Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Noah Gundersen GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 942 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,549 reviews
on March 2, 2012
Seriously, my baby & I want to love this toy. It's adorable & has lots of cute & educational songs & the voice isn't too annoying. But like every curious child my baby wants to handle & play with the toy, but the off switch is located on the bottom of one of the puppy's foot. So at the slightest touch the toy will abruptly stop in mid song & turn off. The other songs will also abruptly switch if you touch any of the other parts of the puppy. If we want to listen to the whole song I have to put the puppy out of reach from him so he doesn't grab it & change songs or turn it off, which I think is rather silly & defeats the whole purpose of this toy.
review image
on December 15, 2015
bought this toy a year ago for my youngest daughter, who was 2 years.
in general during this year, this toy is well preserved. (photo attaching). All functions and buttons work well.
I agree with many who wrote reviews that the toy has funny and interesting songs that let your child learn the alphabet, counting, numbers, colors.
My daughter was playing in the first months of this toy very often, but not by a long time (about 10 minutes). Now it is even rarer.
In the toy has two modes - learning (colors, body parts, etc.) and music (songs). Both of these modes are useful.
I like also the color and the material of this toy.
As for the turn off the sound, it is possible to turn off the sound when you find the special button under the clothing of puppy at its back also where you can adjust the power of sound.
For the price I bought it for $ 15 and I'm not sure whether it is worth buying for more than 40.
By the way it should be noted some words about battery. During this year I don't changed the battery but toy is still working.
review image review image
on October 18, 2016
Love this little bear!! I bought this 2 years ago and they batteries are still going on this! It also still looks pretty new and has held up well to my son playing with it. The bear was prefect size for him at 1 1/2 and easy for him to carry around but also at 3 he still loves to play with it. For me i love how much it taught him. He was able to learn were feet, hands, and so much were. The bear is also loud enough he could hear it but not overly loud that it would wake him up at night! I am very happy with this and sad he's starting to out grow it!

i did pay full retail for this.
on December 7, 2015
I see this is $45 now - you can find it for $15. My 19 month old has had this and Scout for over a year and doesn't really touch either (maybe it's because he doesn't really talk yet? Or maybe because he finds it a bit fake/creepy?)

I saw it at a baby shower and thought I should have it because it could teach my son body parts - but nothing replaces mommy or daddy.

It will go off when no one touches it.

Heart: lights up, says "heart", "red heart" and "I love you"
Ear: says "ear", "blue ear" and barks
Right Hand: says "hand", "green hand", and "yay"
Left Hand (music): sings "ABCs"; "Great Big Colorful World"; "1,2,3...10" to tune of Cha Cha Cha; "I've got...body parts";
Foot: says "foot", "yellow foot" and makes a little noise

When you push the ABC on his foot: his
Hand: Arfs, sings "Pat A Cake" and says "So Big"
Ear: Arfs, sings "Itsy Bitsy Spider"
Left Hand: sings "Heads, Shoulders", says "You're my friend", "I love you", "Peek a Boo"
Foot: says "This little puppy went to the market...""You got my toes" and "That tickles"
When you push "ABC" on foot

I'll update if he starts to like it more...
on May 10, 2016
I've bought these for 3 kids now, 2 girls and a boy, and all of them loved it, all still have them, and they all still work perfectly. One that I bought is now about 5 years old and still works as good as new. It's been chewed on, dragged thru everything kids mess with, and thrown ask around. These are durable, educational, and the perfect gift for any kids 1 yr-5yrs old!
VINE VOICEon December 4, 2012
I purchased this for my granddaughter 5 years ago for her first birthday. She loved the music and squeezing the paws at that point, and later enjoyed the parts of the body as she got older and became more self aware. Today she is six and has long outgrown this little puppy, but I notice she is very good at sounding out words. I give partial credit to quality toys like this which introduced her to the concept of reading because it has words printed out on the toy. The greatest difficulty in learning to read is understanding that words and letters have meaning.

I notice that the newer version of this actually costs less, so be sure to compare the two before you make a buying choice.
on December 17, 2014
I like to go to Walmart and take my 3 toddler boys around to look at the toys. This really helps me identify those toys that will be great, and those that will be a bust in a big way. I've always gotten the Scout Leapfrog toys in the past, but I decided just to keep the confusion down of whose Scout is whose, I thought I might see if my 15mo old son would respond to this.

It was a hit! So much so I could barely take it away from him. It's bigger than the scouts, and I think that's why he likes it. He wanted to keep it and pull on it and just play with the glowing heart. This really is an awesome toy for the price. I'd put it in a watch list and wait for the price to move around because it can get pretty low and it's a great time to snatch it up. I'm always looking for a deal!
on November 2, 2013
I have bought 3 of these over the past 4 or so years and they've been given to , and used by, babies ranging from 3 months to toddler aged. The parts that you touch are sensitive so the babies don't need to press them to set it off, just tap it. They have held up for years and I noticed the batteries last a long time in it.
The first one we bought was from Kmart and the whole ride home it was in the trunk singing up a storm with every bump in the road :) The other two came from Amazon and probably drove the UPS guy crazy haha
on June 28, 2014
I got this for my son for his 1st birthday. He loves it. He kisses and hugs it and pushes all the buttons. He will even dance to the music although he doesn't let anything play all the way through because he is constantly pushing buttons. His favorite is the heart, he pushes that all the time and I sing the song to him. Great little toy for a 1yr old! I will get on the floor with him and push the buttons and show him his feet or ears and I show him the colors, it's just a cute toy.
on October 12, 2013
I had been searching & searching for a safe stuffed animal that sings ABCs & 123s... My son is 15 months, & he fell in love with a singing/moving bear on a trip to his great grandparents house @ 10 months old.
I wanted something that sang ABCs because that is one of his favorite songs, & for the educational aspect. I will admit, I am not a fan of Fisher Price toys in general (we prefer hand made, wood, non-toxic, battery-free, land made in USA) so I kept putting this purchase off even though it was so inexpensive & it sang the ABCs. I don't ever usually purchase toys made in China, because they use unnecessary chemicals (in this toy, that would be mercury & bromide). I don't understand why you need to include these in a toy, marketed to babies 6+ months --who put everything in there mouths? Anyways, my son has not been putting things into his mouth as much since his back teeth came in, so I just purchased this last minute before checking out with some other toys for him...
So his very first Fisher Price toy arrived quickly in 2 days with Prime. I opened it up & immediately didn't like the cheap microfiber-ish feel of the fabric the puppy is made with. I gave it to my son, and he was immediately drawn to the light up heart. He sat with him on the floor and danced to the songs, it was super cute!
He lost interest after 5 minutes, but that is fairly typical, although my son will play with some of his favorite toys for 30 minutes at a time.
The fabric on the puppy picks up every little piece of dust & lint, so be prepared with the lint roller every time your little one wants to use it!
We've only had it for 3 days, and I feel like I'm constantly picking lint off of it. Just now my son had the puppy in his crib, and I saw him leaning forward to bite/chew on his tail... Go figure!
So this toy will either be donated, or used sparingly as a distraction for diaper change.
(If anyone knows of any safer alternatives that are somewhat educational with ABCs & 123s, please let me know!)
Overall, I give it 3 stars because my son likes it, it is educational, & sings cute songs. Minus 2 for the added chemicals & cheap, lint-catching fabric. But for $15, you get what you pay for =)

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.