Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 73 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 117 reviews
on January 25, 2015
The first one ordered was missing a part so we had to return it. The second one arrived with another missing part, so the telescope never worked, but we decided to just deal with it. My son has been playing with this toy a reasonable amount since Christmas. He has also not been hard on it, just playing with it the way the manufacturer intends. Since Christmas the elevator AND gun have broken. At this point, Batman and Robin can pretty much have coffee together in the jail since they can't get to another floor except by hang glider (which seems excessive even for Batman). Thank goodness the set doesn't come with villains because they would sweep in and take over the Bat Cave with our superheroes pitiful defenses. Based on the good reviews from a few years ago maybe this used to be a quality toy, but not anymore. In sum, an outrageous price for a piece of garbage.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 25, 2013
I don't know if this was the fault of the fisher price or reseller, but my son finally unwrapped this package on Christmas Day, only to find missing pieces, or non functional. There were no instructions so I had to make educated guesses and use box pictures to figure out where items went. In doing so I noticed that the base was missing from the yellow roof lookout and the left yellow bar above the door in front of the red cannon (you can see that there is a screw hole). As a result the purple door just flaps, but won't stay open. To make matters worse, the elevator doesn't rise when the plate is turned. Apparently others have had this issue as we'll and a quick google search will show that there are some instructions to fix the elevator over at fixya. If it was not for the fact that I threw away the packaging and my son doesn't know any better at 2. I would return this quick. Buyer beware.
on January 5, 2012
UPDATE: Robin doesn't come with a cape. My almost 3-year-old (who is playing with it now) makes the comparison between Batman's cape and Robin's no-cape all the time and he seems disappointed or at least intrigued by it. We managed to cut a piece of cloth from a camera lens wipe (similar material), and he just loves it now. So much so, that we got an extra set of Batman and Robin (and added another cape).

2nd UPDATE: If you happen to need replacement parts (Batman, Robin, etc.), Mattel actually has some parts available on their site.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I gave this 4 stars because my 6-year-old still loves it. Part of me wonders if it's because of all the hyped-up commercials he saw about it during the holiday season. I think it's really a 3-star toy.

There's very little assembly required, which is nice. Batteries are included and installed. But most of the movable pieces aren't that durable. Doors, retractable walls and projectiles work sometimes and get stuck other times. It doesn't seem to bother my son, who only occasionally asked for help with a door or projectile.

My son's biggest disappointment was the fact that the Joker wasn't included. They show him in the commercials, but it's clear on the box (and the online description) that he's not included. I would recommend tracking one down as a companion gift to avoid any problems.

Overall, a decent toy with some cool features and accessories, but a few flaws that some kids might not mind too much.
on December 6, 2012
I bought this for my 5 year old who loves Batman. We've had it 4 months now and have not had any of the problems I have seen from some of the negative reviews. We have a ton of Imaginext toys and had already had a few of the smaller batman sets so no coming with the bad guy didnt not matter to us. Plus, it tells you in the description what it comes with, so there is no need to be upset when it doesnt come with something it never said it had.

I have not had any problems with this. It is sturdy and my son is constantly playing with it. He loves it.

And the Amazon frustration free packaging was awesome. There was nothing for me to do when taking it out of the package. It was together, batteries were in, and ready to play. No hassles with boxes, zip ties, twist ties or anything else.

The only downfall to me is the price. They seem a little high to me, but it is still worth it to see the joy my son gets out of playing with it.
on December 30, 2012
Let me start by saying that my 3 year old son LOVES this toy! This was the toy he had been talking about for a couple months hoping that Santa would bring him. Santa delivered and he loves it. I was however a little dissapointed in the quality of the parts, I hoped they would move a little easier and would be a little more durable. There is a piece missing that holds the telescope in place according to the picture on the box. We returned it and got another one and the same piece was missing. Not sure why it is pictured and not included but the telescope doesn't really fit and go through the top well which my son gets frustrated over.

Overall, he still enjoys playing with the batcave. We bought the imaginex batman villain set to go with it and he is usually happy with it.
on November 22, 2013
Got this two years ago and my grandson still plays with it. Once a Batman, always a Batman, The cave has some cute features such as the light, a secret door, a jail and an elevator - which broke after a few weeks - and comes with Batman and Robin. A little cartoonish for a serious Bat cave, but young kids don't mind. Large and colorful, and a bit overpriced as are all comic licensed toys, but if the kids like it it's worth it. Better price than at Walmart and most stores were out of stock month before Christmas the year this came out, but Amazon came through.
on January 3, 2012
My boys (ages 2,4 and 5) love Batman and have been asking for this toy since October. It was a Christmas present. They were very excited to open it. They really enjoy playing with it.

However, there are a lot of little pieces that come with the toy that I did not expect. The picture shows all the smaller pieces attached but we had to do that ourselves. The red gun, the telescope, the yellow doors. The "computer" piece just sits in the cave. There is not a slot that is fits into. So it tends to fall out when the boys are busy moving the elevator or opening the jail.

I would still buy this for my boys but I wish I had known about all the extra little pieces that have to be dealt with.
on December 26, 2012
What a disappointment overall.

When a toy intentionally comes without any instructions anywhere - inside the package, online, on a website - and doesn't make it incredibly clear where each piece goes and/or how to activate every secret amenity or passageway it's a major disappointment. The purpose of the toy is to use the secrets against the bad guys, not have to find the secret options yourself.

Sending it back, sadly. We really wanted this to work.

Had we liked this toy it would have lasted forever. Seems well constructed.
on January 3, 2012
From the moment I saw the Batcave I knew that my little boy would absolutely love it. He has basically not stopped playing with it. We did manage to get a few extra characters to go with it but as far as imaginative play and entertainment value go I couldn't recommend it enough.

I should also note that having struggled to buy this in the UK, (most stores sold out in the run up to Christmas and consequently the few that were left were being sold at around 4 * the RRP)the seller provided a fantastic service. It was with me within a week with absolutely no issues and I'd have no hesitation in purchasing through them again.
on December 25, 2012
My almost four year old is crazy about batman and out of the box loved this toy. My only problem with it is it was missing a piece and the string drawn elevator does not work (I have fixed it numerous times, but it always comes of the tracks after one time up or down). Agree with other reviews this is a cool toy with issues with the working parts. Overall my son does not care about the imperfections in construction and packaging but I am not sure. I would buy another similar product from this company.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.