Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 928 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,193 reviews
on January 1, 2012
My wife and I purchased this play mat for our 3 month old daughter, Maggie, and she absolutely loves it. Previously, Maggie would need to be constantly held, but now she will happily spend over an hour or more kicking and playing on this gym. Also, her hand-eye coordination has improved dramatically. I have included a short video of her playing on this gym for the first time. Highly recommended!!
33 comments| 171 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2017
I did not get the product in the photo/description. I wanted the continued model as my son liked that one better then the new model (the toys are smaller and cheaper) and I got the new model not the one the company states they are selling. Buyer beware you are not getting the product that they are advertising.
on May 29, 2014
I purchased this Kick and Play Piano Gym because of the kick piano. My soon to be 3 month old son kicks alot. I must say this exceeded all expectations. Set up was simple and when he was in it he quickly understood that his feet made music. He loves to stare at his reflection in the mirror and he kicks the piano starting really slowly and then building some serious speed with his tiny legs. It keeps him entertained for about 15 mins or thereabout but I can't really expect any toy to keep his attention any longer that that at his age.

It is also fairly compact compared to other larger square jungle gyms and with limited space at home this feature was a big plus for me.

I have two older kids and I cannot remember any toy when they were 3 months old that was such a huge hit as this one. If your baby kicks up a storm this toy is definitely worth it.

The only downside is that I wished there was one more higher volume setting. With two other very active and noisy kids in the background, the music from the piano doesn't seem loud enough but this is really a minor issue.

All in all I am completely happy with this purchase and give it 5 Stars!
on June 1, 2015
This activity mat kept my son occupied from the first week till he was about a year old and we had to finally put it away when he started to use it as a climbing stool! Now that's some solid bang for your buck. I love how versatile it is, and how it really grows with your child. When he was an infant, he just loved the mirror. Then as he got bigger, he would swat at the toys. And when the kicking started, that piano was his favorite. And once he was big enough, we ditched everything but the piano, and it swiveled to where he could sit and bang on it with his hands. This was a definite keeper, one of the few things I carefully cleaned and folded away for any future babies. And I've already bought it several times for friend's baby showers! Great purchase!
on June 5, 2014
I wish I'd had this when my baby was first born because my 2 month old went nuts when he first tried it then outgrew it by 3 months because he was an early back to front roller. BUT I detached the piano (this was no easy feat*) and set it next to his bigger gym. When you swivel the piano and then tilt it to the floor, it rests at a 45 degree angle. When he's on his back in his bigger gym, sometimes he plays it with his hands or I put it by his feet and he kicks away at it. I just rest it against my bumbo or something so that it doesn't move too much. He can't sit up on his own yet, but I do prop him up in my lap and he likes to play it. The toys on the gym are really, really high quality - I also moved those to my bigger gym mat and they are his favorites to play with. So only the yellow bar and actual mat piece and green mat arms aren't being used right now. When my baby can sit up on his own, I may pull the mat and mat arms back out so that he can sit with the piano propped up securely. I'm glad I bought it because my first child loves it and I plan to have more. If you don't plan to have more kids, and your baby is already 6 months or so, then another piano or similar sit up product might be better.

*The green ends on the piano each have these 4 knobs that snap into the green base - the long arms you see that connect the piano to the yellow bar. They are very secure! Each knob needed a screwdriver stuck in either side of it to pry it out of the base. So I was sticking 8 screwdrivers in at one to finally wriggle it out. Then I had to do that to the other side. Next time I put it together I will not push it down until it snaps - I think it's secure enough even when not quite "in" all the way.
on July 31, 2014
This is one toy I would recommend every parent to get. I became a dad of twins and decided to buy this on black Friday which came two months before my twins. This is their favorite toy and they both fight over this. The twins are now 8 months old and this is one toy they have consistently played with throughout without getting bored of it. When they were not sitting, they used to lay on their backs and we had the piano vertical for them to kick on it. The mirror on the top sits in a way that they can see the lights illuminate from the mirror. That kept them amused. Now that they are sitting, we have the piano in a horizontal position and they love sitting and banging their hands on it to get the music and lights to play. I have yet to change the battery on it so it does last long and has survived the play time from the twins up till now. There are a couple of settings for music. One is a longer music note and the other plays a shorter note. The songs are different on both settings. This is perfect for tummy time as well when they are first starting to crawl and lifting themselves. The protection on the bottom is not much to protect head bumps so you will have to use a towel or a soft blanket to prevent falls when they are starting to move a little.
on January 21, 2014
I got this for my (at the time) 3 month old son - my only complaint is for myself - I wish I would have gotten it sooner.
He was a kicker since before he was born and as soon as I laid him down with his feet facing the piano he was hooked. This is by far one of the best purchases I made for him.

