Industrial Deals Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on October 14, 2012
I'm a first-time mom and pretty crunchy. I wanted to engage my child with only open-ended play, buy natural toys made from organic wood, and never let her watch tv.

About 8 months in, I realized toys are for parents, to give you a break. My daughter couldn't be less interested in the handmade vegetable-dyed wooden stacking bowls I bought on that crafty site, but this toy she loves. Yes, the songs can be annoying and I don't know whose idea it was to make the "Volume Up" button actually make the volume of the toy go up, but sometimes mommy just needs a break and my daughter will play with this toy for a solid 10 minutes of heaven. It has survived untold crashes on our hard floors and battery is still going strong. And hey, it recites numbers, it must have some educational value.
55 comments| 241 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 16, 2016
My 1 year old likes it. I bought it because he likes to play the game of "making a phone call".
And now we can play this game a lot. He pretends he is on the phone which always makes me smile.
He used to play my remote a lot, and now my remote got rescued.
I uploaded a photo so you can have better idea. Please click "yes" if you find it's helpful. Thank you.
review image
I think this is a fine toy overall. My 7 month old son enjoys playing with it, pressing the buttons, and I think it will be a nice child foil for the "adult" remotes. But I had one BIG problem with it... the "VOLUME UP" button. This thing is quite loud already when you turn it on, and by pressing the "volume up" button (which is very easy to do by just having a child lay on it) it gets obscenely loud. Like, competitive with the real TV or stereo loud.

Well, I couldn't take it. So I opened it up with a screwdriver and took a look inside. It's a simple matter of just pulling out the rubber tab corresponding to the volume up button. No extra tools required, no real effort. I screwed it back together and now everything works fine EXCEPT for the "volume up" button. The remote defaults to its starting volume every time you turn it on with the switch, but now it never gets to brain-splitting volume, only the lower (but still rather loud) level.

With this simple mod, I think it's a good toy. The songs are still annoying. Maybe the "music" button will be next. If the remote lies on its face, it seems as though the music button stays pressed. We'll see...
1515 comments| 358 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 14, 2016
My daughter loves to play with everything that she shouldn't! Her favorite "toys" are her parent's cell phones and the TV remotes. We decided to try the Fisher Price cell phone and remote to grab her attention away from the adult versions.

This child's remote has four colored buttons at the top and a numeric key pad at the bottom. It has a light at the very top of the remote that lights up red when it sings and chimes. The colored buttons at the top correspond to a channel up and down button, a volume up and down button, a stop and play button, and a music button. Each button plays a variety of different tunes, phrases, and chimes. The remote has an on-off switch on the side. The speaker is on the back of the remote.

My daughter really likes this toy. It is the only toy that we have that will occupy her attention for more than a few minutes so that I can get things done around the house. She will push the buttons and bop along to the tunes. Because of the variety of different phrases and tunes, this is one of the few toys that doesn't become annoyingly repetitive. Of course it's been played with often enough that we know all of them by heart!

This toy has one major fault that has caused my husband and I to give it the nomiker, "satan's toy". The volume up and down button actually works to turn the volume up and down. Every other children's toy that we have for her has a parent-only control of the volume switch. This thing has a large button on the front that lets my daughter turn the volume up and down. By up and down, I mean up...because that is the only one of the two that she repetitively pushes. So the volume goes up, and up, and up. This gets pretty loud and with the speaker on the back and her holding it up, the speaker is usually blaring outward right into our direction. This is really not the best design feature.

