Fisher-Price Create and Learn Apptivity Case, Blue
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Made to protect the iPad 1, 2 and HD
- Lets kids enjoy their very own apps while protecting mom or dad's device
- Sized just right for kids to hold
- Includes a stylus and 13 double sided augmented reality cards for use with free app
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Clear, Protective Screen Helps Keep Your iPad Safe
You can feel good letting your child play with your iPad in the Create and Learn Apptivity Case. It’s covered by a clear protective screen made with patented Otterbox technology that protects against drips, sticky fingers, and scratches. Furthermore, because it’s from Fisher-Price, you know it’s durable and built to last.
When you download the free Create and Learn app, your child can choose from three different modes of play. In Learn mode, kids can make their way through the alphabet and use the attached stylus and unique fonts to practice writing letters and words. In Create mode, they can explore their artistic side by using the art tools to color, do puzzles, or draw. And when they choose Explore mode, they discover fun facts from A to Z just by pressing a button. Kids will stay engaged for hours as they learn their ABCs and fun facts, practice their fine motor skills, discover cause and effect, and more. The real magic of the Create and Learn app happens with the 13 double-sided alphabet cards that are included. Set a card down behind the case and see the butterfly actually flutter or the helicopter lift off the ground and fly around. Each 3-D image will come to life. Your kids will be amazed — and want to make the “magic” happen again and again (AR features require an iPad with camera).
- Clear protective screen helps keep your iPad safe
- Use with any app or download our free Create and Learn App, available in the Appstore
- Attached stylus
- Includes 13 double-sided alphabet cards
- Available in two different colors
From the Manufacturer
This protective case, designed for boys, is for the iPad 1, 2 and HD that includes a stylus and 13 double sided augmented reality cards that when combined with a free downloadable app specifically designed for this case, unlocks a variety of learning and creative activities. The play is focused around the use of the stylus for writing and art activities and uses the latest augmented reality technology to bring augmented reality (AR) cards to life. The app contains three main modes (Explore, Learn and Create). These modes include a variety of interactive activities (2D and 3D), writing activities and creative activities. The case is available in two different styles.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
We have had the case a little over a month and despite her throwing it, punching it and dropping it repeatedly, it has held up great. I love the fact that it had a removable stylus and the case made the iPad heavier. Even for an average pre-schooler, this is actually good because it means that they are less likely to chuck it when frustrated (which is wont to happen even for an average child), or at least without as much force.
My daughter is very good at figuring out child proof locks (she was opening child proof medicine bottles at 2) and the locks on this case are still beyond her, so she is not able to remove the iPad from the case.
The iPad still works as well in the case as it does without the case, which was something I was not sure about as well and was happy to see was not a problem.
In short, I am impressed. We needed this iPad to help with therapy for our son (autistic), but were nervous that she would break the iPad. The case has held up to her, and if it can hold up to her, it WILL hold up to your child.
I was also hooked by the educational aspect--the flashcards, the handwriting/letters app, the included (detachable) stylus--that my four-year old could utilize. And I really liked the fact that it had an attached stand that could rotate to either landscape or portrait mode, and that the on/off switch, volume controls, and home button were easily accessible (unlike the earlier versions of iPad cases that Fisher-Price had previously attempted). Sold! A good deal all-around, so I thought.
I sincerely liked everything I stated above about this case. I didn't mind that there was no opening for the recharging port because it was very easy to take the iPad in and out of it. I would only need to charge it once a day anyway, overnight. I didn't care in the least that it's quite heavy and bulky because hey, that's what makes it such good protection when used by little ones. But what I just could not live with was the horrible, horrible bubbling of the screen protector. Honestly, I let my four year old and eight month old use it to see if it bothered them as well and guess what--it really obstructs the ease of use of the iPad. The bubbling--which is impossible to smooth out or get rid of at ALL--renders the view screen unreadable and unwatchable in big patches because of all the shadowing and light reflection that results off of the bubbles. And even worse, the bubbling also hinders the responsiveness of the touchscreen. My four year old, who is quite adept at using our other iPads which have no screen protectors, had an extremely hard time using the iPad while encased in this contraption. It would not register a lot of her touches on the screen because the darn bubbling would get in the way. And when I had her try out the stylus to practice her handwriting...well, forget about that! Virtually impossible.
It does have the official Otterbox symbol on the box so I had high hopes...again, my daughter uses an Otterbox on her school-issued iPad Air...but the clear screen protector on that Otterbox is so good, it's practically invisible. Yes, it's that good.
So in the end I returned this item.
1. Strong! Our iPad fell from a highchair with significant impact to floor in this, and it lives through it with not even a scratch!!
2. Love the handle, perfect for me to carry and my son's little hands to hold.
3. LOVE the app, works well with the cards. My son LOVESSSS the app. He especially loves the 3D ABC activity. (App is free with purchase of this case, go to app store and download. To unlock without paying extra, use the key card included in the deck that comes with the iPad)
4. Love that it has a stand so my son doesn't have to hold it.
5. Love the access openings to sleep and volume buttons from the back of the case.
1. Poor plastic cover (bit bubbly)
2. Not as sensitive to touch as I'd like. This is a problem for my 2yo son who isn't as strong as adults when touching/ pressing the touch screen (most of the time it needs some pressure to respond)
3. Card container lid keeps falling off (again poor design).
All in all I am happy with this case. I think the pros surpasses the cons.