Lyft BCA Month Beauty Ali: A Life Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pick of the week Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on October 14, 2012
I'm a first-time mom and pretty crunchy. I wanted to engage my child with only open-ended play, buy natural toys made from organic wood, and never let her watch tv.

About 8 months in, I realized toys are for parents, to give you a break. My daughter couldn't be less interested in the handmade vegetable-dyed wooden stacking bowls I bought on that crafty site, but this toy she loves. Yes, the songs can be annoying and I don't know whose idea it was to make the "Volume Up" button actually make the volume of the toy go up, but sometimes mommy just needs a break and my daughter will play with this toy for a solid 10 minutes of heaven. It has survived untold crashes on our hard floors and battery is still going strong. And hey, it recites numbers, it must have some educational value.
55 comments| 238 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I think this is a fine toy overall. My 7 month old son enjoys playing with it, pressing the buttons, and I think it will be a nice child foil for the "adult" remotes. But I had one BIG problem with it... the "VOLUME UP" button. This thing is quite loud already when you turn it on, and by pressing the "volume up" button (which is very easy to do by just having a child lay on it) it gets obscenely loud. Like, competitive with the real TV or stereo loud.

Well, I couldn't take it. So I opened it up with a screwdriver and took a look inside. It's a simple matter of just pulling out the rubber tab corresponding to the volume up button. No extra tools required, no real effort. I screwed it back together and now everything works fine EXCEPT for the "volume up" button. The remote defaults to its starting volume every time you turn it on with the switch, but now it never gets to brain-splitting volume, only the lower (but still rather loud) level.

With this simple mod, I think it's a good toy. The songs are still annoying. Maybe the "music" button will be next. If the remote lies on its face, it seems as though the music button stays pressed. We'll see...
1515 comments| 353 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2016
My daughter loves to play with everything that she shouldn't! Her favorite "toys" are her parent's cell phones and the TV remotes. We decided to try the Fisher Price cell phone and remote to grab her attention away from the adult versions.

This child's remote has four colored buttons at the top and a numeric key pad at the bottom. It has a light at the very top of the remote that lights up red when it sings and chimes. The colored buttons at the top correspond to a channel up and down button, a volume up and down button, a stop and play button, and a music button. Each button plays a variety of different tunes, phrases, and chimes. The remote has an on-off switch on the side. The speaker is on the back of the remote.

My daughter really likes this toy. It is the only toy that we have that will occupy her attention for more than a few minutes so that I can get things done around the house. She will push the buttons and bop along to the tunes. Because of the variety of different phrases and tunes, this is one of the few toys that doesn't become annoyingly repetitive. Of course it's been played with often enough that we know all of them by heart!

This toy has one major fault that has caused my husband and I to give it the nomiker, "satan's toy". The volume up and down button actually works to turn the volume up and down. Every other children's toy that we have for her has a parent-only control of the volume switch. This thing has a large button on the front that lets my daughter turn the volume up and down. By up and down, I mean up...because that is the only one of the two that she repetitively pushes. So the volume goes up, and up, and up. This gets pretty loud and with the speaker on the back and her holding it up, the speaker is usually blaring outward right into our direction. This is really not the best design feature.

Overall, though the volume issue is annoying, her love of this toy and the fact that it can occupy her long enough for me to fold a load of laundry leads me to recommend this to other parents. Just be prepared to step in frequently to turn the volume back down.
on April 14, 2016
I bought this for my son, because he was always trying to grab our TV remote, and even to just sit there and hold it while babbling. But he started to press buttons, and we then knew he couldn't keep playing with it, before he ordered something or cleared the DVR or worse. So when I searched for play remotes for him, I found this and it is perfect! I love Fisher-Price! Great products, great quality, and they are trusted, because they have been around FOREVER! This remote in particular is very similar to our actual tv remote, so that was already a huge plus for me! It's realistic with the red light on the top when you "change the channel". It has sounds and music, real buttons to push, and a cute voice. Our son is happy, and we're happy. Oh! I almost forgot to mention, the packaging is nice and compact, but the best part? IT CAME WITH BATTERIES IN IT!!!!! Christmas morning is already hectic enough as it is, before having to search for batteries! So this was GREATLY appreciated! I feel like that's pretty rare for companies to do that. Thank you so much Fisher-Price!!!
review image
The Fisher-Price Click ‘n Learn Remote was a gift for my almost one year old grandson. He has had this toy for four months and he still loves his remote as much as he likes playing with the real one. The Fisher-Price remote sings and plays songs, it is not too loud like some of his other toys and the songs are short, a big relief for both parents. At the age of one, his attention span is short so he only plays with it for about 5 minutes at a time, leaving it on the floor and moves on to the next noise-making toy. However, after a short time, when he sees the remote again, he will resume playing with it for another short period. He enjoys playing with the buttons that are easy to push. The biggest advantage for Mom is when my grandson comes across the real remote; she is able to trade his remote for the other without a fuss.

