and in the mean time not have to deal with a frustrating toy. I like how the little hole in each block is the same shape as the block. We are already using them like a spy glass and may be stringing them one day, or playing with play dough with them.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon June 2, 2016
Fisher Price has always been good to me and I have trusted their products always. I sent this basket and shape toy to my great-grandchildren who live in another state. I always like to send things from companies I have faith in. This is a sturdy toy that helps to teach shapes and will be fun for both children. I have seen several other little ones enjoy this toy. I am sure my little ones will as well.
on August 15, 2017
I don't know what it is about this toy but my 10-month-old is OBSESSED with it! Almost every single family we know with babies around the same age all have the same toy and, oddly enough, every baby has his or her own favorite shape - my son goes for the blue circle every.single.time. Although he's still too young to understand putting the proper shapes into the bucket through the lid, he enjoys clinking these shapes together and batting them across the floor. The bucket is a nice size for him to be able to grab himself and toss around. This is a must-have for any baby that can sit independently and wants to develop their motor skills!
on September 28, 2016
We love this toy. We were a little concerned about the top not staying on but this has turned out to be a blessing - she loves to dump the toy over so all the shapes will fall out. I'm not sure if this is great for everyone but, we have no complaints. However, the sticker on the front does NOT wash. It didn't make it through the first bath unscathed so, it doesn't look as nice as it originally did but she doesn't seem to mind! Would recommend!
on February 6, 2017
Unfortunately, the lid doesn't secure itself. I know that's probably so the child can easily remove it but I mean it just rests on top without snapping or anything. My son doesn't play with this much. He has two other shape matching cubes and he likes those a lot more.
on November 1, 2016
There needs to be a way to easily keep the top "locked" so the first attempts are not just removing the top and placing shapes in the bucket. It's taken a few months for her to want to keep it on. Began about 12/13 months and she's now 17. I removed the 2 more complicated shapes until she was ready. Used the circle, square and triangle until that was mastered first.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.