Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer STEM Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 1,998 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,331 reviews
on October 14, 2012
I'm a first-time mom and pretty crunchy. I wanted to engage my child with only open-ended play, buy natural toys made from organic wood, and never let her watch tv.

About 8 months in, I realized toys are for parents, to give you a break. My daughter couldn't be less interested in the handmade vegetable-dyed wooden stacking bowls I bought on that crafty site, but this toy she loves. Yes, the songs can be annoying and I don't know whose idea it was to make the "Volume Up" button actually make the volume of the toy go up, but sometimes mommy just needs a break and my daughter will play with this toy for a solid 10 minutes of heaven. It has survived untold crashes on our hard floors and battery is still going strong. And hey, it recites numbers, it must have some educational value.
55 comments| 236 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon January 31, 2012
This is a super cute toy remote that basically teaches your child the purpose of a remote control. The little songs are catchy and the voice is not too annoying.

Features of the remote:

Number keys: When pressed, voice states the number. If you press the same one twice, a little sound plays instead.

Volume button: Can either press up or down and remote will tell you "volume up" or "volume down".

Channel button: Can "change the channel" either by going up or down. Various "channels" are announced when you do such as weather, shape of the day, and the colorful music show.

Play and Stop button: Voice will say either "Go" or "Stop"

Music button: Play various cute little songs such as "Changing channels is such fun", "Check out colors", "Turn the music high or low", and "I've got a remote"

If you don't press anything for a few seconds, a few more phrases are revealed: "Back after these messages", "woohoo this is fun", "today's game is pat-a-cake", "animals around the world.".

My one year old loves his little remote. The only negative thing I would say about it is that the volume button actually adjusts the volume, so your child will have control over this. I would prefer to keep the volume low at all times, but it never gets too obnoxious. Other than that, this is a great toy!
0Comment| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2016
My 1 year old likes it. I bought it because he likes to play the game of "making a phone call".
And now we can play this game a lot. He pretends he is on the phone which always makes me smile.
He used to play my remote a lot, and now my remote got rescued.
I uploaded a photo so you can have better idea. Please click "yes" if you find it's helpful. Thank you.
review image
on October 14, 2016
My daughter loves to play with everything that she shouldn't! Her favorite "toys" are her parent's cell phones and the TV remotes. We decided to try the Fisher Price cell phone and remote to grab her attention away from the adult versions.

This child's remote has four colored buttons at the top and a numeric key pad at the bottom. It has a light at the very top of the remote that lights up red when it sings and chimes. The colored buttons at the top correspond to a channel up and down button, a volume up and down button, a stop and play button, and a music button. Each button plays a variety of different tunes, phrases, and chimes. The remote has an on-off switch on the side. The speaker is on the back of the remote.

My daughter really likes this toy. It is the only toy that we have that will occupy her attention for more than a few minutes so that I can get things done around the house. She will push the buttons and bop along to the tunes. Because of the variety of different phrases and tunes, this is one of the few toys that doesn't become annoyingly repetitive. Of course it's been played with often enough that we know all of them by heart!

This toy has one major fault that has caused my husband and I to give it the nomiker, "satan's toy". The volume up and down button actually works to turn the volume up and down. Every other children's toy that we have for her has a parent-only control of the volume switch. This thing has a large button on the front that lets my daughter turn the volume up and down. By up and down, I mean up...because that is the only one of the two that she repetitively pushes. So the volume goes up, and up, and up. This gets pretty loud and with the speaker on the back and her holding it up, the speaker is usually blaring outward right into our direction. This is really not the best design feature.

Overall, though the volume issue is annoying, her love of this toy and the fact that it can occupy her long enough for me to fold a load of laundry leads me to recommend this to other parents. Just be prepared to step in frequently to turn the volume back down.
on April 14, 2016
I bought this for my son, because he was always trying to grab our TV remote, and even to just sit there and hold it while babbling. But he started to press buttons, and we then knew he couldn't keep playing with it, before he ordered something or cleared the DVR or worse. So when I searched for play remotes for him, I found this and it is perfect! I love Fisher-Price! Great products, great quality, and they are trusted, because they have been around FOREVER! This remote in particular is very similar to our actual tv remote, so that was already a huge plus for me! It's realistic with the red light on the top when you "change the channel". It has sounds and music, real buttons to push, and a cute voice. Our son is happy, and we're happy. Oh! I almost forgot to mention, the packaging is nice and compact, but the best part? IT CAME WITH BATTERIES IN IT!!!!! Christmas morning is already hectic enough as it is, before having to search for batteries! So this was GREATLY appreciated! I feel like that's pretty rare for companies to do that. Thank you so much Fisher-Price!!!
review image
on June 29, 2016
Our little guy is enamored with our remote controls...whether it's the cable remote control, the roku, the firestick, you name it. If it's a remote and it controls something....he wants it. So, I had a bright idea....I'll get him a remote of his own, so that when he goes for one of the actual remotes, he gets his own remote to play with instead.

This has worked pretty well, but at this point we've learned to just keep the other remotes out of sight and out of mind, and that's helped too.

This toy is pretty cutesy and each button has a function whether it's a noise, a color, or simply words to help your child build their vocabulary.
on June 27, 2016
The good: Bought this remote when my 6 month old became intrigued by the remotes for the tv and stereo. We considered buying a cheap remote for the baby to play with; we decided this toy would be more of a long term option to keep her attention. We keep the toy remote with the real ones. The baby is satisfied by playing with this toy instead of the expensive remotes. This toy seems like it will last a long time.

The bad: This toy is a bit heavier than expected and we really wish the volume button was not so easy to control. Also, I wish the volume could go lower than it does. And like all kid toys, the songs are too catchy... we hate the songs...
VINE VOICEon March 23, 2013
This is a fun little toy - others have described it well.

The key features I love:
- Off switch
- Miss Toddler can play with the volume, much to her delight
- Wide variety of noises, songs, and vocabulary
- The songs and voices are not annoying - they're short and kind of cute, even the 10th time in 10 minutes
- It's durable and easy to clean (it's been a mealtime toy for us and has hit the tile floor quite a bit)
- In 5 months, it hasn't needed batteries yet :)

It's not a primary toy that Miss Toddler plays with every day but she enjoys it with great focus when she does play with it.
on December 2, 2013
My one year old son LOVES remotes. Of course he is always grabbing our actual remote and turning channels with it...which frankly can be quite frightening with all the inappropriate content on our 900 channels...but I digress. I bought this remote becuase the buttons have the same rubbery/type feel that our real remote has so I thought it might fool him a little better than some of the others that I have purchased for him. I was right. He really loves it and will carry it around for 20 minutes at a time sometimes...which is a long time for him.
on April 25, 2014
Nothing special about this. I got it because I thought it would stop my son from wanting to put our remote in his mouth and he would use this one which is easier to clean. Instead it didn't change which remote he wanted to put in his mouth... me and my husband get these songs stuck in our head. They are pretty hilarious. "Well I got a remote and I'm ready to roll, makin' things happen 'cuz I'm in control!" HAHAHA

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.