When I first opened this and put it together, the mirror was hanging down facing away from him (which I had read about in another review saying that it was made wrong). I figured I could safety pin the cloth to the top so it was facing the right way - no big deal - but then I discovered that the part that latches into the bottom actually moves...so all I had to do was take it out, twirl the latches, and hook it back in. Problem solved. Only mentioning that in case someone else has that problem!

It's easy to put together, and easy to take apart so the play mat can be washed. My son didn't like to be by himself so the jumpers wouldn't occupy him for very long. This toy kept him busy for sometimes 20 minutes at a time, which for some people might not seem like a lot, but if you have a baby who wants you all the time, 20 minutes is a lot! I have so many videos of him having a conversation with himself in the mirror and kicking like crazy. He liked this toy until he could roll over onto his belly. He wasn't very interested in the tummy time part of it, and now that he is sitting up and crawling he isn't very interested in the piano, which is fine - he's got other toys he likes better. This one hasn't got any use for a couple months (he's 9 months old now) but I can't get myself to let go of it because I want one for the next baby. I would recommend this to anyone - especially if your baby is a kicker. Get it when they are a month or so old though so it gets good use out of it. I bought it when it was $48 ($10 more than it is now) but I would still spend the $48 in a heartbeat for this.
on January 2, 2014
We had a regular play mat, but my son wasn't very interested in it. When we tired this one, he love it. He is almost 4 months and loves kicking the piano keys. The toys that hang from bar are at the perfect length for him to see, reach and play with. It was simple to put together and it's good quality. And since it grows to use as piano when the kiddos can sit up well, etc., you get more for your money. My only complaint, is that it's not too easy to store unless you want to take it a part each time you use. It's sort of an awkward shape. However, that doesn't really bother me because as you know with infants, your house looks like a toy store any way :)
on August 25, 2015
This was great! My youngest son loooooved this play mat right from the start! He got super excited when he'd kick and make music and later, when he could sit up, he'd bang his little hands on the piano. We loved how portable it was and that we could detach the piano portion and take just that with us or, when he spit up (as babies have a habit of doing), we could use a different blanket under it, unlike the play mats with arches that attach directly to the blanket. It was also very durable. We have 3 rough, tough boys and the two older ones would often help themselves to it when their baby brother wasn't using it. It was usually used as some sort of army vehicle or a makeshift Death Star... either way, it was never done gently and yet, it was still in great enough shape to be re-sold after a year of use :-)
on February 20, 2014
I would recommend this play mat. It comes with more hanging toys than pictured, (four in addition to the attached mirror you see in the picture.)

Pros: It's durable. There is no fear of my baby hurting herself pulling on the toys in the toy bar.
Two of the removable toys can be adjusted for height on the toy bar, making it easier for baby to reach.
Adjustable toy bar positioning allows toys to be overhead for back-lying or upright sitting positions, and on the floor for tummy-lying position.
Low and high volume options are nice for those who like a more quiet toy.
Two music settings to make the keyboard sounds more interesting.
Easy assembly.
Cloth mat can be removed for cleaning.

Cons: The padding on the mat could be thicker and thus more comfortable. If you have carpet, this may not be an issue. For those using this item on hard flooring, it's a bit thin. But, hey, a non-slip cushion underneath could solve this problem easily (as long as you are not bothered by having to move it if you move the mat often.)
The toys are thick for little bitty hands to grasp and hold. Only one toy has a ring at the bottom (where baby can grasp from the back-lying position.) This makes the toys a little difficult to control for smaller babies. Probably not an issue for older babies as much.

Overall, it's a good quality product that has been well designed in the details.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.