Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 303 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 336 reviews
TOP 100 REVIEWERon January 25, 2013
Jake and the Neverland Pirates is not a series just for Boys. Both of my girls (ages 3 and 5) love it. They run around the house pretending to be pirate princesses and all the other characters all the time. They also love all the toys.

Hook's Jolly Roger Pirate Ship is a must have companion to Jake's Musical Pirate Ship Bucky. It is sturdy and substantial and can take a beating. It is also super fun for my girls. It comes with Captain Hook and it accommodates extra Jake characters that my girls have collected (or Doc McStuffins, or Strawberry Shortcake, or whoever else wants to go for a boat ride). It has a trap door for characters to fall through. It has a water cannon that is fun and easy to use, but not too dangerous as many projectile toys have been in the past. It is also nice that the water ball projectiles are compatible with all the other cannons on the other Jake toys. There are also plenty of little plastic pegs that go in holes on each characters foot to keep them in place in various parts of the ship. The extra water balls also store neatly right in the captain's quarters. These little features all make for a nice design.

The most amazing part about all the Jake toys is how much my girls love playing with them. The toys keep them entertained for long periods of time. They are the only toys that will keep our 3-year-old out of our hair so we can get a much needed break.

The only negative thing I can say about the Jolly Roger is that is much smaller than Bucky, which isn't the case on the TV Series, but it is much cheaper than Bucky and much bigger than the tiny Hook's Battle Boat, which is way to small to do much with. All that being said, the kids don't even notice.

Long story short, Jake toys are lifesavers in our house by giving our girls hours of fun. We buy all the Jake toys and this one is a must have, especially if you already have Bucky. Five Stars! Highly Recommended!

Here are links to the other Jake toys that we have purchased:
Jake's Musical Pirate Ship Bucky - http://www.amazon.com/review/R1PFE58NJ7J74E/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm
Hook's Adventure Rock - http://www.amazon.com/review/R2XX7XMG3EOABA/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm
Skull Island - http://www.amazon.com/review/R3QZHEH4747U0M/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 21, 2015
Oh my gosh!! 100% CUTE! CUTE!! CUTE!! I am giddy at how well this ship is made. It's super cute and 3-year-old proof. If you have a Jake fan in your house this is hands down the cutest toy! It is sturdy and substantial and can take a beating.This arrives with Captain Hook, we already have everyone else so play time is super fun. Watching the kids send the characters through the trap door is so funny. Such imaginations!! There is a water cannon that shoots out these 'water' cannon sticks. They do not shoot out far or very fast so it's not a dangerous projectile toy. I like the canons fit the other Jake toys. There is even a spot to keep the cannons with the ship. LOVE the little pegs through out the ship that hold the characters in place. The pegs fit the hole in the foot of the characters.
Alice has so much fun with her Jake the Pirate sets and I get a break!!
on December 11, 2015
I bought this toy as a gift for my toddler. Hook's Jolly Roger Pirate Ship is a little smaller compared to Jake's Pirate Adventure Bucky. My son has the Jake pirate ship so i bought this to go with it. Hooks Pirate ship seems pretty sturdy. I really like the working cannon and it was one of the reasons i bought it. The Jolly Roger pirate ship can pretend battle with Jake's Pirate Adventure Bucky ship because it also has a working cannon. The only Cons i can really see so far about Hooks Pirate ship is the smaller size. Would be a 5 star review if there was just a little more room on the ship. My son enjoys this toy a lot. The secret trap door is one of his favorite things about the ship. Our family really enjoys the Jake And the Neverland Pirates series and we are very happy to have added this to our collection. It will bring many hours of play and fun, and i expect it to hold up well. I would recommend this toy for boys and girls that like the show.
on January 3, 2015
Got it on sale at a brick and mortar store and it was a good deal. Actually picked it because it's medium sized and not full of bells and whistles like the larger Jake ship, which seems to have sounds coming whenever you pressed any of the many buttons. I think the Hook pirate ship leaves more to the imagination. Plus the sail has the skull and crossbones design, which I think looks cooler and could work with any pirate adventures, not just Disney branded ones. My twin three-year olds have been having a great time playing with it.

One big downside to the toy is that the trapdoor is too loose, so if you put any character on it, they fall through. So I used some of the twine that comes from the packaging to stitch the trapdoor together so that characters can stand on top of the trapdoor (it's where the boat's steering wheel is) without falling. I'll gladly trade the loss of the trapdoor function for the ability to pretend to have action figures steering the boat. One other negative is that the cannon shoots hard plastic at a pretty rapid speed, so I had to take away the water darts (or whatever they're called) for the time being to avoid the possibility of my twins getting hurt by them.
on February 10, 2016
As described, it's a bit tiny compared to our Jake boats (Buckey and Colossus) though and more than I expected. Trap door at the steering wheel drops character to below where they are imprisoned in a cage. Only pieces that seem to fall off often in play are the flag at top and the cannon doesn't hold on to well but it shoots well.
on July 16, 2016
At first glance we loved it, and my two year old son loved it even more. It was a bit bigger than we expected, so that was a plus! BUT, the canon that is supposed to shoot the water balls is broken. One of the main points of fun on this and it doesn't work.
The only other thing, I wish it had come with at least one other figurine.
on May 1, 2013
When I ordered this, I was like "this is going to be the biggest rip-off ever" and I'm paying for the Jake/pirates name. But when I opened it up (while my 2.5 year old was sleeping), I was actually pretty blown away by the quality and all the fun features of this toy. We don't have Bucky, but she was thrilled to death with this. The trap door is so cute and I love how you can place the cannon different places on the boat. The plank was exciting to me, but she didn't care too much about that. As it only came with one figure, she immediately said "where are the others?" - but I told her they are out on an adventure, and we used our Little People and other little figures as Hook's victims, and she was totally cool with that. My credit card is bracing for the next purchase of real Jake figures though...lol I love the size of this boat too. I thought it was going to be huge and annoying and just another piece of plastic - but it's actually just the right size and it really is great quality! The water shooter things will definitely be lost in 2 seconds, but they're really fun while they last. I just feel bad for our dogs...
on March 16, 2017
This pirate ship is perfect Duce fir my little nephew. He loves pirates ESP Jake.
on January 2, 2017
If you've already got Bucky, this ship is smaller. On the show, the Jolly Roger is bigger. I was a little disappointed but it didn't seem to bother my son. It only comes with Captain Hook and doesn't really do anything special. I feel it's a little highly priced for what it is. My son still loves it though. Jake and the Neverland Pirates is his favorite.
on March 11, 2015
My 3 year old son loves Jake and the Neverland Pirates and after meeting Hook at Disneyland, he was really excited to get this boat from Santa. It's small which makes it easy to maneuver around the room and it has some fun little extras like a trap door, hidden plank and water cannons. He was especially excited that it came with hook. My only complaint is that the cannon, which is designed to be able to move to different places on the ship, comes off really easy. So does the flag on top. Other than that...it's been lot's of fun.