Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Love to Play Puppy
Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on December 15, 2015
bought this toy a year ago for my youngest daughter, who was 2 years.
in general during this year, this toy is well preserved. (photo attaching). All functions and buttons work well.
I agree with many who wrote reviews that the toy has funny and interesting songs that let your child learn the alphabet, counting, numbers, colors.
My daughter was playing in the first months of this toy very often, but not by a long time (about 10 minutes). Now it is even rarer.
In the toy has two modes - learning (colors, body parts, etc.) and music (songs). Both of these modes are useful.
I like also the color and the material of this toy.
As for the turn off the sound, it is possible to turn off the sound when you find the special button under the clothing of puppy at its back also where you can adjust the power of sound.
For the price I bought it for $ 15 and I'm not sure whether it is worth buying for more than 40.
By the way it should be noted some words about battery. During this year I don't changed the battery but toy is still working.
review imagereview image
2 people found this helpful
on December 17, 2014
I like to go to Walmart and take my 3 toddler boys around to look at the toys. This really helps me identify those toys that will be great, and those that will be a bust in a big way. I've always gotten the Scout Leapfrog toys in the past, but I decided just to keep the confusion down of whose Scout is whose, I thought I might see if my 15mo old son would respond to this.

It was a hit! So much so I could barely take it away from him. It's bigger than the scouts, and I think that's why he likes it. He wanted to keep it and pull on it and just play with the glowing heart. This really is an awesome toy for the price. I'd put it in a watch list and wait for the price to move around because it can get pretty low and it's a great time to snatch it up. I'm always looking for a deal!
3 people found this helpful
on December 16, 2014
If it was possible to give a NO star rating... I would. I have had two in my possession. The first one was broken. The audio was playing at a too-high speed, making the dog sound like an unintelligible chipmunk. Amazon was great about replacing it, and a few days later, another one arrived at my house. It has the SAME defect. This one is also being returned and I am replacing it with a similar product from Leapfrog. Hopefully their Scout dog will not be as broken as this was. The product may be amazing if it actually works. It is too close to Christmas to try and get a third one that has a high chance of being defective.
3 people found this helpful
on October 12, 2013
I had been searching & searching for a safe stuffed animal that sings ABCs & 123s... My son is 15 months, & he fell in love with a singing/moving bear on a trip to his great grandparents house @ 10 months old.
I wanted something that sang ABCs because that is one of his favorite songs, & for the educational aspect. I will admit, I am not a fan of Fisher Price toys in general (we prefer hand made, wood, non-toxic, battery-free, land made in USA) so I kept putting this purchase off even though it was so inexpensive & it sang the ABCs. I don't ever usually purchase toys made in China, because they use unnecessary chemicals (in this toy, that would be mercury & bromide). I don't understand why you need to include these in a toy, marketed to babies 6+ months --who put everything in there mouths? Anyways, my son has not been putting things into his mouth as much since his back teeth came in, so I just purchased this last minute before checking out with some other toys for him...
So his very first Fisher Price toy arrived quickly in 2 days with Prime. I opened it up & immediately didn't like the cheap microfiber-ish feel of the fabric the puppy is made with. I gave it to my son, and he was immediately drawn to the light up heart. He sat with him on the floor and danced to the songs, it was super cute!
He lost interest after 5 minutes, but that is fairly typical, although my son will play with some of his favorite toys for 30 minutes at a time.
The fabric on the puppy picks up every little piece of dust & lint, so be prepared with the lint roller every time your little one wants to use it!
We've only had it for 3 days, and I feel like I'm constantly picking lint off of it. Just now my son had the puppy in his crib, and I saw him leaning forward to bite/chew on his tail... Go figure!
So this toy will either be donated, or used sparingly as a distraction for diaper change.
(If anyone knows of any safer alternatives that are somewhat educational with ABCs & 123s, please let me know!)
Overall, I give it 3 stars because my son likes it, it is educational, & sings cute songs. Minus 2 for the added chemicals & cheap, lint-catching fabric. But for $15, you get what you pay for =)
on February 10, 2015
The colors are bright and fun and the songs are easy to sing along with. My 4 month old loves watching this thing as it lights up and makes noise. The buttons are easy enough for him to activate on his own (as long as we guide his hand to the button) and having an on/off switch is GREAT! You'll never know how important it is to be able to turn something off until you have a child that loves hearing the same, repetitive, sound over and over again. This is a great early learning toy. The alphabet song is fun and naming each body part when that specific part is activated is really good association for baby. This is definitely one of his favorite toys and I am sure it will stick with him as he grows.
on March 2, 2012
Seriously, my baby & I want to love this toy. It's adorable & has lots of cute & educational songs & the voice isn't too annoying. But like every curious child my baby wants to handle & play with the toy, but the off switch is located on the bottom of one of the puppy's foot. So at the slightest touch the toy will abruptly stop in mid song & turn off. The other songs will also abruptly switch if you touch any of the other parts of the puppy. If we want to listen to the whole song I have to put the puppy out of reach from him so he doesn't grab it & change songs or turn it off, which I think is rather silly & defeats the whole purpose of this toy.
review image
31 people found this helpful
on January 28, 2016
I got this cute laugh & learn love to play puppy from amazon for my little one when he was around 3 to 4 months old. There are many beautiful songs with this puppy. Before he was able to sit and walk, I loved pushing the button and playing the music from the puppy for him when he lay on the crib. He enjoyed listening to the music and moving his hands and legs actively along with the music. It seemed he was having a lot of fun. Now he is more than 3 and old enough to play with the puppy by himself. An excellent learning toy for babies. Great Value.
review image
on May 10, 2016
I've bought these for 3 kids now, 2 girls and a boy, and all of them loved it, all still have them, and they all still work perfectly. One that I bought is now about 5 years old and still works as good as new. It's been chewed on, dragged thru everything kids mess with, and thrown ask around. These are durable, educational, and the perfect gift for any kids 1 yr-5yrs old!
on February 14, 2010
NB: I don't have the version where the collar lights up but mine has red shirt with letters A-B-C repeated as a pattern.
My daughter got this for Christmas 2007, she was 10th months. She loves the songs/music and it helped her learn her alphabet and few nursery rhymes (she learnt the tune way before the letters but she still sings with her "doggy"). There is a button to switch off, low volume and high volume so little cause for irritation. The knobs in the nose and ear went after a year - understand the ear because sometimes she held it by the ear, but don't know why the nose quit. She has a lot of hugs and cuddles for him still. Actually now putting in 2nd set of batteries - and I've left it on numerous times.
I know some parents complained that the songs are interrupted by the slightest touch and that's true but I believe it has taught her cause and effect as well as patience: if one of her favourites are playing and she bounces it and it stops or changes she figured out how to get it back and she doesn't touch it until she's enjoyed her song; she knows how to get it to play again too.
VINE VOICEon December 4, 2012
I purchased this for my granddaughter 5 years ago for her first birthday. She loved the music and squeezing the paws at that point, and later enjoyed the parts of the body as she got older and became more self aware. Today she is six and has long outgrown this little puppy, but I notice she is very good at sounding out words. I give partial credit to quality toys like this which introduced her to the concept of reading because it has words printed out on the toy. The greatest difficulty in learning to read is understanding that words and letters have meaning.

I notice that the newer version of this actually costs less, so be sure to compare the two before you make a buying choice.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.