Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Color: Blue|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,285 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,942 reviews
on October 1, 2014
I'm torn on this. The idea is great, and with the 4 month sleep disruption that never ends, it's useful, but the fact that I have to get out of my bed, pad down the hall and turn it on is more than I can bear. What happened to teaching the baby about cause and effect; why is it SO insensitive that I have to press on it with my entire palm to get it on? WHY? I have stood there and watched the baby hit it endlessly for many seconds trying to make it come on and I've even had to pick it up to get it on. It's annoying, that's what. If it didn't work like a charm when I turned it on AND if i wasn't so sleep deprived, I'd return it for something more sensitive. But, I"m pretty sure he's attached. Right.

Update: My son is 2 and STILL loves his seahorse. Once he was over 12 months or so, he could easily figure out how to press the tummy to get the seahorse on, but it does take some doing, even for me. He loves it so much more now that he can do it himself. I LOVE waking up at 5am and hearing the seahorse playing (and no crying) and then going back to sleep only to have to wake HIM up at 7!! This thing WORKS! We do not travel without it. It makes wherever we are home for him. The outside comes off easily to wash in case of accidents and hasn't faded once. I do recommend that if you're washing it, you should not dry it in the dryer. If you do, the back will not completely close for a while (it'll shrink) and the velcro will keep coming apart.
on September 26, 2016
This thing is amazing. It has a timer for two times 5 & 10 minutes and we only need the 5 minute one. There are also two volume settings. I lay my son in the crib, turn it on, and by the time it is off he is asleep. I seriously wished I got this for my last three boys. It is a must have baby item for sure! The photo below is for size reference and cuteness 😍
review image
on July 5, 2017
This is a beautiful looking sea horse with extremely comfortable furs. When squeezed in the belly it will light up and play really comfortable music. I really like it from looking at it from my friends house and decided to buy one my own. The light of the sea horse is very soft so it will not hurt baby's eyes at all and I really like the music. I like this product but it never successfully put my baby into sleep. Baby never pay too much attention to this toy compare to others and it doesn't have any other functions beside playing the music. It feels like a little bit waste of money but it will be amazing if it can actually put baby to sleep
on May 10, 2014
My twins loved these so much that I had to buy a second one when I moved them into individual cribs.

These are my favorites about the seahorse soother;

Tere are two levels of sound, which is a definite bonus. I usually keep it on the lowest setting as it seems best for sleep. The higher setting works well for a noisy car ride or during playtime.

The inside light/sound compartment is removable so that you can machine wash the seahorse body. Due to vomiting and other incidents, I had to do this several times. The seahorse comes out looking new each time!

This is one cute buddy! The face is adorable. My twins would smile and coo at it from the time they were 3 months! The fabric is soft and snuggable and the large head and thin neck is perfect for little chubby arms to wrap around and hug.

My twins are now 21 months and still enjoy taking their sea horses to bed. The glow is soft and comforting and the sounds are relaxing enough to help them drift off to sleep and not energize them at bedtime.
on March 30, 2015
This is a must have!
This will work wonders! It will put your child to sleep and possibly including the parent!

The music is very pleasant and soothing, it plays classical music with some added bubble sounds.
It has two levels of loudness.
It plays music for 6 minutes with the light on simultaneously.
The music and light can be turned on with a push of the stomach and turned off with longer push of the stomach.
The outer fabric is washable and can be easily removed.
You can access the battery and on/off switch from the back of the seahorse by opening the velcro, if you want to remove the inner components for washing the fabric, pull out from the bottom and not the head.