The Fisher-Price remote is durable and well made; a safe toy, no rough seams that could be harmful. Since he just turned one, he is more interested in listening to the songs and watching the lights, but as he gets a little older he will appreciate the educational benefits and understand the ‘talking’ buttons that help teach colors, numbers, shapes, and opposites; volume up and volume down, stop and go, on and off. Therefore, this toy will still be appropriate for a few more years.
on June 29, 2016
Our little guy is enamored with our remote controls...whether it's the cable remote control, the roku, the firestick, you name it. If it's a remote and it controls something....he wants it. So, I had a bright idea....I'll get him a remote of his own, so that when he goes for one of the actual remotes, he gets his own remote to play with instead.

This has worked pretty well, but at this point we've learned to just keep the other remotes out of sight and out of mind, and that's helped too.

This toy is pretty cutesy and each button has a function whether it's a noise, a color, or simply words to help your child build their vocabulary.
on October 19, 2016
This is a fun little remote. I purchased this for my baby - he's 10 months old right now and he likes playing with this remote. It takes 2 AAA batteries, which are included. The remote sings, lights up and talks. The remote itself is very durable and well made and can be thrown to the ground and chewed on and drooled on, on a daily basis without any damage. The buttons are all very easy to press for a baby. There is an on/off switch on the left side of the remote. The top of the remote lights up and around the face, there are four buttons, each with two functions. The top button is stop/go, the bottom button is two music songs, the left is channel up/down and the right is volume up/down. Then there are number buttons from 0-9. The remote is pretty darn loud, but he loves it. He dances to the songs and pushes the buttons over and over and over. It teachers numbers, animals, colors and opposites. The remote does help him with his fine motor skills. I would recommend this remote for a baby - probably at least 6 months so they have a little more control over holding it and they are not bashing their faces with the remote.
review image
on June 27, 2016
The good: Bought this remote when my 6 month old became intrigued by the remotes for the tv and stereo. We considered buying a cheap remote for the baby to play with; we decided this toy would be more of a long term option to keep her attention. We keep the toy remote with the real ones. The baby is satisfied by playing with this toy instead of the expensive remotes. This toy seems like it will last a long time.

The bad: This toy is a bit heavier than expected and we really wish the volume button was not so easy to control. Also, I wish the volume could go lower than it does. And like all kid toys, the songs are too catchy... we hate the songs...
on March 30, 2015
Okay, I'm really torn about the rating. This toy is really, really annoying. Since baby boy kept grabbing phones, remotes, keyboards, or anything else with buttons, I thought, "Yes, a toy with buttons and noise! Perfect!" Then it arrived, I heard that gratingly high voice sing, "I've got a remote, and I'm ready to roll..." and thought, "Oh my gosh, what have I done."

The good thing is, he LOVES it. He happily presses all the buttons, licks it, licks the buttons, and presses the buttons some more. He mashes the buttons to see how many things he can get it to say at once. Yay! Noise and buttons!

Now, I do like that the number buttons say the numbers aloud, which will probably help a lot when we begin counting. But a lot of the other buttons simply don't make sense. The channel button just spits out random phrases like, "Animals around the world! ROAR!" or "Sunny today, cloudy tomorrow!" With no images to go with it, I don't think the baby is going to realize he's supposedly changing to Animal World or the Weather Channel. And what's with "Today's shape is... circle!"? It would make sense if the matching shape lit up or flashed, but how is he going to learn the shape just by hearing the name?

However, the worst part is the volume button. Why, why, why would you give the baby the power over the volume? He's just happily mashing buttons, and next thing you know it's shrieking, "ONE! NINE! SEVEN! TODAY'S GAME IS... PATTY-CAKE! YAAAAY!" I was hoping it would make a good stroller toy, but I'm honestly afraid to take it out in public.

I want to be fair, though. This toy might grate on my nerves, but it's a hit with baby, and he's the person who really counts. So I'm giving it four stars. I just really, really look forward to when it finally dies.
on December 11, 2016
I got this for my cousin's 1 yr old kid. I thought it was the perfect present cause I don't have kids and don't know much about them but i figured they're always playing with remotes and cell phones so why not get her this? Turns out it wasn't that brilliant of an idea...First of all, I didn't bother to get her the "frustration free" packaging cause it pissed me off that they actually charge more for this (i mean wtf why isn't ALL the packaging "frustration free"?). Of course, after the kid unwrapped it no joke, it took me like 40 mins just to get it free of the unbelievably frustrating packaging. They encase this thing in LAYERS UPON LAYERS of unbreakable plastic and i had to try like 5 different pairs of scissors on it!

As for the toy itself? The kid seemed to like the noises it made buy my cousin didn't seem too thrilled with it... In fact, she took it from her kid pretty quickly and put on the mantle where she couldn't reach it and since then, i haven't seen it. I'm pretty sure she found it too obnoxious.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.