Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Soothe and Glow Seahorse, Blue
Color: Blue|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on July 5, 2017
This is a beautiful looking sea horse with extremely comfortable furs. When squeezed in the belly it will light up and play really comfortable music. I really like it from looking at it from my friends house and decided to buy one my own. The light of the sea horse is very soft so it will not hurt baby's eyes at all and I really like the music. I like this product but it never successfully put my baby into sleep. Baby never pay too much attention to this toy compare to others and it doesn't have any other functions beside playing the music. It feels like a little bit waste of money but it will be amazing if it can actually put baby to sleep
on March 30, 2015
This is a must have!
This will work wonders! It will put your child to sleep and possibly including the parent!

The music is very pleasant and soothing, it plays classical music with some added bubble sounds.
It has two levels of loudness.
It plays music for 6 minutes with the light on simultaneously.
The music and light can be turned on with a push of the stomach and turned off with longer push of the stomach.
The outer fabric is washable and can be easily removed.
You can access the battery and on/off switch from the back of the seahorse by opening the velcro, if you want to remove the inner components for washing the fabric, pull out from the bottom and not the head.

How I use the seahorse:
Of course I use it to put the little one to sleep, I've had this for about 3 years and it still works perfectly.
I use regular non rechargeable batteries. It takes 3 AA batteries. I turn this on about 1-2 times a day and roughly estimating that it can last at least 1 month.
I can use this as a soft nightlight for finding something in the dark.
Sometimes I think the light is a little too bright I would just turn it onto its stomach.
Right now my second child uses this and he likes to play with it when he's awake.
on July 24, 2015
L O V E this toy. My 1.5 year old daughter loves going to bed with it. I plan on buying a blue one for my son when he's allowed to have crib toys.

Music: The music is soothing and should play for around 5 minutes. If it doesn't, open up the back part and flick the switches around, that fixed ours.

Light: The belly does light up, but it's pretty gentle. I'm okay with the fact that she presses the thing right against her face and stares into it before bed.

Crib Toy: This is a nice safe toy to put in the crib with our 1.5 year old. We only let her have this while she's in the crib, it seems to make crib time a little more bearable... now that she's got a cool friend in there with her.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
We've been using this at naptime and bedtime for the past two years. It still works great and she still loves to cuddle up with it. I don't think I've even ever changed the batteries in it. When I turn it on by pressing the belly she knows it's night night time. It plays soothing lullabies and lights up. The volume can be controlled. The music plays about 15 minutes I think unless you turn it off my squeezing belly again.
review image
on January 6, 2013
I have just ordered my second seahorse (the first was received as a gift from his great grandparents at birth). My son is now 18 months of age and this toy, affectionately called "Squeegie", goes with him everywhere or there are tears and lots of them! The only reason that I have ordered another is due to my own fault of wearing out the screws that hold the battery compartment closed - I never could find the right size screwdriver when needed so I went with whatever I could find. Oh well, he seems to chew on the top green area anyway and that is beginning to get a little gross even after throwing it in the wash, so it is probably time anyway. In conclusion, this was an absolute hit of a gift from the day he was born and it has now grown to become his best friend. I love that it has two levels of volume, it definitely lasts through much use and chewing and is a nice little portable night light that is always in reach when needed. Highly recommend!
on March 24, 2015
As new parents, we probably over prepared for our new daughter by purchasing tons of baby items, toys, etc. When people ask me what our "favorites" are, the first thing that I say is this seahorse!

We have it in both pink and blue (heaven forbid one breaks, we have a backup). From the time our baby was a couple of weeks old she has been fascinated with this toy. It actually lives on her changing table, and we joke that diaper changing time is her favorite because she gets to hang out with seahorse! I love that it has settings to be loud or quiet as well as to play music for two lengths of time. And it glows when it sings as well. While the music plays, there is a soothing ocean noise in the background that seems to be really calming for our daughter. As she has gotten older, she loves to grab the seahorse by his fins and tail and always laughs when she is looking at it.

Definitely a must have baby item, it's probably our daughters favorite toy!
on May 12, 2017
I was looking for toys for my newborn niece and this came toy came up on many lists. My niece absolutely loves it even after one year. It is well constructed not leaving any worries that it could become a health hazard to the baby with pieces falling off. The music is soothing and not very loud so it is perfect for the crib. She even likes it during the day when the tummy lights up.
on October 24, 2017
I have purchased many of the Fisher Price "soothe and glow seahorses" for people having babies during their pregnancy. The mom's play the music to the baby in the womb and the baby seems to be attuned to it and relax to sleep when played after birth. The babies like it through their early growing years as well. Its a very cute well made toy that in past experience has lasted well over a span of years. I purchased another recently for a friend's daughter who is pregnant.
Top Contributor: Knittingon October 25, 2013
This was so reasonably priced and so well rated that I thought I'd give it a try for my son, who has never had an easy time falling asleep. This was definitely not the way to go. The music is too loud, so when it goes off (after only a short while) it startles him awake again, and if he somehow kicks it at night and it goes on it also wakes him up. The music itself is also really weird and distorted; I think it's supposed to be reminiscent of water (with bubbles and waves) but it doesn't sound right. It is REALLY cute in a cartoon-y kind of way, but he doesn't even enjoy playing with it during the daytime.

I WOULD, however, recommend the Snugamonkey- my son was given this as a gift before he was born, and once the seahorse proved to be a flop (I had thought its size and shape would be better for sleeping with), I decided to try the monkey, since he loves playing with it during the day. That worked SO much better! The music is fine, and at a good volume, and lasts long enough that he has enough time to fall soundly asleep. So I know he's not averse to this kind of toy-- the seahorse just wasn't the right fit.
on November 27, 2010
I bought this toy based on the reviews on Amazon. I began using it in my daughter's crib at about 4 months. This was another toy that I thought, "Eh, doesn't look like much but let's try it out." I have 2 now. One that we keep at home and one that I take on vacations. We cannot be WITHOUT one if the baby is to go to sleep. The seahorse is part of her night time ritual that she's acccustomed to. When I first bought it and set it next to her, she gazed lovingly at it's lighted belly and cooed at it. She was transfixed by it. The songs are very soft and lovely, the face is very sweet and the glowing belly provides a soft amount of light to see it's shape. Before she goes to bed, even now at 14 months, she turns to look at it briefly before falling asleep. It's become her comfort item for nite nite time. The batteries last a long time, too. After 14 months, I've only changed her one at home 2 times.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.