BCA Month Salon Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Soothe and Glow Seahorse, Blue
Color: Blue|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on October 1, 2014
I'm torn on this. The idea is great, and with the 4 month sleep disruption that never ends, it's useful, but the fact that I have to get out of my bed, pad down the hall and turn it on is more than I can bear. What happened to teaching the baby about cause and effect; why is it SO insensitive that I have to press on it with my entire palm to get it on? WHY? I have stood there and watched the baby hit it endlessly for many seconds trying to make it come on and I've even had to pick it up to get it on. It's annoying, that's what. If it didn't work like a charm when I turned it on AND if i wasn't so sleep deprived, I'd return it for something more sensitive. But, I"m pretty sure he's attached. Right.

Update: My son is 2 and STILL loves his seahorse. Once he was over 12 months or so, he could easily figure out how to press the tummy to get the seahorse on, but it does take some doing, even for me. He loves it so much more now that he can do it himself. I LOVE waking up at 5am and hearing the seahorse playing (and no crying) and then going back to sleep only to have to wake HIM up at 7!! This thing WORKS! We do not travel without it. It makes wherever we are home for him. The outside comes off easily to wash in case of accidents and hasn't faded once. I do recommend that if you're washing it, you should not dry it in the dryer. If you do, the back will not completely close for a while (it'll shrink) and the velcro will keep coming apart.
on July 5, 2017
This is a beautiful looking sea horse with extremely comfortable furs. When squeezed in the belly it will light up and play really comfortable music. I really like it from looking at it from my friends house and decided to buy one my own. The light of the sea horse is very soft so it will not hurt baby's eyes at all and I really like the music. I like this product but it never successfully put my baby into sleep. Baby never pay too much attention to this toy compare to others and it doesn't have any other functions beside playing the music. It feels like a little bit waste of money but it will be amazing if it can actually put baby to sleep
on March 30, 2015
This is a must have!
This will work wonders! It will put your child to sleep and possibly including the parent!

The music is very pleasant and soothing, it plays classical music with some added bubble sounds.
It has two levels of loudness.
It plays music for 6 minutes with the light on simultaneously.
The music and light can be turned on with a push of the stomach and turned off with longer push of the stomach.
The outer fabric is washable and can be easily removed.
You can access the battery and on/off switch from the back of the seahorse by opening the velcro, if you want to remove the inner components for washing the fabric, pull out from the bottom and not the head.

How I use the seahorse:
Of course I use it to put the little one to sleep, I've had this for about 3 years and it still works perfectly.
I use regular non rechargeable batteries. It takes 3 AA batteries. I turn this on about 1-2 times a day and roughly estimating that it can last at least 1 month.
I can use this as a soft nightlight for finding something in the dark.
Sometimes I think the light is a little too bright I would just turn it onto its stomach.
Right now my second child uses this and he likes to play with it when he's awake.
on January 7, 2016
Oh Fisher Price Soothe and Glow Seahorse how I love you, let me count the ways. Seriously, this was my daughter’s constant companion until she was about 9 months old. It always calmed her down when she was fussy and she loved watching the stomach glow. I thought that the light from the glowing stomach might bother her, but it never did. It was easy to clean and took a lot of abuse without so much as a single thread coming loose. My mom always laughed at the music and called it the church seahorse, and I will admit that the soft music does sound like subdued church music, but my daughter certainly wasn’t bothered by the lack of catchy tunes. Also, a word to the wise, change the battery the moment that the music starts to drag or sound remotely out of tune. If you let it go for too long it sounds like demented carnival music from a horror film.