How I use the seahorse:
Of course I use it to put the little one to sleep, I've had this for about 3 years and it still works perfectly.
I use regular non rechargeable batteries. It takes 3 AA batteries. I turn this on about 1-2 times a day and roughly estimating that it can last at least 1 month.
I can use this as a soft nightlight for finding something in the dark.
Sometimes I think the light is a little too bright I would just turn it onto its stomach.
Right now my second child uses this and he likes to play with it when he's awake.
on January 7, 2016
Oh Fisher Price Soothe and Glow Seahorse how I love you, let me count the ways. Seriously, this was my daughter’s constant companion until she was about 9 months old. It always calmed her down when she was fussy and she loved watching the stomach glow. I thought that the light from the glowing stomach might bother her, but it never did. It was easy to clean and took a lot of abuse without so much as a single thread coming loose. My mom always laughed at the music and called it the church seahorse, and I will admit that the soft music does sound like subdued church music, but my daughter certainly wasn’t bothered by the lack of catchy tunes. Also, a word to the wise, change the battery the moment that the music starts to drag or sound remotely out of tune. If you let it go for too long it sounds like demented carnival music from a horror film.

I loved this seahorse so much that I have purchased no fewer than 4 as baby shower presents. I also bought one for the 5-month-old grandson of a friend who had to have a hole in his heart repaired. His grandmother told me that it was one of the few things that would calm him down while he was recovering from the surgery. I was so upset when they stopped carrying these at our local Babies ‘R’ Us stores and started carrying what Fisher Price has decided to replace the seahorse with, the Soothe and Glow Giraffe. I purchased a giraffe once because I was in a bind and didn’t have time to wait for the seahorse to be delivered. I was definitely not impressed with the Giraffe. It plays the same music but it isn’t nearly as soft and cuddly as it is made of an almost felt like material instead of the soft plush covering on the seahorse. I am going to order another one soon to have on hand when we have baby #2 just in case this one goes out of stock. My two-year-old still drags it out of her toy chest to sleep with every once in awhile. Essentially, I can’t recommend this toy enough.
review image review image
on July 11, 2017
We bought this for our youngest before he was born, and gave it to him his first night home. The sounds are adorably mellow, and the lights are gentle but draw their interest from the earliest bits of head control. This ended up being the first toy our baby boy always wanted when he went to sleep, and I remember watching him as he stared at it and dozed off with much fondness. Our only regret was that we didn't have this for our older children.
on October 2, 2016
We've been using this at naptime and bedtime for the past two years. It still works great and she still loves to cuddle up with it. I don't think I've even ever changed the batteries in it. When I turn it on by pressing the belly she knows it's night night time. It plays soothing lullabies and lights up. The volume can be controlled. The music plays about 15 minutes I think unless you turn it off my squeezing belly again.
review image
on January 6, 2013
I have just ordered my second seahorse (the first was received as a gift from his great grandparents at birth). My son is now 18 months of age and this toy, affectionately called "Squeegie", goes with him everywhere or there are tears and lots of them! The only reason that I have ordered another is due to my own fault of wearing out the screws that hold the battery compartment closed - I never could find the right size screwdriver when needed so I went with whatever I could find. Oh well, he seems to chew on the top green area anyway and that is beginning to get a little gross even after throwing it in the wash, so it is probably time anyway. In conclusion, this was an absolute hit of a gift from the day he was born and it has now grown to become his best friend. I love that it has two levels of volume, it definitely lasts through much use and chewing and is a nice little portable night light that is always in reach when needed. Highly recommend!
on December 15, 2014
I'm very picky when it comes to gifts for babies. I want something they won't outgrow in a month, something they can't pull apart, and something both the baby and parents will appreciate. This adorable seahorse caught my eye. When I read the reviews, I thought it was worth a try. Not only did the baby love it, but years later, the mom tells me that her toddler still sleeps with it and it travels with them where ever they go! I suggested it to a friend who was looking for baby gifts. He bought two - one for a girl and one for a boy. Again, I've heard back that the babies love them and the parents are thrilled. When I received the first one I ordered, the music seemed very loud. After finding the instruction manual online, I learned there was a switch inside to adjust the volume. It was tricky to find and to open, but once I found it, the adjustment set the volume at the perfect level. The classical tunes are beautiful and play for a really long time. This is a high quality toy from Fisher-Price, and whether given as a gift or purchased for your own little one, you'll be very happy with it!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.