Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 104 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 118 reviews
on August 19, 2012
I was looking for books that would hold my toddler's attention longer than a millisecond and, given his obsession with cars, trucks and planes, I thought this would work. Not only did it do the trick, but he just loves lifting each flap to see what's underneath and goes back to this book time and time again. The book is divided into two-page sections, each with its own theme. Each section also teaches a different age-appropriate subject, such as colors or shapes.
VINE VOICEon January 9, 2015
Our twin girls (22 months old) love, love, love this book and the others in the series. The art is cute, the flaps are well made and have not torn (yet) and it's actually an interesting guide to vehicles they see every day.

Each page has several flaps showing planes flying, buses driving, and a race car getting a ticket. There's also themes on each page like colors, shapes and numbers.

This is one of the books the girls regularly pull off the shelf and thrust into our hands, demanding we read them.

I highly recommend it.
on May 25, 2017
Flaps tear somewhat easy, but I guess that the case with all flap books and a 2 yo
on August 7, 2015
These books are the best for toddlers! I own two different titles and will continue to purchase the other ones. They are very interactive with lots of educational moments and intrigue for a child. The people/animals/inanimate objects are very colorful and fun. I can tell what everything is (unlike some books where everything seems to be abstract) and my son loves to read these by himself as well as together. We use them in the car a lot as they are very good for keeping him busy, even for short trips to the grocery store.
on October 3, 2015
My son just isn't as interested in this book as others. Yes, this book has a lot of flaps; however, it is not more entertaining to a 13 month old than, say, a book with one flap per page. There are so many flaps that it actually feels overwhelming to my son. He doesn't have the patience to lift every single flap on the left AND right page. For these lift-the-flap books, I would say that less is more would apply here.
on October 19, 2013
My 18 month old son is really into vehicles. He had this book since he was 15 months and it is still one of the first books he grabs from the shelf every morning. I found this flap book more durable than some others (like the sesame street ones) he has. It is a thicker material and still looks pretty good after 3 months of daily action by a not-so-gentle toddler.

Little people characters and vehicles are very cute. Pages include vehicles in the neighborhood, planes, construction site, boats and a circus themed train one. It also features concepts like colors, shapes etc. within those pages. I am very happy with my purchase.
on March 6, 2015
While the description isn't exactly misleading, this book is simply boring. Sure, there are a lot of flaps for my toddler to lift, but there isn't anything special about this book. There isn't a story and the illustrations, while bright, aren't interesting. My son goes through the motions of lifting the flaps on each page without even looking under them (again, boring) and then asks for a different book. So not worth the price.
on January 22, 2015
We used to have The Little People books when my daughter was little 5 years ago. and we loved them. We gave away our copies, and had to get them again for our newborn son. And we were really disappointed that the quality of the books is mediocre. The pictures under flaps are not glossy like the rest of the book, but rather matte, which makes the color not bright and vibrant. So disappointed...
on October 30, 2013
There are so many flaps on each page and they haven't been destroyed yet, our 18 month old enjoys this book, will probably get another in the series. The themes on each page are a bonus e.g. one page is about finding the monkeys; another about learning shapes and another about learning about sea life. All in all a nice vivid book that's fun to read and will help with vocabulary, it's also good that the large number of flaps lets our 18 month old interact with the book rather than just have it read to him.
on January 29, 2016