I loved this seahorse so much that I have purchased no fewer than 4 as baby shower presents. I also bought one for the 5-month-old grandson of a friend who had to have a hole in his heart repaired. His grandmother told me that it was one of the few things that would calm him down while he was recovering from the surgery. I was so upset when they stopped carrying these at our local Babies ‘R’ Us stores and started carrying what Fisher Price has decided to replace the seahorse with, the Soothe and Glow Giraffe. I purchased a giraffe once because I was in a bind and didn’t have time to wait for the seahorse to be delivered. I was definitely not impressed with the Giraffe. It plays the same music but it isn’t nearly as soft and cuddly as it is made of an almost felt like material instead of the soft plush covering on the seahorse. I am going to order another one soon to have on hand when we have baby #2 just in case this one goes out of stock. My two-year-old still drags it out of her toy chest to sleep with every once in awhile. Essentially, I can’t recommend this toy enough.
review image review image
We've been using this at naptime and bedtime for the past two years. It still works great and she still loves to cuddle up with it. I don't think I've even ever changed the batteries in it. When I turn it on by pressing the belly she knows it's night night time. It plays soothing lullabies and lights up. The volume can be controlled. The music plays about 15 minutes I think unless you turn it off my squeezing belly again.
review image
on January 6, 2013
I have just ordered my second seahorse (the first was received as a gift from his great grandparents at birth). My son is now 18 months of age and this toy, affectionately called "Squeegie", goes with him everywhere or there are tears and lots of them! The only reason that I have ordered another is due to my own fault of wearing out the screws that hold the battery compartment closed - I never could find the right size screwdriver when needed so I went with whatever I could find. Oh well, he seems to chew on the top green area anyway and that is beginning to get a little gross even after throwing it in the wash, so it is probably time anyway. In conclusion, this was an absolute hit of a gift from the day he was born and it has now grown to become his best friend. I love that it has two levels of volume, it definitely lasts through much use and chewing and is a nice little portable night light that is always in reach when needed. Highly recommend!
on March 24, 2015
As new parents, we probably over prepared for our new daughter by purchasing tons of baby items, toys, etc. When people ask me what our "favorites" are, the first thing that I say is this seahorse!

We have it in both pink and blue (heaven forbid one breaks, we have a backup). From the time our baby was a couple of weeks old she has been fascinated with this toy. It actually lives on her changing table, and we joke that diaper changing time is her favorite because she gets to hang out with seahorse! I love that it has settings to be loud or quiet as well as to play music for two lengths of time. And it glows when it sings as well. While the music plays, there is a soothing ocean noise in the background that seems to be really calming for our daughter. As she has gotten older, she loves to grab the seahorse by his fins and tail and always laughs when she is looking at it.

Definitely a must have baby item, it's probably our daughters favorite toy!
on May 12, 2017
I was looking for toys for my newborn niece and this came toy came up on many lists. My niece absolutely loves it even after one year. It is well constructed not leaving any worries that it could become a health hazard to the baby with pieces falling off. The music is soothing and not very loud so it is perfect for the crib. She even likes it during the day when the tummy lights up.
on July 26, 2017
This seahorse almost caught our crib on fire. I came into the room and there was smoke exiting the battery pack area and it was hot to the touch. This is not the first case of this happening and there has not been a recall on this seahorse. I'm hoping Fisher-Price has fixed the issue.
on October 25, 2013
This was so reasonably priced and so well rated that I thought I'd give it a try for my son, who has never had an easy time falling asleep. This was definitely not the way to go. The music is too loud, so when it goes off (after only a short while) it startles him awake again, and if he somehow kicks it at night and it goes on it also wakes him up. The music itself is also really weird and distorted; I think it's supposed to be reminiscent of water (with bubbles and waves) but it doesn't sound right. It is REALLY cute in a cartoon-y kind of way, but he doesn't even enjoy playing with it during the daytime.

I WOULD, however, recommend the Snugamonkey- my son was given this as a gift before he was born, and once the seahorse proved to be a flop (I had thought its size and shape would be better for sleeping with), I decided to try the monkey, since he loves playing with it during the day. That worked SO much better! The music is fine, and at a good volume, and lasts long enough that he has enough time to fall soundly asleep. So I know he's not averse to this kind of toy-- the seahorse just wasn't the right fit.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.