Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Color: Pink|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$17.99 - $449.99

Showing 1-10 of 2,267 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,923 reviews
on October 1, 2014
I'm torn on this. The idea is great, and with the 4 month sleep disruption that never ends, it's useful, but the fact that I have to get out of my bed, pad down the hall and turn it on is more than I can bear. What happened to teaching the baby about cause and effect; why is it SO insensitive that I have to press on it with my entire palm to get it on? WHY? I have stood there and watched the baby hit it endlessly for many seconds trying to make it come on and I've even had to pick it up to get it on. It's annoying, that's what. If it didn't work like a charm when I turned it on AND if i wasn't so sleep deprived, I'd return it for something more sensitive. But, I"m pretty sure he's attached. Right.

Update: My son is 2 and STILL loves his seahorse. Once he was over 12 months or so, he could easily figure out how to press the tummy to get the seahorse on, but it does take some doing, even for me. He loves it so much more now that he can do it himself. I LOVE waking up at 5am and hearing the seahorse playing (and no crying) and then going back to sleep only to have to wake HIM up at 7!! This thing WORKS! We do not travel without it. It makes wherever we are home for him. The outside comes off easily to wash in case of accidents and hasn't faded once. I do recommend that if you're washing it, you should not dry it in the dryer. If you do, the back will not completely close for a while (it'll shrink) and the velcro will keep coming apart.
on April 16, 2017
Super cute, baby loves it, music is adorable, AND...it is really, really resistant, my husband washed by accident twice the second time I rescued it from the washer, I paused and took it out, it was completely wet I thought it was not going to work anymore, and it was then when he told me he assumed it was water resistant since this was the second time it was on the laundry!! I didn't believe was thinking he was confusing it with another toy, I thought it was ruined anyway to I put in in the dryer, at least she could still play with a clean toy, when it was out I checked battery conditions and everything look like nothing ever happened and my surprise was that the toy was working as new! music still plays and last as it should be and light still turns on!!
on November 27, 2010
I bought this toy based on the reviews on Amazon. I began using it in my daughter's crib at about 4 months. This was another toy that I thought, "Eh, doesn't look like much but let's try it out." I have 2 now. One that we keep at home and one that I take on vacations. We cannot be WITHOUT one if the baby is to go to sleep. The seahorse is part of her night time ritual that she's acccustomed to. When I first bought it and set it next to her, she gazed lovingly at it's lighted belly and cooed at it. She was transfixed by it. The songs are very soft and lovely, the face is very sweet and the glowing belly provides a soft amount of light to see it's shape. Before she goes to bed, even now at 14 months, she turns to look at it briefly before falling asleep. It's become her comfort item for nite nite time. The batteries last a long time, too. After 14 months, I've only changed her one at home 2 times.
on September 26, 2016
This thing is amazing. It has a timer for two times 5 & 10 minutes and we only need the 5 minute one. There are also two volume settings. I lay my son in the crib, turn it on, and by the time it is off he is asleep. I seriously wished I got this for my last three boys. It is a must have baby item for sure! The photo below is for size reference and cuteness 😍
review image
on December 7, 2012
It was a great idea to incorporate the music and the soothing sounds in one toy. The seahorse is small enough for baby to hold and soft enough to cuddle. This will be a nice Christmas gift for my 9 month old grandson.

The reason I gave it only 4 stars is because of the fact that it is a little difficult to access the battery compartment in the back of the toy. There is a velcro closure which opens to the plastic battery case and the on and off switch, and another switch for the volume. The battery case has tiny screws which have to be removed to replace the batteries. While this is a good safety measure it is hard to attempt to change the batteries or access the switches through the small opening provided in the velcro closing.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon February 27, 2014
I bought this because it looked SO cute. I didn't know if my baby (6 months old) would like it. But figured, hey...it's only $15. If she doesn't like it...I'll keep it for myself. Yes I'm a little kid at heart, LOL! But guess what, baby LOVES it. She sleeps with it every night. I didn't think it would sooth her to sleep so quickly as the music and light only last for 5 minutes but magically, baby is able to wind down and fall asleep. There are day we have to activate it 3 or 4 times to get her to sleep. And of course this only works for normal days and not during growth spurts, teething, sick, etc. when you need to be present to comfort and sooth your baby. My 6 month old is only 50-60 percentile for her age, so she is not yet big or aware enough to activate the seahorse herself. When she cries, I have to go to the nursery and turn it on for her. Usually it lulls her right back to sleep.

After trying this, I got rid of the crib mobile because I think that thing was agitating and scaring my baby. When she wakes up in the middle of the night and the room is dark and there are dark objects floating and dangling over her...yeah. I would be scared, too.

This little glow seahorse sleeps right beside her as a little companion. It's a little heavy for her to be picking up and hugging. When she tries the it is head heavy and topples over. But I think she'll grow into it as she gets older and bigger. I love the songs. Some are classical pieces and some are nursery rhymes. And there is soothing water/bubbles sound effects that accompany each song that I find totally darling. The light is a little bright in a completely dark room. I just turn it to face away from baby if it looks like it's bother her. But it doesn't. Great for your baby and makes an excellent gift. I might need to get more. One for the grandparents' house. Heck, one for me, too!
on April 10, 2017
I would have like more options on it. Maybe play longer than a couple of songs in a row. Maybe a sound button too. I find it very loud sometimes... But other than that great musical toy, light is not too bright. Cute songs and water noise... oh and belly Kinda hard to push though.
on April 21, 2017
I wanted to try something different than the sleepy sheep for our third child. But I regret it. It only stays on for five minutes, plays the same dumb loop, and has no volume setting. The volume is too loud. The little light is nice but I would rather the option to turn it off too and just have music play.
on December 30, 2013
my baby boy loves this seahorse. It fits well with his room theme, it the perfect lighting for right before bed. The music plays for just the right amount of time, before fading out slowly. my son loves to suck on the fur of this thing - he has just turned 5 months. so cute and served it's purpose. The only thing I found priced fairly for what it is. Highly recommend.
on March 28, 2011
My LO is 3 months old. Hes too young to turn it on himself so if it goes off and he was watching it then i need to get up and turn it back on for him. Its nice in a dark car if hes a wake and cant see anything. Just lights it up enough for him to see the toys dangling from car seat. Its also nice to tuen on when hes asleep in the middle of the night for feedings or just to look and check in on him. Not too bright and you can turn it off.... He might be more interactive with it when he gets older.. so fingers crossed.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.