Truck Season Automotive HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on February 2, 2015
Love this little puppy. My daughter saw one at right around 1 year old at a friends house and was immediately drawn to it. I ordered one for her on Amazon and she has given it a great deal of love. She really likes plush toys that move or sing when you push the button on the foot etc, but I get really tired of having to push the button for her because she can't find it or doesn't have the dexterity to squeeze the hand in quite the right way. That was not the case with this toy. She is able to activate each of the various sounds by herself with no trouble. She has had it about 4 months now and still plays with it almost daily. I really like that it will be a good toy for a long time to come because it touches so many different developmental levels. At its core it is a great little plush toy that sings. As they get older though, it becomes a great learning toy to teach colors, body parts etc. The songs are super sweet and catchy. Even though I have memorized them all I don't find them at all annoying. I do find that this toy is often on sale so keep a look out for the lowest price.
on March 20, 2013
I bought it because I thought our son would like a cuddly toy that sings. He loves to dance. The difficulty with a young child holding it is that depending where you touch it the puppy will start off with another song or saying because of where it's touched, so it doesn't really play songs for more than a few seconds. The puppy doesn't sit up - as I expected it would from the pictures - so you have to play with it lying down, or holding it.

The CD it comes with is absolutely terrible. I would much rather have a cd of 6 good nursery rhymes, but instead you have a huge amout of songs that it claims to contain and it plays a tiny part fo each song. We can't listen to it because it's so infuriating and impossible to sing along to.

Disappointed after reading the good reviews. It would be ok if the dog sat up, I think.

Update: At 15 months rather than 12 months our son is beginning to like this toy. He can clap along to "If you're happy and you know it" and is trying to do "Head Shoulders Knees and Toes" in time with the puppy. However it has to be lying down on the floor or table to play with, as previously stated, so I still wouldn't recommend it.
on September 24, 2015
Do not order this if you are trying to 1) obtain the puppy in the picture or 2) would like the CD!

I ordered this as my daughter loves the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Puppy! So much so that she broke some of the connections (only does body parts now, no songs). In an effort to replace it with an identical Puppy, I ordered this one from Amazon. What I got in the mail is the "new" version which does play more songs and has more bells and whistles. But due to the differences (fuzzy vs. smooth fabric, no shirt vs. shirt, etc...) this is not a replacement but a second toy, and I still get the questions why puppy doesn't sing anymore.

So 4 stars for the product, as I agree the advertised toy should play more songs (apparently the new version does). And it should be a bit more durable.
But Negative stars for the seller who misleads you by sending a different but related toy, which does not include a singalong CD despite the product description on amazon!
3 people found this helpful
on May 10, 2016
This is such a fun little toy. we got this as a Christmas present for my son and he loved it. it plays different songs and tells what parts of the body they are touching, for instance hand or ear. It is so soft and cuddly and he loved chewing on and playing with his ears. I also love that it came with the cd. It helps teach and reinforce some of the songs from the puppy.
on January 16, 2013
My baby loves this puppy! There are settings in which the puppy recites his body parts, recites them with colors, and also sings songs. It is cute and educational. There are also a lot of songs on the singalong cd that comes with it. It is very durable - my son bounces on the puppy, drags him around where he crawls, and the puppy keeps going! The only thing that is frustrating is that it is too easy for my son to accidentally turn the puppy off. He's too young to understand how to turn it back on (unless he does so accidentally again). He gets bummed out when the puppy shuts off and he doesn't know why... Instead of having one of the feet being the on/off switch, it would be nice if it was a little more hidden.
on November 11, 2011
I love this toy! I was worried about buying it online but I was very pleasantly surprised. It came in a box and the toy itself was sealed in clear plastic, which made me very happy. Its a toy for a baby, so I want it to be clean and protected during shipping. Good job Amazon! My baby enjoys playing with this toy.
Oh yes, and it has the CD inside he package. You can't beat the price!
15 people found this helpful
on December 30, 2012
My son is 13 months old and loves pushing the different body parts - especially the light-up heart - and hearing the music/voice talking to him. We had a lot of fun playing with this on our recent car trip and it kept him entertained for a good 45 minutes or so, which is much longer than any of his other toys. This is a much simpler version of Scout, which I bought for my 3 year old, and I am really happy with both purchases. This is definitely more appropriate for a younger child whereas Scout is geared more toward an older toddler. By the way, my 13 month old wanted nothing to do with Scout but loved this dog, and my 3 year old definitely prefers Scout to this dog (usually he wants ALL baby's toys but this time seems content to play with only his). May be a fluke, but I like that each boy prefers his own, developmentally appropriate talking dog. Last, the noise level is awesome. There are 2 volume options: low is very low but not inaudible, and the higher option is definitely louder without being obnoxiously loud like some toys. Would definitely buy it again if something happened to it.
on August 16, 2016
this one had a glitch in it. It would come on when no one was around it, during the middle of the night, sitting in the middle of the floor when the house was all quiet. Much like a possessed type of doll - it isn't, but it could scare the living daylight out of you. Just a glitch, got rid of it. Sorry.
on September 4, 2013
This toy is beautiful and entertaining for babies who can sit up and play; It is very colorful and plays beautiful music. Removed one star because this puppy is very sensitive to the touch and requires very little effort on the baby's part to make it respond, which does not particularly stimulate the recognition of cause and effect on the baby. It does have enough play value to calm an active toddler for a good while. This is always a big plus!
on April 11, 2014
I read reviews and thought, nah, this can't be that bad....it is! Having the OFF button on the foot with other buttons is just ridiculous. I just received this today and have already processed my return to send it back. Its so dumb. I tried to play the music or ABCs and it just says goodbye because the OFF button is the only one that seems to work on the foot. Come on FP, you are better than this....put the off button on the back or something!
|11 comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.