Overall, though the volume issue is annoying, her love of this toy and the fact that it can occupy her long enough for me to fold a load of laundry leads me to recommend this to other parents. Just be prepared to step in frequently to turn the volume back down.
on April 14, 2016
I bought this for my son, because he was always trying to grab our TV remote, and even to just sit there and hold it while babbling. But he started to press buttons, and we then knew he couldn't keep playing with it, before he ordered something or cleared the DVR or worse. So when I searched for play remotes for him, I found this and it is perfect! I love Fisher-Price! Great products, great quality, and they are trusted, because they have been around FOREVER! This remote in particular is very similar to our actual tv remote, so that was already a huge plus for me! It's realistic with the red light on the top when you "change the channel". It has sounds and music, real buttons to push, and a cute voice. Our son is happy, and we're happy. Oh! I almost forgot to mention, the packaging is nice and compact, but the best part? IT CAME WITH BATTERIES IN IT!!!!! Christmas morning is already hectic enough as it is, before having to search for batteries! So this was GREATLY appreciated! I feel like that's pretty rare for companies to do that. Thank you so much Fisher-Price!!!
on August 2, 2015
 This is a great toy!

I had one of these back when my now school aged kids were babies and now I am on baby #3 and I decided to get this again!

One thing I know for sure: Babies LOVE BUTTONS!! And this remote will be no exception!
The sound and lights here will help teach them cause and effect, so it helps with development while saving your own remotes from sure destruction :)

The remote lights up when buttons are pressed, the numbers are called out, and then other buttons play different things. I know what you are thinking, you will get so sick of these songs...in my experience, just embrace them! This time in our lives with our little babies this small will go by so fast and you will miss the day you heard the same jingle 500 times in a 1 hour period :)

The remote is about 6 inches tall easy for little hands to play with. The buttons are easy to push.

I highly recommend!!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon June 29, 2016
Our little guy is enamored with our remote controls...whether it's the cable remote control, the roku, the firestick, you name it. If it's a remote and it controls something....he wants it. So, I had a bright idea....I'll get him a remote of his own, so that when he goes for one of the actual remotes, he gets his own remote to play with instead.

This has worked pretty well, but at this point we've learned to just keep the other remotes out of sight and out of mind, and that's helped too.

This toy is pretty cutesy and each button has a function whether it's a noise, a color, or simply words to help your child build their vocabulary.
on June 15, 2016
I bought this for my daughter after seeing it on many suggested toy lists for 6 month old babies. All I can say is that the lists were not wrong. My daughter is about to turn 7 months and she loves this remote. On several occasions she has wanted to play with our actual TV remote so I knew this toy would probably keep her occupied and it does. It is, though, a little heavy for her and I have seen her bump her head with it as she tries to put the remote in her mouth. The toy is not designed to do that so she can't seem to prevent thumping her head as she tries. She's never cried from doing so, or seriously hurt herself, though. I will say the loud volume is quite loud and the low volume seems almost too low. Too bad there couldn't be a happier medium on the volume, but I don't find this toy annoying (not yet anyway!) so it's fine. If you want a toy you know will occupy your little one for ten minutes or more, this one is it!
on February 9, 2016
she loves it! her cousin who is almost a year older actually stole this from her on our family reunion so she got a replacement from her Auntie. oops! she always grabs this when we're playing, she loves pressing the buttons and watching it light up and hearing all the talking. you can adjust the volume on it, just like a real remote, using the volume button. I do wish there were more lights to it as it really has only the big one on top. The number buttons announce themselves, you can change "channels" on it. Do remember to turn it off when putting into the toy bin. I have forgotten and went to put another toy away later and it starts going off, kinda creepy when you're the only one in the living room.
on June 7, 2016
Only giving this a 3 star because of the dangerous packaging! Shame on you Fisher Price. I ordered this because my son is literally obsessed with our tv remotes so when this came we were thrilled to share with him. However, the remote was packaged in a way that there was a thick plastic piece inside the remote (both top and bottom) that connected to cardboard packaging. I cut it with a scissor thinking the pieces would come out but they did not...they were jammed into the remote. I was concerned that once he started playing and chewing on it they would come out. I tried my hardest to get them out but they seemed stuck so I figured it was fine, I just kept an eye on it. Well, they did come out and luckily I was there with him to throw them out, but please refer to picture to see the pieces! Not something that he would choke on but if swallowed may have cut his gums or throat. Either way, I was so surprised at careless packaging. Otherwise, it's adorable and keeps him happy with the buttons lights and sounds!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.